Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED!  (Read 42358 times)
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 04:00:44 AM

I saw this news on the front page of my newspaper ! Sharing its picture below :

Its the second time I saw news related to bitcoin in newspaper.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 04:05:56 AM

what is more concerning is Gavin Andresen seemingly buying this bullshit. Very alarming.
Gavin apparently was able to personally verify the signature of a signed message signed by 12c6DSiU4Rq3P4ZxziKxzrL5LmMBrzjrJX which received the block subsidy of the first block after the genesis block. From what I have read, an administrative assistant to Wright purchased a new laptop and USB stick that Gavin then used to download a copy of electrum and verify the signed message. It is possible that the laptop was in fact not newly purchased but was instead previously tampered with.

From what I can gather, some people are trying to make this somewhat of a blocksize debate instead of a debate of how realistic it is that Wright is in fact satoshi. 

This may be a naive question (in fact, I'm sure of it!), but if this event took place, why can't we see evidence of it on the ledger?  And, why wouldn't the proof have been published on the block chain?  Isn't that the purpose of the ledger....to remove the third party from the system?
In order to sign a message all you need to do is control the private key of the address you are signing. There is no actual movement/exchange of money. Please see this thread for more information about how signing a message works.

The purpose of the ledger/blockchain is to have a record of all of the bitcoin transactions, it protects you against the double spending of the same money.

Although I'm still confused by the method Wright chose to attempt to prove his identity, I get it now.  Assuming Gavin's conviction is genuine, might it be possible that Wright does have access to the private keys but doesn't have access to the funds due to a multisig contract (was multisig even available on the early protocol) requiring a second signature that he can't access yet because its locked up in a safety deposit box somewhere (maybe this guy's: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155054.0) ?
Satoshi's bitcoin are not held in a multisig address(es). A multisig address is currently one that starts with a "3" while a "traditional"/"normal" bitcoin address is currently one that starts with "1" (although if I understand correctly, segwit will change this), and all of the bitcoin that is believed to be owned/held by satoshi are held in non-multisig addresses. Additionally it was not possible to use "multisig" addresses (at least how we have ever known them) as of the time when satoshi left. It is possible (however I personally believe it to be unlikely) that satoshi generated many private keys in a way so that he did not personally have access to the entire private key and that some other party had access to the portions of the private keys that Wright does not have access to. It is also possible that Wright gave access to his private keys to some third party trustee who agreed to hold onto the coins until certain conditions are/were met and then deleted the private keys. Another possibility is that satoshi created n-lock-time transactions that spent his bitcoin to a previously unused address(es) that is only valid a long time in the future and then deleted his private keys.

Also, considering that Wright has two super computers, what is the probability that he brute forced the private keys for the address at block #0?
zero

That's what I thought.  So, if we assumed that Gavin's assessment of the proof presented to him was genuine and we assumed that Gavin's competent enough to accurately assess that evidence without being fooled, then we can assume that Wright does have the private key associated with the address in the genesis block.  Correct?  If that is the case, then there is absolutely no reason why a transaction cannot be published from that address right?  (unless, of course, transactions from block #0 are not accessible for some reason)
It was actually from block "1" which is the block found immediately after the genesis block. (and the BTC in the genesis block are actually not spendable so it would not be entirely out of the question for satoshi to have destroyed this private key). Other then that your assessment is correct -- if you assume that Wright did in fact produce a valid signature to a message signed with the private key to the address that received the block subsidy of block "1" then there is no reason why Wright would not be able to push a transaction from that address. 

That's what I surmised.  So, none of this media posturing "amounts to a hill of beans" because we know that if the claim was valid, it could be publicized in a more convincing manner for less than a nickle, instead of the price of a transatlantic airline ticket and an uber to the BBC newsroom.  
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:17:23 AM

Wonder if anyone has informed the Australian Taxation Office about this...

I'm sure Mr. Wright already planned out how to deal with the ATO, what kind of manoeuvre he's playing out with the government is more interesting in the coming days.

As he proclaimed to be the one, he can also claim that he lost all his keys in a boating accident. What kind of taxation consequence would he face?

If I lost the money a customer paid me with, my government still wants - and will take - their portion. They'll seize bank accounts, investments and securities, insurance payments, real estate, personal property for public sale, etc.
getrichquack

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

Need money

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:29:55 AM

YAY YAY !!! SATOSHI IS FOUND !!!!

AND

HE"S AN AUSSIE!!!!!  Grin
[/color]

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE !!!!
[/color]

but wow ...what an angry dude !!!
Nothing like the spiritually enlightened financial guru I'd imagined!

THIS GUY IS SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF !!!

....Bit of a disappointment really ..
He seems like a bit off a tosser to me.

Maybe he should change his handle to something more apt now
How about :

SARCASI LAKSAMOJO
SHITOFFI PICSRNONO
IDIDINTWANTTOBEKNOWNI   BUTSHOTMYMOUTHOFFINMYBLOGGANYWAYO

CryptoYeti

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 04:32:01 AM

I am also casting my lot as doubting the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto as being that of Dr. Craig Wright.

http://cryptoyeti.com/who-is-satoshi-nakamoto/
mki8

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:50:11 AM

if you think you can publicly announe "i have $400 million dollars" (of whatever)
and you are going to be left alone lol

governments dont let that type of amounts slide
and you would quickly be detained until they find a "legal solution"

The BBC is also a government agency (controlled business)
The UK top brass would know about this before it got aired
and if it were true they (MI6, NSA, CIA) would have got him before he could sit in front of a camera

the guy cannot even finish his own website
seems like 2 clicks in softaculous to install phpBB is too much for him

his haircut gives him away for me.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:21:46 AM

Damn I am tempted to go buy a local paper newspaper today to see if the editors have already written a piece on Craig Wright being the real Satoshi Nakamoto  Grin I think it doesn't matter any more what motives Craig has to fake this story because this is free publicity for Bitcoin on a global scale.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:24:00 AM

Damn I am tempted to go buy a local paper newspaper today to see if the editors have already written a piece on Craig Wright being the real Satoshi Nakamoto  Grin I think it doesn't matter any more what motives Craig has to fake this story because this is free publicity for Bitcoin on a global scale.

Yep, free publicity, right up there with Mt Gox and Paul Vernon's Cryptsy. Oh, and John Fitzpatrick being the cause for getting two university admins to resign in Oregon.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:35:59 AM

Okay, who woke up Crackhead? http://pastebin.com/6TAyryqH

Many of you know me as cryptcracker, the bounty hunter that is uncovering the truth behind the Crypty "hack" and bringing the perpetrators to justice. However I have been doing this kind of work far before the cryptsy incident, I am making this dispatch today to reveal crucial information on the sudden news about Satoshi Nakamoto's identity and the plot Gavin Andresen has been involved in.

Satoshi was the greatest mind that I have seen in ages always calm and collected a real genius. Notice that I said was, that's because I'm sorry to say Satoshi Nakamoto was murdered by Gavin Andresen and his CIA associates. The CIA saw the transparency of the blockchain and they thought this would be a good way to track their "dirty subordinates". Let me explain, the CIA gives money, guns and drugs to terrorists so they can do things like stage a coup and overthrow governments this is well documented. The CIA saw the transparency of bitcoin and got the idea to start using bitcoin as one of the ways they fund these dirty subordinates.

Gavin was given the task of identifying Satoshi and flipping on him which he did. Once Satoshi was found and about to be captured I was informed 1 of 2 things happened, Satoshi committed suicide or the authorities were successful in capturing Satoshi and Satoshi was tortured and then killed. I am sorry for not being 100% certain on which one it is but it was one of the two I know this because my sources also relayed documents to me showing Satoshis dead body and classified CIA files.  

Craig Wright was chosen as the CIA's front man to act like he was the real Satoshi Nakamoto. Gavin Andresen was to use his position in the community to pass this off. However these fools completely botched there plan because 1. they don't have the keys to the best of my knowledge and 2. they over estimated their manipulative tactics. The CIA got used to pulling these tactics on the general population but they didn't understand something this transparent wouldn't work against the bitcoin Community since it's much more tech savvy.

This was one of the saddest stories that I have known about for a while and I think it needs to get out there. I am currently hesitant in releasing the confidential CIA files because if Satoshi's identity is know his friends and family will be in danger along with my sources. I will attempt to secure them so they are not in danger once that is done I might be able to release the files.

Thank you for your time, another dispatch will be coming soon.

OK. That crackkhead read my theory about what happened to SN and changed it a little bit. There are some inconsistencies:

- CIA doesn't need Gavin to identify Satoshi - apart from the fact, that Gavin never met Satoshi, they have a lot of surveillance technics to do that job.

- This sentence: "Bitcoin for The CIA saw the transparency of bitcoin and got the idea to start using bitcoin as one of the ways they fund these dirty subordinates." makes no sense. Why should the CIA use a "transparent" currency to "fund dirty subordinates"Huh Wouldn't it be too transparent for "dirty" jobs?

The reason why it was worth finding SN was the Bradley Manning/Wikileaks/Paypal/Bitcoin story.
Btw. Satoshi didn't like the fact, that Wikileaks started accepting Bitcoins, because of the sudden raise in popularity, which lead to being a visible spot on the govs radar.

Mike Hearn seems to be noticeable quiet on this breaking news. 

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:41:37 AM

I saw this news on the front page of my newspaper ! Sharing its picture below :

Its the second time I saw news related to bitcoin in newspaper.
Really? Second time? Man you should read it more thoroughly, you will find more news related to it more often.
Also yesterday even DD News(they in past 4 years have never given a crap about bitcoin) were also showing that the identity of Satoshi has been revealed.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 06:30:53 AM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

One of the biggest hoaxes in recent history I would say.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:41:17 AM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

A hoax would have a fun component, which I don't find here. This looks like a well planned covert op to take control over the Bitcoin code.

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
LASERminer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:47:40 AM

As I said before: in the heat of this "revelation" under main article attached sub:"What is Bitcoin?" & "Use of Bitcoins" is the positive side of it for sure.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:53:22 AM

well any proof at all would be nice...

anyone could claim it and if it was really him just do anything that
he "could" do to prove it

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:50:27 AM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"Col. Jessup, was there or was there not a red eye flight to Heathrow on the night Agent Andresen supposedly met up with Agent Wright?"

"Son, us Marines have balls. And we love to have are balls cupped. Have you ever cupped a Marine's balls?"
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:16:57 AM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Well I had already seen plenty of proof to convince me that Wright is not Satoshi, but I still thought that Gavin was maybe an innocent in all this. He may have been tricked by slight of hand and who knows what other distractions were going on during the demonstration. But now with this direct contradiction of his statements, it seems he played a bigger part than we were originally led to believe. It is becoming easier to understand why he still "believed" even though the proof says otherwise. It will be interesting to see how he tries to spin his way out of this one. Looks like this time around multiple hoaxers will be outed.
Chakraball

Activity: 81
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:24:37 AM

Craig recently deleted one of his Twitter accounts: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SsT1QaIIxIIJ:https://twitter.com/c01nblog+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/12/10/the-search-for-the-godfather-of-bitcoin-does-not-end-with-craig-wright/#gref

Craig: I don't want fame or fortune. Okay, so I do want fame and WILL use my supposed fortune to secure loans.

He either conned or was involved with KLEIMAN at one point.

C01N LTD. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08248988/officers

and another company with some one called Ramona Watts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08260048/officers
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 08:30:59 AM

A hoax would have a fun component, which I don't find here. This looks like a well planned covert op to take control over the Bitcoin code.

Well planned? Wright had zero chance of convincing anyone with his public 'proof'. Everyone knew that he would get properly examined by the community, especially after the last time.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:36:16 AM

Well planned? Wright had zero chance of convincing anyone with his public 'proof'. Everyone knew that he would get properly examined by the community, especially after the last time.

We wouldn't be talking about it here on page 24 if he didn't convince some big players obv.

FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:40:29 AM

This is a quote from wikipedia:
"Craig Steven Wright born October 1970)[3] is an Australian computer scientist and businessman. He claims to be the real person behind the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto—the creator of Bitcoin—a claim that is disputed within the Bitcoin community."

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: