Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:40:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED!  (Read 42358 times)
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:15:44 PM

To be honest it does seem like this whole drama has mustered up a pretty good theory on the real Satoshi, maybe Craig finally decided he couldn't pretend to take claim for his dead friends work.

I am pretty much staying in the David Kleiman = SN group for now, and I am pretty damn okay with that.

The only reason he used Kleiman is because he's dead.

Dead people are convenient because there are no contradictions in the unfolding story. The narrative is controlled by the person talking as the dead can't speak. It's like saying a lie that involves others. It's better if you lie about something that involves only you - you need less witnesses. If you have to involve others, well, dead people are the way to go....
True but I am pretty sure Satoshi is dead, or we would have heard something by now via some avenue.

We probably have in 2 instances.

1) I'm not Dorian Nakamoto
2) The August post on the dev mailing list

(The third one with "I'm not Craig Wright - we are all Satoshi" was spoofed)
I don't think these messages: about Dorian, and dev mailing list - can be counted as proofs of Satoshi's real actions.
At this point I refuse to believe in any action of "Satoshi" without him proving his identity first. We don't need this drama.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:16:02 PM

Not sure if this was posted, too many threads on this.  Seems he hired a PR firm for this

http://qz.com/676834/satoshi-nakamoto-hired-david-bowies-pr-agency-for-his-big-reveal/
Well he did get his 15 days of fame! Now we can forget the cheater.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:17:41 PM

Bitcoin 'creator' backs out of Satoshi coin move 'proof'
Classic sociopath. Now he's the "victim". Roll Eyes

Gavin still has some explaining to do in my mind.
No. Gavin either got conned pretty badly, or has signed that NDA that was also offered to Antonopoulos. Either way, he's a risk; it is time for both him and Matonis to depart.

Drama ended. Let's continue with the blocksize debate....
Replace the existing drama with another type of drama? There is no need. Core has a clear plan for 2016.

Aaaaahhhhhh..... The Purge continues.

Sure good you're all freedom loving anarcaps and libertarians.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
JaneEverycunt

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:17:47 PM

BREAKING NEWS: FALSE SATOSHI PROVEN

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36213580

Drama ended. Let's continue with the blocksize debate....
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, what a joker. I just can't it's too hard to sign a block it hurts me emotionally to prove I am not a big fucking liar. Oh poor me just believe me on my word and not the two minutes it takes to sign an address.

what a sad guy this craig dude really is. i'd like to understand what he tried to achieve with thi bs.

Prophesies are being fulfilled...

And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
And the people stood beholding. And the sig spammers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Satoshi, the chosen of God.
And the degenerate gamblers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,
And saying, If thou be the king of Crypto, save thyself.
And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and 1337, THIS IS SATOSHI NAKOMOTO, INVENTOR OF BITCOIN.
Leonius

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 03:20:06 PM

what a sad guy this craig dude really is.

Dude - he is an Aussie.  Aussie do weird shit like this.  Who the fuck knows why?  Probably some strange DNA defect.  Fuck them.

Lol, in all serious i hope if he was satoshi he has support in some way.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:25:47 PM

To be honest it does seem like this whole drama has mustered up a pretty good theory on the real Satoshi, maybe Craig finally decided he couldn't pretend to take claim for his dead friends work.

I am pretty much staying in the David Kleiman = SN group for now, and I am pretty damn okay with that.

The only reason he used Kleiman is because he's dead.

Dead people are convenient because there are no contradictions in the unfolding story. The narrative is controlled by the person talking as the dead can't speak. It's like saying a lie that involves others. It's better if you lie about something that involves only you - you need less witnesses. If you have to involve others, well, dead people are the way to go....
True but I am pretty sure Satoshi is dead, or we would have heard something by now via some avenue.

We probably have in 2 instances.

1) I'm not Dorian Nakamoto
2) The August post on the dev mailing list

(The third one with "I'm not Craig Wright - we are all Satoshi" was spoofed)
I don't think these messages: about Dorian, and dev mailing list - can be counted as proofs of Satoshi's real actions.
At this point I refuse to believe in any action of "Satoshi" without him proving his identity first. We don't need this drama.

Using his accounts / emails is some level of proof, for as long as these accounts aren't known to be hacked or renewed by third parties when they expired. It's sure better than signing nothing and saying "oh my friends over here vouch for me".
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 03:28:34 PM

so the TV station was right from the very beginning.

poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:00:43 PM

I bet Craig Wright gets arrested and extradited back to Australia soon to face charges for the tax scam he pulled off there. If he can't prove he's Satoshi thet are going to get him, and he can't prove he's Satoshi because he's not.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:02:17 PM

http://vitalbet.com/sport/match/577428

Book closes 31.05.2016, 16:00
DR. CRAIG WRIGHT TO PROVE HE IS SATOSHI?
Yes 2.76
No 1.37

Cheesy

http://vitalbet.com/sport/match/577428

Book closes 31.05.2016, 16:00
DR. CRAIG WRIGHT TO PROVE HE IS SATOSHI?
Yes 8.95
No 1.02

That escalated quickly  Tongue Grin
spartacusrex

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:08:15 PM

One thing..

IF SN is Kleiman.. When was that post made by Satoshi about him not being Dorian Nakamoto.. ?

Wasn't that AFTER 2013..

Huh

Life is Code.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:08:39 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36213588

On Monday evening, I suggested to Wright's PR firm that if he could send me a fraction of a coin from an early Bitcoin block - which of course I would return - that might show he had Satoshi's keys. But Wright's team came up with a different plan on Wednesday afternoon.

They sent me a draft blog in which he outlined a scheme that would see Matonis, Andresen and the BBC all send small amounts of Bitcoin to the address used in the first ever transaction. Then he would send it back, in what would be the first outgoing transactions from the block since January 2009.

We went ahead with our payments - I sent 0.017BTC (about £5), which you can still see in the online records. Matonis and Andresen sent similar amounts.

Then we waited. And waited. Then my phone rang - with the news that the whole operation was "on hold", with no reason given.

Eighteen hours later we are still waiting for the payments to be made - and now Wright's new blog says that is not going to happen.

Cry Cry Cry

poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:22:57 PM

On Monday evening, I suggested to Wright's PR firm that if he could send me a fraction of a coin from an early Bitcoin block - which of course I would return - that might show he had Satoshi's keys. But Wright's team came up with a different plan on Wednesday afternoon.

They sent me a draft blog in which he outlined a scheme that would see Matonis, Andresen and the BBC all send small amounts of Bitcoin to the address used in the first ever transaction. Then he would send it back, in what would be the first outgoing transactions from the block since January 2009.

We went ahead with our payments - I sent 0.017BTC (about £5), which you can still see in the online records. Matonis and Andresen sent similar amounts.

Then we waited. And waited. Then my phone rang - with the news that the whole operation was "on hold", with no reason given.

Eighteen hours later we are still waiting for the payments to be made - and now Wright's new blog says that is not going to happen.

Cry Cry Cry

Matonis, Andresen and the BBC deserve to get scammed out of 0.017 BTC each for giving credence to this big lie. At least it's cost them £5 each. Why didn't they demand he signs a message properly on this forum or tell him to get lost?
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:35:58 PM

No. Gavin either got conned pretty badly, or has signed that NDA that was also offered to Antonopoulos. Either way, he's a risk; it is time for both him and Matonis to depart.

To be fair, the guy is a liability. I don't know why anyone would want someone so credulous on their team. This is the same guy who wanted to introduce a centralised node blacklist downloaded from the net... great idea, no problems there.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:36:43 PM

Cry Cry Cry

So Matonis and Andreson whore themselves once again, and happily play Craigs tune, while everyone else is rightly demanding that the power of the blockchain be shown to the world in one easy transaction, which does not need to involve anyone else.

Jeeeze, the foundation (small f) didnt stand a chance with these self serving, self righteous clowns deciding how Bitcoin should be used and importantly, perceived. I wonder if people who have received advises from these two over the years (companies/governments/trade reps etc.), are questioning the info they got. I bloody would.  

Andreas for President, i say!    
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:26:25 PM

To be fair, the guy is a liability. I don't know why anyone would want someone so credulous on their team. This is the same guy who wanted to introduce a centralised node blacklist downloaded from the net... great idea, no problems there.

That's simply not true. I know what you're thinking of, but if you have to add that much colour to make your point it's probably not a good one anyway.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 06:26:11 PM

Look what you all did! You scared Craig away!

http://www.drcraigwright.net
I’m Sorry

I believed that I could do this. I believed that I could put the years of anonymity and hiding behind me. But, as the events of this week unfolded and I prepared to publish the proof of access to the earliest keys, I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot.

When the rumors began, my qualifications and character were attacked. When those allegations were proven false, new allegations have already begun. I know now that I am not strong enough for this.

I know that this weakness will cause great damage to those that have supported me, and particularly to Jon Matonis and Gavin Andresen. I can only hope that their honour and credibility is not irreparably tainted by my actions. They were not deceived, but I know that the world will never believe that now. I can only say I’m sorry.

And goodbye.

Well, it was fun.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:29:58 PM

That's simply not true. I know what you're thinking of, but if you have to add that much colour to make your point it's probably not a good one anyway.

What isn't true? Besides Hearn, he was the main proponent and developer of XT. The code requested to download a list of IP addresses from a server for a blacklist.
aurigae

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 06:36:23 PM

Look what you all did! You scared Craig away!

http://www.drcraigwright.net
I’m Sorry

I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot.

I know now that I am not strong enough for this.

Well, it was fun.
Broke what?
Do not have the courage for what?
Cannot what?

Strong enough for what?

We ll, at least his statements are somewhat crypto xD

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:42:14 PM

What isn't true? Besides Hearn, he was the main proponent and developer of XT. The code requested to download a list of IP addresses from a server for a blacklist.

To give lower priority in a ddos. Not blacklist.

The blacklist thing was because you can't have a brainwave in BTC without everyone shouting "Slippery Slope!!!".

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 06:49:42 PM

Cry Cry Cry

A single key transaction wouldn't have been enough to prove that he has control of Satoshi's stake in the project anyway....He probably figured out the futility of that effort and changed his mind....or, you guys are just his puppets in an opening act and he's making you dance a little before exposing his true motives....Probably, both!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: