Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is the Real Mr. Bitcoin Himself  (Read 1091 times)
bitwarrior (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:51:47 AM

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36168863

Creator of Bitcoin digital cash reveals identity

Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright has publicly identified himself as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto.
His admission ends years of speculation about who came up with the original ideas underlying the digital cash system.
Mr Wright has provided technical proof to back up his claim using coins known to be owned by Bitcoin's creator.
Prominent members of the Bitcoin community and its core development team have also confirmed Mr Wright's claim.
Signed blocks
Mr Wright has revealed his identity to three media organisations - the BBC, the Economist and GQ.
At the meeting with the BBC, Mr Wright digitally signed messages using cryptographic keys created during the early days of Bitcoin's development. The keys are inextricably linked to blocks of bitcoins known to have been created or "mined" by Satoshi Nakamoto.
"These are the blocks used to send 10 bitcoins to Hal Finney in January [2009] as the first bitcoin transaction," said Mr Wright during his demonstration.
Renowned cryptographer Hal Finney was one of the engineers who helped turn Mr Wright's ideas into the Bitcoin protocol, he said.

"I was the main part of it, but other people helped me," he said.
Mr Wright said he planned to release information that would allow others to cryptographically verify that he is Satoshi Nakamoto.
Jon Matonis, an economist and one of the founding directors of the Bitcoin Foundation, said he was convinced that Mr Wright was who he claimed to be.
"During the London proof sessions, I had the opportunity to review the relevant data along three distinct lines: cryptographic, social, and technical," he said.
"It is my firm belief that Craig Wright satisfies all three categories."
'I want to work'
By going public, Mr Wright hopes to put an end to press speculation about the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto. The New Yorker, Fast Company, Newsweek and many other media organisations have all conducted long investigations seeking Bitcoin's creator and named many different people as candidates.
In December 2015, two magazines, Wired and Gizmodo, named Mr Wright as a candidate after receiving documents believed to be stolen from him that revealed his involvement with the project.
Soon after these stories were published, authorities in Australia raided the home of Mr Wright. The Australian Taxation Office said the raid was linked to a long-running investigation into tax payments rather than Bitcoin.

Questioned about this raid, Mr Wright said he was cooperating fully with the ATO.
"We have lawyers negotiating with them over how much I have to pay," he said.
The stories in December have led to many more journalists and others pursuing him and people he knows, he said.
"There are lots of stories out there that have been made up and I don't like it hurting those people I care about," he said. "I don't want any of them to be impacted by this."
"I have not done this because it is what I wanted. It's not because of my choice," he said, adding that he had no plans to become the figurehead for bitcoins.
"I really do not want to be the public face of anything," he said, expressing regret that he had been forced to reveal his identity.
"I would rather not do it," he said. "I want to work, I want to keep doing what I want to do. I don't want money. I don't want fame. I don't want adoration. I just want to be left alone."
Bitcoins are now accepted as payment for a vast variety of goods and services - everything from international money transfers to ransoms for data encrypted by computer viruses. There are currently about 15.5 million bitcoins in circulation. Each one is worth about $449 (£306).
Satoshi Nakamoto is believed to amassed about one million Bitcoins which would give him a net worth, if all were converted to cash, of about $450m.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mr.Pro

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:11:23 AM

Yun lang pala eh, edi hayaan na natin siya.. Haha
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:31:52 AM

I seriously doubt it. After reading everything so far, signed message or GTFO. hehehe. I think Gavin is waiting before he will say something.

vindicare

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:03:02 PM

$450m ang laking pera nun kahit 5 beses ka mabuhay tapos tag isang dosenang asawa pakasalan mo kaya mong buhayin mga yun.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:13:30 PM

For a lot of people, pwede. Pero depende rin. Tandaan maraming billionaires, medyo kulang yan. hehe.

Isipin mo na lang ang lifetime income mo, magkano ang kikitain mo sa buhay mo. But that's off topic.

This topic: Craig Wright has not provided any verifiable proof, so as far as I'm concerned, he's not the real Satoshi Nakamoto.

The price is going down though, so now is a good time to buy some coins, because when everyone else realizes he's a fake, the price will go back up.

Mr.Pro

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:13:33 AM

Bakit niya pa ipapakilala ang sarili niya eh parang sinasabi niya ng maging target siya concerned gov't authorities dahil sa daming bitcoins na hawak niya.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:39:43 AM

Craig Wright just wants attention, or he is running a long con, getting money from other investors. Hindi sya si Satoshi. Walang mabigay na proof. Nauto lang nya ibang tao, pero tayo, syempre, hindi.

Anyway, basahin na lang ang thread sa main section, mas maraming detalya doon.

bitwarrior (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:56:21 AM

Craig Wright just wants attention, or he is running a long con, getting money from other investors. Hindi sya si Satoshi. Walang mabigay na proof. Nauto lang nya ibang tao, pero tayo, syempre, hindi.

Anyway, basahin na lang ang thread sa main section, mas maraming detalya doon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions on the article posted. Would you rather believe that SN was killed by the CIA?
Mr.Pro

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:04:48 AM

Mas paniniwalaan ko pang ordinaryong tao si SN at gusto lang nyang maiba ang financial system ng mundo kahit papaano eh mawala ang corruption sa mundo.
bitwarrior (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:07:49 AM

Mas paniniwalaan ko pang ordinaryong tao si SN at gusto lang nyang maiba ang financial system ng mundo kahit papaano eh mawala ang corruption sa mundo.

From the things you were saying, it only tell us that Satoshi Nakamoto is No Ordinary Man Smiley
Mr.Pro

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:14:24 AM

From the things you were saying, it only tell us that Satoshi Nakamoto is No Ordinary Man Smiley

Ah, ang gusto ko lang sabihin. Hdi siya politician, rich business man, etc.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:28:44 AM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions on the article posted. Would you rather believe that SN was killed by the CIA?
Oh, I don't really care if he's dead or alive. But we work in this bitcoin world, where everything has to be proven by signed messages. All bitcoin transactions are signed. All our addresses have corresponding private keys.

Simpleng proof, hindi nya mabigay.

Opinion only, I think no one knows who SN really is. It's possible he's dead. It's also possible he buried his wallet data safely and will dig it up a few years from now and spend them.

It doesn't matter. But anyone who is attempting to claim to be SN had better be able to back it up with proof. And make it public, not some private proof with all sorts of NDAs. Parang wala din.

Ganitong kadali lang:

19svkxfDSoNXM5tVjAGojavZQ4H5N9z4Q
This is a signed message.
H7SFx5l9rjhgqkH8PRLBI9mqixvlkGZqyLcCPZD9G9RqHL8k1nOH2wX843YtcLFWASIYfCZz7PmATzG CPkJ33Co=

Now, everyone can verify that message against that bitcoin address using the signature.

Ang gusto naten, is SN uses an address that is from the first 100 blocks, kasi almost sure na sya nag mina ng mga yun. Or better yet, the Genesis block.

Also, meron naman sya PGP Public Key, na alam ng maraming tao. Somewhere. Madali lang ma verify din yun.

Eh, wala... so liar liar pants on fire.

Mr.Pro

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:39:33 AM

Paano kaya kung si S.N. is also John titor Grin

Kaya biglang nawala haha..
kailan ba nawala si SN?
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:55:34 AM

kailan ba nawala si SN?

Sino yon?

Nawala sya about 2010. There was a message in 2013 about Dorian Nakamoto from one of his accounts (could be hacked) that said "I am not Dorian."

But other than that, wala ng balita from SN.

bitwarrior (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:58:42 AM

kailan ba nawala si SN?

Sino yon?

Nawala sya about 2010. There was a message in 2013 about Dorian Nakamoto from one of his accounts (could be hacked) that said "I am not Dorian."

But other than that, wala ng balita from SN.

John Titor = a time traveler from the future, he came from an alternate reality where in USA and Canada is already acting as one nation. Which was exposed as a hoax Smiley
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:09:26 AM

Hehe. I don't believe in time travel from the future. I can believe in "time travel" to the future, one way. (Matulog ka lang ng matagal, mag pa cryo ka, hibernate, whatever.)

elobizph

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:15:18 PM

tanong ko lng kelan ba ngcmula ung bitcoin?
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:47:40 PM

White paper 2008. Genesis block 2009. There may have been other genesis blocks prior, or like testnet, but the chain we are on now begins from 2009.

elobizph

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:57:06 PM

White paper 2008. Genesis block 2009. There may have been other genesis blocks prior, or like testnet, but the chain we are on now begins from 2009.
ang ibig sbhin pla ung address na ito eh hindi kay satoshi
https://blockchain.info/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa?offset=1000&filter=0

kc sabi nea 10 btc ung first transaction eto kc 50 btc?
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:08:22 PM

ang ibig sbhin pla ung address na ito eh hindi kay satoshi
https://blockchain.info/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa?offset=1000&filter=0

kc sabi nea 10 btc ung first transaction eto kc 50 btc?

Kay Satoshi yan, that is the genesis block. That is the address of the first mined bitcoin with a block reward of 50. Ngayon kasi 25 na lang, and in a few weeks it will get halved to 12.5 per block.

10 BTC is one transaction from another block, to Hal Finney. Kay Satoshi din yon.

Not all blocks are Satoshi's, but if Craig Wright can sign messages or move coins from any of the first 100 blocks, then he has proven he is a very early miner. (Or bought the private keys to those wallets.)

The more definitive proof would be to sign a message using that address from the genesis block, AND to sign 50+ messages from addresses used in the first 100 blocks; AND to sign a PGP/GPG message using the original public key which the old timers know.

Moving coins is simply signing messages too, that would work, but for definite proof, he should move 50+ blocks worth of coins from the first 100 blocks.

He can not move the coins from the genesis block because the protocol won't let anyone do it, some weird limitation.

If he moves, say, all the coins from blocks 1 to blocks 50, or at least 50 blocks from the first 100 or 200 blocks, then I think most people will believe him. That's only 2500 BTC, which, at that time, was worth pennies.

If he moves only one coin (or one block worth of coins), that only proves that he was an early miner, OR was able to obtain the private key for that bitcoin address.

ImnotOctopus

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 12:21:13 AM

Mas convincing pa saken yung story na pinatay sa torture or nag suicide si Satoshi dahil nadakip sya ng CIA sa tulong ni anderseen. At si craig ang pinapalabas ng CIA na sya si Satoshi.

Hindi ako sigurado dito pero mas naniwala pa ako dito kesa kay best actor craig wright.

Hindi ko kilala lhat ng developer ng bitcoin pero hindi talaga ako naniniwala kay craig at ang nakakainis kasi sang ayon si anderseen.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: