Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:58:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offer for you Nubzors  (Read 773 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:46:43 AM

Hey guys,
Welcome. I'm sure plenty of you are not new to Bitcoins, but then again I'm sure some of you are. You probably have a wallet w/Instawallet (not saying thats a bad thing). Have you heard of a Paper Wallet? Its the safest [and coolest] way to store your Bitcoins. They are completely offline, and exist in a long numerical code no one else could ever possibly discover. When you want to turn Bitcoins from your paper wallet into ones in your hot wallet that you can spend, its quite easy.
Anyways, my offer is this: for 0.15 Bitcoins I'll help you start multiple paper wallets, if you'd like. What I'm offering (shipping included) are 5 x Bitcoin Bills. They are printed on 100% Cotton and have a Security scratch-off. The scratch-off covers your private key so no one can see it, and also makes you think twice about spending your bills! All orders will come with a very thorough set of directions that anyone will be able to understand.
Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:19:58 AM

The scratch-off covers your private key so no one can see it, ..
But, you have seen it, haven't you?
So I have to fully trust your word, that you didn't store the keys somewhere to grab my coins later.

Not really recommended to trust anyone if it's about money.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:32:47 PM

If you would be willing to simply hand this complete stranger your money and ask him to hold on to it for you, trusting that he'll return it immediately when you ask for it, then go ahead and use his pre-printed "Bitcoin-Bills".

If you would not trust him enough to do that, then do not use his pre-printed "Bitcoin-Bills".

Note, there are many knowledgeable people on this forum who would be happy to explain to you for free step-by-step how to create your own "Paper Wallet" so that you don't have to trust anyone else with access to your money.  All you have to do is ask (or search, it has been explained may times in the past).
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:39:26 PM

So I have to fully trust your word, that you didn't store the keys somewhere to grab my coins later.

Hell, even if he didn't save the document used to print this so called "bill", he could easily reconstruct the entire thing from the printer spool queue and just grab the coins as soon as someone loads the bill.
nikb

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 05:02:33 PM

What? Such a deal! I'll take 10! At last, I'm becoming a crafty consumer.  Roll Eyes

What a disaster waiting to happen.
7kansb

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 05:37:53 PM

OK, so here comes just that: How to securely make your own bitcoin bills.

Fast & easy version:
- Go to bitaddress.org.
- Choose the "Paper Wallet" tab.
- Print. Done.
If you want to use the bills to receive coins but not spend them, you can rip the bill in two pieces. The rightmost piece marked "Spend" is to be left at home or in a secure place. The leftmost piece marked "Load & Verify" is all you need to receive coins and check the balance on the bill.

Paranoia version (but without encryption):
- Go to bitaddress.org.
- Save the page as an html file and transfer it to an isolated computer (no internet or network connection).
- Open up the html page on this isolated computer after making sure you closed your door and blinds.
- Be sure to obey the counsel to move your mouse around.
- Choose the "Paper Wallet" or "Bulk wallet" tab.
- Don't print or save anything. Instead, copy the private keys to a piece of paper using a pen (no digital equipment). While doing this, make sure not to leave any marks on what's underneath the paper, for example by holding the paper in your other hand.
- Store this piece of paper in a secure location.
- Print or copy the addresses.
- Get hold of 10 gal of HCl and an equal amount of H2SO4. Mix these ingredients and add all the internals of your isolated computer.
nikb

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 05:45:12 PM

- Get hold of 10 gal of HCl and an equal amount of H2SO4. Mix these ingredients and add all the internals of your isolated computer.

DO NOT DO THIS!!! Mixing hydrochloric and sulfuric acid can generate hydrogen chloride gas, which is dangerous and can cause serious health problems. And that is before you add all the computer components into the witches brew - who knows what will happen then?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 05:53:10 PM

DO NOT DO THIS!!! Mixing hydrochloric and sulfuric acid can generate hydrogen chloride gas, which is dangerous and can cause serious health problems. And that is before you add all the computer components into the witches brew - who knows what will happen then?

How about if I use 2130 g of NaOH (that's 1 liter right?) and 1941.69 g of HCl?  Then I won't have to worry about toxic fumes, right?  If I got the amounts exactly right, it would even be safe to drink, wouldn't it?   Grin

EDIT: Modified my proportions, since they aren't equal density.  I guess since the HCl is likely to be dissolved in water, I'll need to compute the necessary quantity depending on the concentration. Would litmus paper be sufficient for determining a safe ratio?
nikb

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 05:56:27 PM

How about if I use equal parts of HCl and NaOH instead?  Then I won't have to worry about toxic fumes, right?  If I got the amounts exactly right, it would even be safe to drink, wouldn't it?   Grin

You could just go take a swig of sea-water. Although, depending on where you live I supposed that might be more dangerous Wink
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:20:33 AM

Is there not an element of trust involved with every transaction on here? What about Casascius coins? Yes, e has more tools at his disposal to show that he's not recording keys, but still you're trusting him. If you guys don't want to buy them or trust me, that's fine. I've sold and will continue to sell these in the regular marketplace, BitMit, and eBay.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:22:03 AM

Hell, even if he didn't save the document used to print this so called "bill", he could easily reconstruct the entire thing from the printer spool queue and just grab the coins as soon as someone loads the bill.
Have I ever wronged you? You seem to post something critical in every thread I start. Don't you have anything better to do?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:24:30 AM

I am helping you grow into a better business person by pointing out the obvious flaws in your plans. Actually I should start charging for that service. Adress is in the sig.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:27:27 AM

Just use Armory.  Make your own paper wallet (backup).

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:33:52 AM

I'm not here to record keys. If you guys are worried about that its understandable. What I'm selling are bills on high quality paper with a custom design. If you want I can print your design, leave two boxes empty (for key and address), give you the location on the bill to place them (in a word doc or something), you put em in your printer, generate your own keys and addresses, turn them into QR codes, place and print. And I'll send along with them 5 security scratch offs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: