Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:09:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People are really doubting Wright's claims about being Satoshi  (Read 1520 times)
NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:36:43 PM

If this fraud is willing to sign various message for  these  lying media mobs, brag about who he's satoshi, why wouldn't he login to his account on Bitcointalk (create a new one if needed) and sign various messages for us to verify? — if the secret is out, all he has to do is sign this opinion that I've posted,  adding “My name is Wright, and I I'm Satoshi" — as a text.

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
popovicbit

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:39:41 PM

The real Satoshi could just send a message saying he is not Craig.

This actually might happen the more I think about it. If Craig is not the real Satoshi, then the real Satoshi might want to dispel these rumors before it goes too far.

"They" say the real Satoshi died in 2013.

Who is Satoshi? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Gavin tell it, anybody could have worked for Satoshi. You never knew. That was his power.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:40:05 PM

I think Craig Wright realized he could seize the moment and proclaim himself to be the real Satoshi Nakamoto because no one else was willing to do so at the time. It's quick and easy fame for him now that the whole world thinks he is legit and it will be kinda hard to disprove his claims until 'the real' Satoshi Nakamoto shows up and provides solid proof about his/her identity. I don't understand why some of the Bitcoin devs and experts haven't already volunteered to validate the evidence if we, the average joes of the Bitcoin community, don't believe a thing at all.
IluhaHA

Activity: 183
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:41:03 PM

theres no way everyone in my country knows putin is satoshi
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4437

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:41:50 PM

I think Craig Wright realized he could seize the moment and proclaim himself to be the real Satoshi Nakamoto because no one else was willing to do so at the time. It's quick and easy fame for him now that the whole world thinks he is legit and it will be kinda hard to disprove his claims until 'the real' Satoshi Nakamoto shows up and provides solid proof about his/her identity. I don't understand why some of the Bitcoin devs and experts haven't already volunteered to validate the evidence if we, the average joes of the Bitcoin community, don't believe a thing at all.

the evidence has been checked, and found as false evidence that does not prove craig is special (in short, craig  is NOT satoshi)

what are you missing?.. well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hflr3/craig_wrights_signature_is_worthless/

here it is explained better

Find first transaction by Satoshi in 2009 :
https://blockchain.info/tx/828ef3b079f9c23829c56fe86e85b4a69d9e06e5b54ea597eef5fb3ffef509fe?show_adv=true

Convert inputscript from hex:
3045022100c12a7d54972f26d14cb311339b5122f8c187417dde1e8efb6841f55c34220ae002206 6632c5cd4161efa3a2837764eee9eb84975dd54c2de2865e9752585c53e7cce

to base64
MEUCIQDBKn1Uly8m0UyzETObUSL4wYdBfd4ejvtoQfVcNCIK4AIgZmMsXNQWHvo6KDd2Tu6euEl13VT C3ihl6XUlhcU+fM4=

(thats it, you done pretty much the only thing that craig done)

this is a 7 year old signature of the transaction encrypted using the private key for: 12cbQLTFMXRnSzktFkuoG3eHoMeFtpTu3S 7 years ago
emphasis: the data is the transaction data(not a personal message).. that is 7 years old!! and publicly available

if he was to sign a message today! the signature, even when signed with the same private key would be completely different
emphasis: signing "my name is bob" would result in a different signature than "My Name Is Bob" even when both messages are signed with the same private key.

so if you see him display:
MEUCIQDBKn1Uly8m0UyzETObUSL4wYdBfd4ejvtoQfVcNCIK4AIgZmMsXNQWHvo6KDd2Tu6euEl13VT C3ihl6XUlhcU+fM4=

he is not signing anything new. he is just literally copying and pasting a 7 year old message(tx) that was signed 7years ago

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:47:27 PM

This actually might happen the more I think about it. If Craig is not the real Satoshi, then the real Satoshi might want to dispel these rumors before it goes too far.

It won't happen. There would be no empathy for Dr. Wright like there was for Dorian. In fact, he would serve the interests of the "real" Satoshi well.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and go on record as saying that I believe Craig Wright could well be Satoshi - OK, is Satoshi. Not that my opinion or conjecture matters one way or the other, but there it is nonetheless. I think the Sartre reference was the start of it for me, turning down the Nobel Prize for lit. He said art isn't a competition. Most people would give their left arm to even be nominated - but he turned it down.
  Anyhow, the degree in Theology, the autodidactic (and academic) eclecticism, the London/England connection, the massive amounts of BTC shifted early on, the diffidence around going public with proof to anyone beyond Gavin Andresen, Gavins belief in his authenticity. And even the way he came across in the BBC interview - which he rather strongly avowed would be his first and last.

Maybe I want it to be him. Maybe I don't give a shite who the real Satoshi is. Jesus, half the time I'm not even sure who the real practicaldreamer is. Just a feeling about this one, a hunch. Of course, tangible proof would be conclusive, but it might well be that all we ever have to go on is circumstantial.
Perhaps circumstantial suits Craig Wright just fine.
popovicbit

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:54:10 PM

It won't happen. There would be no empathy for Dr. Wright like there was for Dorian. In fact, he would serve the interests of the "real" Satoshi well.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and go on record as saying that I believe Craig Wright could well be Satoshi - OK, is Satoshi. Not that my opinion or conjecture matters one way or the other, but there it is nonetheless. I think the Sartre reference was the start of it for me, turning down the Nobel Prize for lit. He said art isn't a competition. Most people would give their left arm to even be nominated - but he turned it down.
  Anyhow, the degree in Theology, the autodidactic (and academic) eclecticism, the London/England connection, the massive amounts of BTC shifted early on, the diffidence around going public with proof to anyone beyond Gavin Andresen, Gavins belief in his authenticity. And even the way he came across in the BBC interview - which he rather strongly avowed would be his first and last.

Maybe I want it to be him. Maybe I don't give a shite who the real Satoshi is. Jesus, half the time I'm not even sure who the real practicaldreamer is. Just a feeling about this one, a hunch. Of course, tangible proof would be conclusive, but it might well be that all we ever have to go on is circumstantial.
Perhaps circumstantial suits Craig Wright just fine.

Interesting view on things. Why come out now though?
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:55:29 PM

FYI I am actually Vladimir Putin

~CfA~

EvanFaggart (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 07:01:16 PM

Agreed.
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1122

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:33:22 PM

I said it before and i will say it again. he is not satoshi he is truing to force satoshi out.

It won't work.

Satoshi responded to Dorian Nakamoto's trouble when Dorian, through no fault of his own, was mistaken for Satoshi.

There is no way in hell he'll respond to Wright.  Wright opened his own mouth and deserves whatever he gets.  Satoshi has no moral obligation whatsoever to come to his rescue.

The best case for Wright is if nobody believes him.  Luckily for him that's also most likely.

There's a chance the Australian government will believe him, and then gently remind him that he owes AUD$hundreds of millions in taxes.  Whereupon he'll put a lot of effort into trying to prove he's NOT Satoshi.

And if he and his family and everyone he cares about are really unlucky, the mobsters will believe him, and carry out their usual demands via kidnapping, torture, extortion, etc.  Less efficient than government, but essentially the same, really.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:38:50 PM

Well what was the point of all this fake Satoshi stuff once again? Is Craig Wright looking to bring the price up or down? What is he going to gain for himself by claiming to be the real Satoshi and can he be prosecuted for submitting misleading information? I guess free publicity for Bitcoin is not a bad thing after all as this news has been broadcasted around the world to a lot of people.

Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1122

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:44:27 PM

I don't know Craig Wright; I don't know what kind of person he is, what motivates him.

That said, if he expects to be believed FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AT MOST, he could be looking to make a bit of money on a dip in price/buying opportunity while people believe the lie, followed by a recovery/selling opportunity when people figure out he was lying. 

mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:51:36 PM

my  vote is  (not satoshi)    fraud.
Klestin

Activity: 493

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:16:03 PM

The evidence as presented does not prove that Wright is Satoshi.  It also does not prove that he is not Satoshi.  It is simply nonsense.  All it proves is that either a) Gavin was fooled, or b) Gavin believes the rest of us are idiots.  Any time you let a potential charlatan control the conversation, the danger is that you fall in line with their thought path and do not apply objective critical analysis.  The fact that Gavin met in person with Wright would tend to support that as a possibility.

It would be nice to see Gavin make some sort of comment on the series of analyses that have been made that prove Wright's offered evidence is absolutely fake.  Is there additional (real) evidence that only Gavin saw?  If so, why publicize the fake "evidence"?

Gavin's a smart guy.  Even smart guys make mistakes. If this was a mistake, it's a doozy, but the opportunity remains to come out and admit he was fooled.  The longer he waits, the more the conspiracy theorists will clamor that he's trying to use Wright to wedge in a block size increase.  I don't subscribe to that theory, yet.

So come on Gavin, real proof or retract your endorsement. Sooner rather than later please.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:02:57 PM

Given that Wright's blog post "proof" was garbage, at this point the whole thing hinges on Gaven's public assessment (anyone heard from Jon Matonis today?). And that's a lousy position for Gaven to be in. Maybe he was fooled. Maybe he is in cahoots with Wright. But without some public proof that is not dependent on us trusting a 3rd party (wasn't that the whole point of bitcoin???), Wright's claim is going to be dismissed.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:20:48 PM

I think its logical that they are thinking what the hell this guy is talking because I honestly believe he is but a lot of people do not.
There is a chance he is lying of course but we prove it no, not really.
EvanFaggart (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:58:56 PM

Well what was the point of all this fake Satoshi stuff once again? Is Craig Wright looking to bring the price up or down? What is he going to gain for himself by claiming to be the real Satoshi and can he be prosecuted for submitting misleading information? I guess free publicity for Bitcoin is not a bad thing after all as this news has been broadcasted around the world to a lot of people.

Attention. Wright is one weird guy.
CryptoYeti

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:44:28 AM

As simplistic as your answer may seem, it could simply be this in the end, greed. Knowing ahead of time this would cause the price of BTC to fall, and also knowing ahead of time exactly when the blog post and corresponding media releases would be published, one could make an argument that people in the know could take advantage of an excellent shorting opportunity. Though I think they may have expected the price to fall further than the $20 or so dollars it did, if you had access to enough capital and shorted several thousand BTC expecting even a $50 decline you would stand to make a nice profit. Crazy theory, but no more so than everything else we have seen today.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: