Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitClub's fake offer to return fee blunder  (Read 3663 times)
Blinken (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:04:02 PM

Just to update everybody without having to read the links in the thread...

The "personage" who announced the mistaken transfer turns out to be operating a pyramid scheme of some sort and the announcement appears to be an attempt to generate publicity for the pyramid scheme. There is zero evidence that they have either returned the coins or "donated them to charity" (LOL).

So, as far as I am concerned the whole "we will send them to whoever 'verifies their identity'" thing was just a bullshit lie from the beginning, and my initial assessment that the party involved was sleazy turns out to have been an accurate assessment.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:45:33 AM

Just to update everybody without having to read the links in the thread...

The "personage" who announced the mistaken transfer turns out to be operating a pyramid scheme of some sort and the announcement appears to be an attempt to generate publicity for the pyramid scheme. There is zero evidence that they have either returned the coins or "donated them to charity" (LOL).

So, as far as I am concerned the whole "we will send them to whoever 'verifies their identity'" thing was just a bullshit lie from the beginning, and my initial assessment that the party involved was sleazy turns out to have been an accurate assessment.

What are you  talking about? Are you saying the miners who received the fee did not donate half of it to the Bitcoin Foundation as reported?

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-foundation-donation-mining-pool/

Then care to explain this transaction? https://blockchain.info/address/13jZA8YSVvDS3EKjs2jhPwrt6d1fqS6nRA

If you are going to claim to have the whole story, at least post some links. Don't expect anyone to take your word for it. And you might want to tell Coindesk if you think they got  their story wrong.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: