Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:26:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A unique way to get 0.01 btc  (Read 777 times)
rigar (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 02:38:13 PM

i really doubt about how site will be able to pay 0.01 btc to winners as they are not taking anything for votes. I really doubt they will continue to pay for longer period.

What do you mean not taking anything for votes ?
Anyhow, the prize is guaranteed due to the fact that there will be 11 participants at all times. The event closes when all participants have voted after which the prize is paid to the person with the most votes. All votes are anonymous but each participant can see how many votes they received in their account details.

Or did you imply that the price is too high ?

And what's the assurance that you wont run away with the pot? Either utilize an escrow, or well, might as well call it quits now.

Do you have any assurance from any gambling site (bitcoin) that they won't run off with the money ?
Seriously, if i would it wouldn't last for long and i don't think one can make a lot of money from such a scam at all. From my point of view the few bitcoins you could make before it collapses would take months to build up. Well, knowing that it's kinda silly to assume i could make a fortune from it since people stop participating if there are no pay outs, and that won't take months. So no, it's no scam.

Well, there were many gambling sites which ran away with the funds hence why now many are cautious and only utilize those sites which are trustworthy. When you browse the scam accusation board lately, you'd notice an influx of reports from sites which arent paying out properly. I'm not putting you down or anything, its just that its not the first time we've had a lottery based site here. Hint: most of them didn't survive long enough due to the lack of participants.

That's exactly why i started this. I myself got scammed many times allready but fortunaly i am wise enough to not take any big risks myself. There are indeed a growing number of scam sites. As part of my research i try to filter out the most trustworthy sites and add them to my website.
And for the lack of participants, well i don't mind if it will work or not if it's up to me i just keep it up till the end (whenever that is).
Also i intend to extend it much further but since i'm working solo it will take some time to realise my ideas. For example: i want to add a gift option to the contest so that user can donate credits to each other and/or to invite new players.

I must say that in the short time this topic is active i allready learned that i have to change quite a bit. I appreciate all comments and i will use it to improve my work.

ps: i don't think this belongs in the gambling section because the contest involves a democratic voting system and not a randomizer to select a winner. This is also why this is legal in my country.
rigar (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 02:45:10 PM

hmmm for me, nothing is free for lunch, and its quietly suspicious about unique way to get 0.01

why you dont explain here?

To be honest i had no idea what name i should use as subject so the first thing in my mind was the one there is now.
Sorry if this mislead you in some way, but it would be more suspiscious if i would change it i think.
And indeed, nothing is free in life except for one thing : registration is free.

yes, registration is free. i mean, why you dont explain not all of the sites work, but its only global explaining of the site and the programs so we can understand. its just my opinion, i am sorry if this is not right.

Ah sorry, i misunderstood you. Well, to be honest, i am lazy at times. One of things that suffers most from that is the creation of boring html code. Currently i am caught up between two projects so there is a lack of info at the moment. But i will be changing that in the comming days. The whole idea is still in beta test so it might change a lot in the end.
Thank you for taking the time to read this all btw Smiley
rigar (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 03:21:19 PM

each credit costs btc 0001 and are 10 credits.
have credits limit each person can buy?

from what I understand are 11 people who vote at each other

or be kind to if someone has 7 friends and those 7 friends buy credits they can vote for each other, so only 7 friends will be the winners

What ensures that you will not cheat?

There is no limit on how many credits you can buy but there is a limit of 10 credits per purchase. This is to avoid overspending in relation to the transaction fees.

And yes as you mention you can make your friends and your friends can make you happy. In case there are more then one winner then the prize is divided amongst them, which is at least twice as much as what was deposited.

There are several ways that are possible to crosscheck if i cheated :
- you can group up with 10 friends and let them participate and then see how it resolves
- you can create 11 accounts from which you participate and see how it resolves
or
- you can use coingate to verify all payments but this requires you to have an account there

Anyhow, there can never be 100% proof of honesty so it's eventually a matter of trust. But bare in mind that if i would be a scammer then this setup wouldn't deliver me dozens of BTC, it would take months to even get some bitcoins and by that time people would surely not come to my site again.
On the mainpage of my website there are links to sites which i learned are trustworthy in the sense that they paid out at least twice on my behalf. Perhaps that helps a bit with the trustlevel.
There is also a live shoutbox on my site which visitors can use and the least thing i want to see there are complaints about my integrity.
supermoney
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:50:23 AM

You should seriously consider the ads as passive revenue, take care ciao  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: