Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:45:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin rings  (Read 7460 times)
innervisi0nn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 10:52:30 PM

def interested in 3! let me know!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:48:11 AM

I love it, really cool!  We need more real world trade like this.

You should also put these rings up on forbitcoin.com (pm me if you want me to adjust the price, currently we only accept 0.1, 0.2, 0.5 and 1 bitcoin gigs, but I can manually put the price up for you).

Awesome work!

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
goebat (OP)

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 03:59:35 PM

Thought I'd post a render of the redesigned ring - let me know what you think!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/137/bitcoinringredesign.jpg/

@ innervisi0nn: You want three? Awesome! - let me know what you think of the redesign.

@ darbsllim: Glad you like them Smiley  I've been to your site before - really cool.

I don't think I'll be doing more stainless steel rings - the plan was always to do them in sterling silver - these 3 were just to test the waters.  I'm a little worried it turns out not to be cost effective in sterling - shapeways charges $40 for the first cubic centimeter and $20 for each additional cc, and another $10 for polishing- so these could potentially be really pricey (they are quite chunky).  But you early adopters can afford it, right?   Grin

Cheers all.

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
heavyb

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 12:52:14 PM

these are really cool man. Im stoked for you! Great work! How much are they going for? Do you do ring sizes yet?

Thanks!

goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 01:07:42 PM

Thanks heavyb, I appreciate the compliments.  I've not uploaded the new model to shapeways yet (still finishing it off) so I can't comment on the price.  They have a system that should allow for me to do custom sizes, but the default size is going to be 20mm diameter.

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
heavyb

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 06:12:53 PM

looking forward to hearing!

kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 09:49:48 PM

I'm interested in a sterling silver pinky ring, depending on the price.  Let me know when you get that figured out.
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 11:05:46 AM

@ kgo: Certainly!

Right - I've uploaded the new model and ordered one in sterling to make sure all is good with the design - should take about 2 weeks to arrive.  By then I'll have set up the custom size functionality and have the ring up for sale on shapeways.  If you want to buy in bitcoin you can PM me here and I'll put together a special package - the ring, hand polished in a ring box.  I'll put an actual btc value on it closer to the time.

I'll post in here once I'm ready to start taking orders.

Once again, thanks to you all for your support - it's been very encouraging.

My Shapeways shop
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 01:26:40 PM

Hi,

I've just posted an update in a new thread as this one seems to have been made obsolete.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26194.0

Cheers!

My Shapeways shop
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: