Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:51:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MNM][LAUNCHED] MINEUM |x13| PoW STARTED  (Read 153243 times)
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:49:20 AM

Hi there MNMers all payouts have been send if there's a problem contact  MDUBE in the MINEUM slack.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waltonvani

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 10:12:38 AM

Good job. It will help this coin rocket into the sky. That's good thing Dev needs to do for this project.
Just bought some coins for dividend payment.

Minexcoin — A new era of payments || ICO || DISCUSSION
ene1980

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 11:39:37 AM

The Vote is now online ! Please give us your thoughts and follow the discussion here : https://forum.mineum.org/t/proposal-for-a-change-from-dividend-payments-to-buyback-program/53/
antho281 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:14:26 PM

coinmenace

Activity: 882

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:49:44 PM

The Vote is now online ! Please give us your thoughts and follow the discussion here : https://forum.mineum.org/t/proposal-for-a-change-from-dividend-payments-to-buyback-program/53/

What was the result of the previous voting?
ene1980

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:58:09 PM

What was the result of the previous voting?

https://forum.mineum.org/t/vote-about-the-future-of-mnm-token/39/12?u=ene
coinmenace

Activity: 882

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:44:59 AM

Didn't option 2 got to win the votes? So the results from the previous voting are null and void?
KawaBunGa

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:38:03 AM

And what happens with those MNM's that have been bought on exchange? I mean, if the majority votes for the buyback program?
yosir

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:18:51 AM

I hate to be "that" person but it kind of... smart.

1) Make an ICO
2) Return "dividends" of like 10% a year while all market went up hundreds percent.
3) Because of this your coin WAY bellow ICO price as it not attractive at all.
4) Now you buy back at 3/4 of price (not sure about the number, more or less) because of the HOLDERS demand from "profits", artificially inflating it's value as there is no real value which derives from miserable dividends, that also gonna disappear because of buyback, so nobody really will buy it Smiley))  Even reaching ICO price will be "success".
5) You keep the operation, got almost nothing to pay to holders, got almost free funding. PROFIT.

the sad thing is that I am also a "big investor" here :/
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:41:18 AM

1) Make an ICO
2) Return "dividends" of like 10% a year while all market went up hundreds percent.
4) Now you buy back at 3/4 of price (not sure about the number, more or less) because of the HOLDERS demand from "profits", artificially inflating it's value as there is no real value which derives from miserable dividends, that also gonna disappear because of buyback, so nobody really will buy it Smiley))  Even reaching ICO price will be "success".
5) You keep the operation, got almost nothing to pay to holders, got almost free funding. PROFIT.

I hate to tell that, but I agree with this post :-( !
And I am also a "big investor" here !

The only way to increase the value of MNM is to distribute more dividends : it is unlikely that ICO funds will yield as few btc in mining.

Redeem the MNMs with the dividends of people who have already bought them, it is not honest.

The buywall is a scam: me alone I have enough MNMs to make it collapse and I'm not the only one (I'm not saying I would). This buywall will be used only to refund the funds invested in the ICO by 2, 3 ou 4 people...
KawaBunGa

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:30:09 AM

1) Make an ICO
4) Now you buy back at 3/4 of price (not sure about the number, more or less) because of the HOLDERS demand from "profits", artificially inflating it's value as there is no real value which derives from miserable dividends, that also gonna disappear because of buyback, so nobody really will buy it Smiley))  Even reaching ICO price will be "success".

Well, actually, it's more like 2/3 of the ICO price right now, if we're talking about price in BTC. In fiat it's it's like twice as high as ICO price, but I don't consider it a success either. I've always been really supportive of this project, despite low dividends and stuff, but I think you have an interesting opinion and I'd like to hear from the team about that.  
Kazadar

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:28:11 PM

If you look at the expected ROI for mining equipment, I think the returns are reasonable.
ROI for a mining rig is usually about 12 months not including any location costs.
The mineum team raised about $60,000 and is currently paying about $5000 in dividends each month, giving it a ROI of 12 months.

Keeping your BTC would have been a better investment, but your ROI is what you would expect from mining.

KawaBunGa

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:00:35 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 01:15:29 PM by KawaBunGa

If you look at the expected ROI for mining equipment, I think the returns are reasonable.
ROI for a mining rig is usually about 12 months not including any location costs.
The mineum team raised about $60,000 and is currently paying about $5000 in dividends each month, giving it a ROI of 12 months.

Keeping your BTC would have been a better investment, but your ROI is what you would expect from mining.

If you were right, I would've had almost all the money invested in this project back by this moment, because it's been almost a year since ICO took place. But I'm not even close. Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna FUD and stuff, I just care about this project and my investment. Honestly, I didn't consider it as very promising from the very beginning, I just thought it was interesting enough and I wanted to support it. But at the end of the day, who doesn't wanna make more money?
ZenFr
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:05:28 PM

Be carreful : your numbers are totally false.

Right numbers are :
ICO average price : 3002 sats (source : ANtho281)
Dividends from the first day to today, per MNMs (2016-july -> 2017-march = 9 months) : 236 sats, then an average of 236/9 = 26,22 sats/month
For a 12 months ROI, dividends should be 3002/12 = 250,17 sats/month
Real numbers are 10 times less !
And the real ROI is 3002/26,22 = 114,49 months = 9,54 years !!!

The performance of this mining farm is a disaster.
Even me I do much better with my little miners and a price of electricity 3 times more expensive.

Please, do your calculations accurately and with the real numbers.
And do not mislead others.
yosir

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:26:54 PM

You are right. According to your numbers about rigs, our ROI is... at least 2 years (50% go to owners) and this not including additional costs while according to dividends it more like 7-8 YEARS in best case only to get "invested" money back. Because of this I don't understand all this voting and and buy back "strategies" that don't have anything behind them.
*This are cold numbers which make sense to me and I think that had to be obvious to owners at the ICO time.

The only problem in your calculation is selective use of bitcoin rate for ICO and dividents.
If you want to talk in BTC, talk about BTC - raised 117 , monthly dividend to ICO participants - 1.6 ( without 51% that you count in)
If you want to talk in USD at current conversion rate... do it... but to say raised 60000 with 5000 return including owners share is bit misleading for my opinion.

This simply looks like nicely decorated dead coin but I will be exciting to be wrong. Just don't like all this fuss about nothing.
antho281 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:29:13 PM

1) Make an ICO

We did a vote a few weeks (https://forum.mineum.org/t/vote-about-the-future-of-mnm-token/39) about that case.
The community voted to keep it as it is.

But let stand on facts. When you invest into a mining operation company, you can't think that 100% will be invested into GPUs. You have motherboard, Power supply, RAM, CPU, risers and much more components to buy to mine. Then, you have to eliminate all the heat you are currently dealing with. That says you need to SPEND in order to evacuate everything and keep the farm at 20-25C. But the worst part is about the electricity. The rates are low, but you need to install everything to fit in, breakers, cables/wires, transfos, etc and that cost a lot.
This is exactly why we suggest to get 100% of the ICO into mining gear which would only include GPUs + Support components such as MB/RAM/PSU/RISERS/SSD/CPU, but it was not selected.

We work hard to deliver a lot of stuff and keep everything up and running.
We realized that the monthly return was not as high as we esperated due to many reasons including the BTC inflation. There's a neat progression of our payment, but the increasing price of the BTC make it almost impossible to see it in the amoun itself.

Right numbers are :
Dividends from the first day to today, per MNMs (2016-july -> 2017-march = 9 months) : 236 sats, then an average of 236/9 = 26,22 sats/month

Even me I do much better with my little miners and a price of electricity 3 times more expensive.

Well... that's not the way you can calculated an ROI .. since you already / still hold the coins...
That says, from the beginning, we sent a total of ~23.9 BTC. At current rate, it represent 37 379,60 USD$. From the ICO we earned about 55 000$ USD. That says, we have sent 68% of what we collected in less than a year.
Now, what you did with your own BTCs, is your choice. But do not forget that we have bills to pay and many other improvement that we had to pay to make that mining operation possible.
yosir

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:51:27 PM

1) Make an ICO

We did a vote a few weeks (https://forum.mineum.org/t/vote-about-the-future-of-mnm-token/39) about that case.
The community voted to keep it as it is.

But let stand on facts. When you invest into a mining operation company, you can't think that 100% will be invested into GPUs. You have motherboard, Power supply, RAM, CPU, risers and much more components to buy to mine. Then, you have to eliminate all the heat you are currently dealing with. That says you need to SPEND in order to evacuate everything and keep the farm at 20-25C. But the worst part is about the electricity. The rates are low, but you need to install everything to fit in, breakers, cables/wires, transfos, etc and that cost a lot.
This is exactly why we suggest to get 100% of the ICO into mining gear which would only include GPUs + Support components such as MB/RAM/PSU/RISERS/SSD/CPU, but it was not selected.

We work hard to deliver a lot of stuff and keep everything up and running.
We realized that the monthly return was not as high as we esperated due to many reasons including the BTC inflation. There's a neat progression of our payment, but the increasing price of the BTC make it almost impossible to see it in the amoun itself.

Right numbers are :

Well... that's not the way you can calculated an ROI .. since you already / still hold the coins...
That says, from the beginning, we sent a total of ~23.9 BTC. At current rate, it represent 37 379,60 USD$. From the ICO we earned about 55 000$ USD. That says, we have sent 68% of what we collected in less than a year.
Now, what you did with your own BTCs, is your choice. But do not forget that we have bills to pay and many other improvement that we had to pay to make that mining operation possible.

People that vote not always understand the result of their voting.
I do believe that you work hard and have additional costs but this is irrelevant to actual dividends we receive.
Each one indeed responsible for his choices and his investments.
Coins for now are worth almost nothing and will cost even less not because I negative but simply because it's look like part in failed investment ( I call one with crazy optimistic 2 years ROI )

After that being said...

One last question before I leave this subject as it's pretty pointless (just to understand if it was planned long before).
What dividends you hoped to "produce" (when you "sold" this ICO to people) after an year and in which scenario? And why you have not succeeded to do so?

*BTC's price is irrelevant as many coins that you could mine such as Ethereum made *3 and more over BTC that only supposed to make return larger

This is not FUD but voicing my opinion and I will gladly "eat my hat" if I mistaken.
antho281 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:02:46 PM

People that vote not always understand the result of their voting.
I do believe that you work hard and have additional costs but this is irrelevant to actual dividends we receive.
Each one indeed responsible for his choices and his investments.
Coins for now are worth almost nothing and will cost even less not because I negative but simply because it's look like part in failed investment ( I call one with crazy optimistic 2 years ROI )

After that being said...

One last question before I leave this subject as it's pretty pointless (just to understand if it was planned long before).
What dividends you hoped to "produce" (when you "sold" this ICO to people) after an year and in which scenario? And why you have not succeeded to do so?

*BTC's price is irrelevant as many coins that you could mine such as Ethereum made *3 and more over BTC that only supposed to make return larger

This is not FUD but voicing my opinion and I will gladly "eat my hat" if I mistaken.

Well let's take that graph

Here you can see that difficulty raised for 50 to 350 in the last year. That says, with the same hash, we receive ~7 times less ETH today than we were last year. But price raised by 3 times. Can we esperate to get 7 times more returns monthly? Nope.
Mining is a complete different world with a lot of variable you don't necessarily have control on. If we kept the ETH we mined a while back and sell them today, you would have 25-40 BTCs today plus all the other coins we have mined., but holders voted for a monthly return so we basically need to sell them every month, even if the price is going down. We need to sell the coin no matter what.

From the beginning we wish we could get everything ROI in about a year, but many unplanned things happened out of our control.
By getting the MNM price at ICO, we give the possibility to our holder to get the same ROI as they would had if they kept holding only BTCs.
BTC price is the most relevant thing to consider when you are mining along with the difficulty.
ZenFr
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:07:05 PM

Right numbers are :

There is only way to calculate an ROI : Expenditure / income, in the same currency, off course and here this is Bitcoin, only Bitcoin.
During the ICO we have not buy our MNMs in $, $ CAD, RMB or €, but with Bitcoins.
And incomes are not in $, $ CAD $, RMB or €, but with Bitcoins.
ROI can only be calculate in Bitcoin !

If you use $ or CAD $..., you use the increase of the bitcoin for maskings a part of the Mineum disaster.
You know that I'm right and I am very disappointed that you use this type of trickery to try to deceive people: it is simply dishonest and it is not the Antho that I thought I knew

Yes, I do what I want with my Bitcoins, but you can not do what you want with those of the ICO and the least is to do everything to ensure profitability. For investors, we are very far: 9.5 years !
For my part, I was probably wrong to invest in Mineum.
antho281 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:18:07 PM

There is only way to calculate an ROI : Expenditure / income, in the same currency, off course and here this is Bitcoin, only Bitcoin.
During the ICO we have not buy our MNMs in $, $ CAD, RMB or €, but with Bitcoins.
And incomes are not in $, $ CAD $, RMB or €, but with Bitcoins.
ROI can only be calculate in Bitcoin !

If you use $ or CAD $..., you use the increase of the bitcoin for maskings a part of the Mineum disaster.
You know that I'm right and I am very disappointed that you use this type of trickery to try to deceive people: it is simply dishonest and it is not the Antho that I thought I knew

Yes, I do what I want with my Bitcoins, but you can not do what you want with those of the ICO and the least is to do everything to ensure profitability. For investors, we are very far: 9.5 years !
For my part, I was probably wrong to invest in Mineum.

Well our costs are in $CAD. Our margin MAINLY depends on Bitcoin fluctuation AND CAD/USD fluctuation.
While today a 3.5 BTC profits means 7 000 CAD, a year ago, 3.5 BTCs were ... 3 000 CAD maybe less?

If you were right I would had tell you. But now, you are stuck in the fact the MNM did not deliver the exact things as planned while we did, if you convert it in CAD. We said we would do about 7 BTC / month from the beginning. That 7 BTC worth 6 800 CAD$. We are at 6 500$ on the last payout in less than a year.

There's a lot of factor you must consider and all you are considering is the BTC as BTCs.
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: