Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:35:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lending on Poloniex  (Read 5295 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:37:21 PM

Looks like poloniex still halving an issue.. any update for the site.. because i am planning to start lend bitcoins in the lending option.. 1% percent daily..

Don't.Unlike other peer to peer exchanges ,poloniex barely believes in taking collateral from its members.Most of the loans are given on the basis of submitted documents which can be fake .ROI offered is very less ,plus there is no guarantee when the principal amount will be paid.Stick to BTCJam with trusted members.

This is such bad advice. No lender has lost money on Poloniex, but plenty have been scammed on BTCJam.

True. But in order for Polo rates to go up again, alts markets need to go green and stay green. Cause people lend coins to trade them expecting the price to rise. Very few people know how to short and make money. I dont think we ll see lots of alt green markets just before halving.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:10:52 PM

I'm using poloniex for trade as well as form lend a small amount. And i never had any problem with lending and as above mentioned, poloniex taking collateral from their users so even if the your loan taker has scammed you can still get your money back.
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:13:17 AM

I'm using poloniex for trade as well as form lend a small amount. And i never had any problem with lending and as above mentioned, poloniex taking collateral from their users so even if the your loan taker has scammed you can still get your money back.

To be honest, you as lender have no collateral if control over collateral have someone else  - here Poloniex.

Is this safe? Ask Karpeles.. Wink
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:51:56 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Polo s quite safe, they make a lot of money from their operations and the only real danger would be some form of hacking.

Zetminster

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:25:08 AM

Polo s quite safe, they make a lot of money from their operations and the only real danger would be some form of hacking.

Where can we find the financial report of Poloniex? I trade some coins there, but not sure if it is really safe.
Cantoner

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:45:41 PM

To be honest, you as lender have no collateral if control over collateral have someone else  - here Poloniex.

Well before you be able to get a loan you need to use the margin trade and put some coin into there,then when you get a loan you will know the interest you will have to pay ,and its a low fee,you cant withdraw the money out from poloniex soo you must invest it there soo i believe lending there is safe ,atleast your bitcoins will stay at the exchange and for my own experience i got paid for all lends i had there soo i cant complaint,the fee is very small and lower then here.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:06:12 PM

Where can we find the financial report of Poloniex? I trade some coins there, but not sure if it is really safe.

Just take a look at daily volumes and multiply that with their fees. Not to mention they take 15% fee from margin lending.

udet4food

Activity: 413

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:39:02 AM

Just take a look at daily volumes and multiply that with their fees. Not to mention they take 15% fee from margin lending.
Yep. ETH has 13500 BTC volume today. Multiply that by the trading fee (let's just say that polo charges 0.17% on average), they get 13000 BTC * 0.0017 * 365 days * $400 = 3.2 million dollars a year easily. And that's just from ETH!

But I wonder how much bitcoin poloniex have in their bitcoin addresses though. I'm just worried that they have enough money to say "We have 20 million dollars worth of bitcoin? K. We'll shut down the site and claim it was hacked. Ez $20 mil."
Cantoner

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 08:10:10 PM

Yep. ETH has 13500 BTC volume today. Multiply that by the trading fee (let's just say that polo charges 0.17% on average), they get 13000 BTC * 0.0017 * 365 days * $400 = 3.2 million dollars a year easily. And that's just from ETH!

But I wonder how much bitcoin poloniex have in their bitcoin addresses though. I'm just worried that they have enough money to say "We have 20 million dollars worth of bitcoin? K. We'll shut down the site and claim it was hacked. Ez $20 mil."

I doubt they only have 20 milion inside them,sure when the pump starts and i remember something around 50k bitcoins around just eth besides the others altcoins,big holders,whales sure they moove their coins in and out avoiding taking huge risk and if something happens to poloniex they had taked out their main porfolio,playing with profit just.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:00:00 AM

What about Kraken? I see they re also developing their margin trading platform.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 06:03:33 AM

Poloniex still the best in lending because you have 1% daily interest if you start lend your money there..
But i dont know right now if poloniex still active because i heard that many hackers are monitoring this site..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
alyssa85
Legendary

Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 10:26:33 AM

What about Kraken? I see they re also developing their margin trading platform.

They have margin trading but I don't think they have users lending. Instead the margin traders borrow from Kraken itself.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:50:49 AM

Poloniex still the best in lending because you have 1% daily interest if you start lend your money there..
But i dont know right now if poloniex still active because i heard that many hackers are monitoring this site..

Yeah apart from that i find it quit dangerous to lend my money to someone i don't know by name. Remember we don't now how strict poloniex is practicing their rules which makes it hard to dertermine how risky i tis
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:53:15 PM

I know that Poloniex is one from safest exchanges.. Kraken also.. Anyone know Bitmarket  Huh Or maybe even lending there?
jak1

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 04:38:19 PM

Its not total Save to invest at Poloniex. My friend have been using them for quite some time. To tell u the truth, current rates are not enough to cover the risk of potential default of the exchange. So Its better not to invest there. If not worth earning so less on the expense of your huge investment. So be careful.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:13:47 PM

What kind of drugs are you on? Where do u see 1% daily interest rate? This used to be the case long time ago.

Cantoner

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:26:51 PM

What kind of drugs are you on? Where do u see 1% daily interest rate? This used to be the case long time ago.

Those interest i had only see them when the pump at eth with over 40k of bitcoins happend and those lasted for a week 1% and 0.8% and i guess it had hitted even bigger but i werent online ,nowadays the interest is a lot less then those should be a minimum fee like those1% at the lending service,but knowing that poloniex taked measures to avoid people get loans and run away im happy to lend there.
Dentidan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:53:48 PM

Those interest i had only see them when the pump at eth with over 40k of bitcoins happend and those lasted for a week 1% and 0.8% and i guess it had hitted even bigger but i werent online ,nowadays the interest is a lot less then those should be a minimum fee like those1% at the lending service,but knowing that poloniex taked measures to avoid people get loans and run away im happy to lend there.

In the latest pump of the Etheruem, the interest rate in the Poloniex is just around 0.03%, mostly below that.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:08:16 PM

Its not total Save to invest at Poloniex. My friend have been using them for quite some time. To tell u the truth, current rates are not enough to cover the risk of potential default of the exchange. So Its better not to invest there. If not worth earning so less on the expense of your huge investment. So be careful.

I did inform myself on lending with their system, but when comparing the risks (which are quite high when it involves ANY form of margin trading)  vs the profit I decided it's better to let my spare btc be spare btc in my offline wallet.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Zetminster

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:36:18 AM

I did inform myself on lending with their system, but when comparing the risks (which are quite high when it involves ANY form of margin trading)  vs the profit I decided it's better to let my spare btc be spare btc in my offline wallet.

The daily interest for bitcoin is just 0.02% at the moment. If you do a small trading, the profit can be 1%.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: