Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accused of Scamming - Would like to clean my slate  (Read 742 times)
HiGHiMROB (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:21:35 PM

What do I need to do in order to remove my negative trust standings. I have never scammed nor posted about selling or holding btc. I use bitcointalk to keep up with primedice community and friends. I like to take part in competitions and giveaways although this negative is barring me from being apart of it. I got negative but as people can see the reference doesn't link to my account. One user I had contacted removed the neg, and there is no convincing the other user because he will not take my word for it. PLEASE HELP

http://prntscr.com/b0n5or
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:35:50 PM

What do I need to do in order to remove my negative trust standings. I have never scammed nor posted about selling or holding btc. I use bitcointalk to keep up with primedice community and friends. I like to take part in competitions and giveaways although this negative is barring me from being apart of it. I got negative but as people can see the reference doesn't link to my account. One user I had contacted removed the neg, and there is no convincing the other user because he will not take my word for it. PLEASE HELP

Not linked to your account but to you specifically. I would suggest you read the whole thread carefully as this is where you garnered your feedback.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 05:54:02 PM

You got a negative rating as you offered an escrow service.
!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

Hi,

Just wondering if you are offering an Escrow service as claimed here :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182097.0

Most will view a newbie with 3 posts all in the gambling section offering Escrow services as a scam waiting to happen.

Hello, and yes. This is correct.

[/quote]

But this was in September. Why are you talking about it now? You can participate in giveaways by just creating a new account but if you try to scam with it, it may be linked to your current account.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1468

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 05:58:49 PM

I got negative but as people can see the reference doesn't link to my account

Yes it is directly related to your account. BitcoinGB1106 tried to sell BTC for PayPal using you as escrow.
markj113 asked you to confirm whether BitcoinGB1106's claims were true and you confirmed here.
Or is that quoted message posted by him fake? I have much more reasons to believe him instead of you.

This means BitcoinGB1106 and you were colluding (or most probably are alts of each other) to make another user send their money to a newbie first. This is a big red flag which requires a warning on your account.

HiGHiMROB (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:31:49 PM

Granted Yes This happened back in September and it is affecting me now. I presume its really not important, yes I can create a new account. My morals are better then that. Bottom line is I was used. Never did I co-sign and agree upon on being an escrow holder. I know of the individual who in fact did use my account around those dates. At the same time he charged back on my paypal, changed my email password, deleted my facebook, and accessed my primedice account all because I wouldn't give him a loan. The unfairness is real, if anything I would like another chance, forgive me but don't forget me. I'm not trying to make a hassle and I see clearly I have no argument over concrete evidence.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 07:46:22 PM

Morals? To create a new account? OK! Cheesy

Well, it's not going to help you to get that negative removed and for a newbie account, it's not worth the trouble to prove that it wasn't you. Whether unfair or not, your account does hold a negative for valid reasons. You can prove if it was hacked by the user you know and who attempted to scam offering a fake escrow service but I doubt it would help anyways.

HiGHiMROB (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:03:59 PM

morals of thieving I mean  Undecided thanks for the input
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:04:23 PM

I know of the individual who in fact did use my account around those dates. At the same time he charged back on my paypal, changed my email password, deleted my facebook, and accessed my primedice account all because I wouldn't give him a loan.

How did the guy get all of those accounts from you in the first place?

And can someone link me the thread so that I can have a quick read?
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:08:40 PM

I know of the individual who in fact did use my account around those dates. At the same time he charged back on my paypal, changed my email password, deleted my facebook, and accessed my primedice account all because I wouldn't give him a loan.

How did the guy get all of those accounts from you in the first place?

And can someone link me the thread so that I can have a quick read?

Here is the thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182097.msg12439738#msg12439738 .The user is indirectly involved with a third party member but anyway the feedback is well given for 4 days old account offering escrow service.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █