Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:33:31 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Parents are murderers of their biological children.  (Read 1261 times)
Oldsport

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:02:09 AM

Life always leads to death.
Birth leads to life.
Conception leads to birth.
Parents are responsible for conception.

Ok.

Ergo parents are murderers of their biological children.
Pure logic.
Prove me wrong

There's an invisible fairy on your nose, prove me wrong. You can't, just like I cannot prove you wrong. However, I can provide pretty sound refutes to your argument.

Murder:

"Law. the killing of another human being...."

Killing:
"the act of a person or thing that kills."

Kills:
"to deprive of life in any manner; cause the death of; slay. "

Deprive: to remove or withhold something from the enjoyment or possession of (a person or persons): to deprive a man of life; to deprive a baby of candy.

Life:
"the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally."

What I understand from your argument:

Parents, by having sex give life which inevitably leads to death thus making them murderers.

Yes, you can argue that all life leads to death. However, when you state that parents are murderers you debunk your argument. Your argument assumes that the action of dying is what deprives someone from living. That is false. Death, like darkness to light, is the absence of life. It is the term used to describe the cessation of living. By having sex and conceiving parents give their children life BUT just because that child's life leads to death does not mean that parents are murderers of the child. In order for parents to "kill/murder" their child the life of the child has to be deprived; it must be removed or withheld. Death, is not the action of removing or withholding life. It is the result of a removed or withheld life.

flavius

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:28:13 AM

Life always leads to death. Birth leads to life. Conception leads to birth. Parents are responsible for conception. Ergo parents are murderers of their biological children.
Pure logic.
Prove me wrong
You can't kill someone that doesn't exist. If someone doesn't exist, does that make them dead (No)? But if you are dead, do you exist? Presumably no. I don't think murder is as plain a definition as it seems.

On a side note though, the majority of parents give their children tons of terrible influences.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
evccyr

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:43:19 PM

Life always leads to death. Birth leads to life. Conception leads to birth. Parents are responsible for conception. Ergo parents are murderers of their biological children.
Pure logic.
Prove me wrong

I don't need to prove you wrong - I just need to beat you over the head with a dictionary. Sheesh, the shit people will put their name to to get to 5 posts.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: