Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:31:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME MY ELECTRUM-WALLET IS SUDDENLY IN ONLY-WATCHING-MODUS?!... WHAT D  (Read 597 times)
hornyaut (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:44:36 AM

Hello my friends -.-
i just send a half abitcoin to my good known wallet called (default_wallet) I alredy paid a lot from that wallet but suddenly my computer did quit so i had to restart and when i opened electrum again my wallet was in a "watching-only-modus"?!... Can not explain how that could happen! Please can u tell me what i have to do to get back my coins or how i can send them away?!... I own my seed-phrase but not a master-key also i own the password and adress!

PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

MERCI AND THANK U VERY MUCH!
HORNYAUT
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:31:06 AM

Hello my friends -.-
i just send a half abitcoin to my good known wallet called (default_wallet) I alredy paid a lot from that wallet but suddenly my computer did quit so i had to restart and when i opened electrum again my wallet was in a "watching-only-modus"?!... Can not explain how that could happen! Please can u tell me what i have to do to get back my coins or how i can send them away?!... I own my seed-phrase but not a master-key also i own the password and adress!

PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

MERCI AND THANK U VERY MUCH!
HORNYAUT

First, how did your computer quit on you, a BSOD ? Electric Failure ? or other ?
Could you post the address that sent or received the 0.5 BTC ?
What happened here is that this wallet was restored with your master public key only, what you need to do is reinstall your electrum with your seed to regain your private keys.

Hope it will help.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 03:36:28 PM

.. I own my seed-phrase but not a master-key also i own the password and adress!

Relax, as long as you have the seed, your bitcoins are safe. Open your Electrum and go to File > New/Restore, Enter a new name for the wallet or let it be "Wallet_1" as it shows in the field, in the next window "What do you want to do", select "Restore a wallet or import keys", click "Next", enter your seed in the subsequent windows, click "Next" add password if you wish in the next window and click "OK" and your wallet should restore and your bitcoins will show up there.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████