Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would any of you be interested in joining a blockchain-powered organization?  (Read 695 times)
WouterGlorieux (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 08:02:27 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m writing this post to see if any of you would be willing to participate in an experiment.

I’m a programmer and about a week ago I released version 0.1 of my “Bitcoin Spellbook”, basicly its a bunch of Bitcoin tools that allow me to do some really cool things, for example automatically distribute bitcoins to many addresses in a single transaction (which will be the most important part of this experiment, if the experiment works you might get some bitcoins).

There are 2 tools I must explain first before I can continue:
- SimplifiedInputsList (SIL): this tool takes all transactions received by a bitcoin address en simplifies that into a list of address-value pairs, you can see a simple demo here: http://simplifiedinputslist.appspot.com/SIL?address=1NC8LqAB99bYM9wVoD2grdYMMZAhjwy57A&block=376000 (you can try it with any address that has received multiple transactions, this address is just one I used for testing, that is why all the addresses you will see are vanity addresses)

- DistributeBTC: this tool will automatically distribute all bitcoins sent to a special address to all the addresses in a SimplifiedInputsList , the amounts are proportional according to the values in the SIL. here is a demo using the same address as above: https://distributebtc.appspot.com/distributer?distributerID=5668600916475904 and a link to a transation so you can see my software actually works: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/981782dca7127f83245a54baefd69293c8c2ce91fb6b5aeaba66a1069f5d088b

I can do much more than that but it’s a lot of information, so if you want to learn more, take a look at my website www.valyrian.tech or this blogpost: https://medium.com/@wouterglorieux/the-bitcoin-spellbook-preface-ff0da3c7c377

Here is how the experiment would work:

At the core of this experiment would be an invite-only slack channel. To get access to this channel you would need to do 2 things:
1) Send a small amount of bitcoins to some “registration address”
2) Send an email with a message that is signed with the private key of your address (unless your name is Craig Wright this shouldn’t be a problem)

You would then receive an invite to the slack channel.

The second part of this experiment is that I would setup a “distributer address” but with the “registration address” as one of the parameters.

This would create a unique situation: everyone in the slack channel would have a common goal: to work together and somehow find a way so bitcoins are sent to the “distributer address”. Because each time they succeed in doing that, after 3 confirmations, they would all receive their fair share.

It would be up to the participants to decide amongst themselves how they want to achieve this by discussing their ideas in the slack channel, and if needed my “Bitcoin Spellbook” also contains a simple voting mechanism called Bitvoter that could be used, but this part is optional.

I don’t know what the group will come up with but as long as it is legal and morally acceptable, i don’t have a problem with it. If they can’t come up with ideas, I already have a few ideas myself.

There are also a few questions we would need to figure out first:
- How much should the minimum amount to join be? (should be enough so only people who plan to actively participate would be willing to pay but not to much), The bitcoins in this address could then also be used as seed money for whatever the group wants to do.

- Who should be in charge of the “registration address”? (this can be regular address or a multisig address)
Option 1: a regular address only I have the keys to (but this would require you all to trust me)
Option 2: a multisig address, we would need to decide who gets one of the keys ( I don’t necessarily have to be one of them)
Option 3: I could setup a regular address that automatically forwards to a multisig address, this way I could only screw you all over once (I won’t though)
I’m open to other suggestions

- Are there any other issues we need to discus first?

The main reason I created my “Bitcoin Spellbook” is to create some kind of organization without a hierarchy, so I wouldn’t be the boss, no one would be the boss, but instead every participant would be co-owner. My role in this experiment would be to administrate the slack channel, to set up “distributer addresses” if the group needs me to and to further develop my software.

It doesn’t matter what your skillset is, we would need all kinds of people: designers, marketers, developers, people with management skills or anyone who thinks they can offer some valuable contribution.

Before I actually start this experiment, I first want to know if there are enough people who would want to join so I’m not wasting my time.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:37:58 AM

There are already tools or say in build functions in wallets to send bitcoins to multiple addresses in single transaction.The first tools seems nice however it would be nice if you host on a stable server with a search bar like I can input any address the related transactions are shown.

2) Send an email with a message that is signed with the private key of your address (unless your name is Craig Wright this shouldn’t be a problem)

I see what you did there..
WouterGlorieux (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 11:32:13 AM

There are already tools or say in build functions in wallets to send bitcoins to multiple addresses in single transaction.The first tools seems nice however it would be nice if you host on a stable server with a search bar like I can input any address the related transactions are shown.

Yes, but then you have to enter all information manually. The beauty of my tools is that everything is automated. All someone would have to do to get their own address included in the distribution is to send a normal transaction to the "registration address", how much they sent compared to how much other people sent would determine how big their share is.

http://simplifiedinputslist.appspot.com/ does exactly what you are talking about, it has 2 inputfields: one for the address and one for a blockheight (the blockheight is optional, it shows the results at a specific moment in time, set to 0 for the most recent block)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: