Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services  (Read 805571 times)
likeBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:03:24 PM

I want to buy a ticket to Disneyland from a seller in another state. He is asking me to pay in PP. Is it safe for me to send first? What is the seller never delivers, or just ignores me, or sends me a fake ticket. Will paypal give me my money back if this happens?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PECULIUM First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

/ WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:14:40 PM

I want to buy a ticket to Disneyland from a seller in another state. He is asking me to pay in PP. Is it safe for me to send first? What is the seller never delivers, or just ignores me, or sends me a fake ticket. Will paypal give me my money back if this happens?
Why not buy it directly from Disney land's official site using approved payment method's?

likeBTC

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:29:11 PM

Why not buy it directly from Disney land's official site using approved payment method's?
It's way cheaper. Seller says cant visit because of an emergency.
What is my risk here?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PECULIUM First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:37:04 PM

Here is the risk:

...the seller never delivers, or just ignores me, or sends me a fake ticket....

If the seller is on this forum you can use an escrow.

sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:38:48 PM

It's way cheaper. Seller says cant visit because of an emergency.
What is my risk here?

How did you find the seller? Is it possible to use escrow? Maybe he sends you fake ticket or something and asks you to send payment to his temporary e-mail.
By the time you issue charge back he would have transferred funds out.

or maybe he is genuine and you don't have anything to worry about..

likeBTC

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 09:35:51 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 09:54:01 PM by likeBTC

How did you find the seller? Is it possible to use escrow? Maybe he sends you fake ticket or something and asks you to send payment to his temporary e-mail.
By the time you issue charge back he would have transferred funds out.
It was a Craigslist ad, can't use escrow.

I thought if chargeback happens, it doesn't matter if the funds have been already moved, it can still be reversed. My concern is, what if PP tells me that I am not eligible for a chargeback on this. I know PP will usually side the buyer that is me, but i just want to make sure i ask some experts here before i send money first.

asks you to send payment to his temporary e-mail.
Ticket owner has asked me to send using his paypal profile account. "www.paypal.me/xyz" .Should I send as a "goods" payment? or, sending as a gift like this is also very safe for me?

RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:21:02 AM

Ticket owner has asked me to send using his paypal profile account. "www.paypal.me/xyz" .Should I send as a "goods" payment? or, sending as a gift like this is also very safe for me?

Neither. Paypal disputes over a ticket are very hard to solve: usually "goods" sales which are very well described BEFORE the sale on websites like ebay and for which sellers can provide a delivery proof and detailed TOS for refunds..."may" be evaluated for a chargeback. If you have a not better defined "ad" over craiglist for something that could be a fake (like a ticket, a coupon etc)...i can see only troubles there.
If you send funds as a "gift", instead, you can say good bye to your money even before to open a dispute.

likeBTC

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:22:00 PM

Neither. Paypal disputes over a ticket are very hard to solve: usually "goods" sales which are very well described BEFORE the sale on websites like ebay and for which sellers can provide a delivery proof and detailed TOS for refunds..."may" be evaluated for a chargeback. If you have a not better defined "ad" over craiglist for something that could be a fake (like a ticket, a coupon etc)...i can see only troubles there.
If you send funds as a "gift", instead, you can say good bye to your money even before to open a dispute.

I purchased and sent USD as goods. lets see how it goes. I am the buyer so hope I am covered here if it doesn't work. It was worth taking the risk!

hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:35:47 AM

I purchased and sent USD as goods. lets see how it goes. I am the buyer so hope I am covered here if it doesn't work. It was worth taking the risk!

If you can deal with the risk, you can go with the  purchase but you heard what my fellow member told you cos you can loose your money in a snap of finger just like that.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:40:42 AM

I'm not quite sure why PayPal should be a risk for the buyer?
The buyer pays with paypal, and has 45 days to claim a chargeback against the seller - regardless of whether he actually received the coins or not.
So this is a clear risk for the seller, but the buyer has nothing to lose ?!

I understand what you mean now. Nevertheless, all this is not best suitor for trading and there must a trustworthy company or site where man can buy and sell btc thru paypal payment, isn't it?

We are a currency exchange that works with paypal, we have been around since 2012 and just re-launched our website and services. Smiley

Smiley That's good to hear but what's your company name and can you post the company website so myself and the intelligent people in this forum can see to it.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
econtact

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:18:52 AM

What about skrill? Is it a safer option than paypal..
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2215

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 10:53:37 AM

You might want to phone Disney and ask them what their policy on scalping tickets is, regardless of whether or not the ticket is being offered at, above or indeed below cost.  If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 07:19:44 PM

What about skrill? Is it a safer option than paypal..

Skrill is better than PayPal but still users can chargeback if the funds are uploaded via CCs or stolen cards. Also, they can hack Skrill accounts and send you funds. You need to trade only with a trusted user when using Skrill as a payment method.

P.S: Would like to mention about Indian wallets like Paytm, Mobikwik, Citrus and so on. These wallets too are unsafe and users can send fraudulent funds via them and I've lost my 0.15 BTC due to this. It's similar to sending money via hacked bank accounts. So again there are barely any payment processors here that are non-reversible and safe to use.

lukas82

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:18:41 PM

anyone can tell me different between Bank transfers and wire transfers ? why wire transfers is safe ?
isrory

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:17:09 PM

Hi guys, i have 5 ebay gift card, how can i exchange for BTC? im now in this forum so no one will do it.
If someone have rep ill go first you can check the gift on ebay's website.
Mexicantrader

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:07:58 PM

anyone can tell me different between Bank transfers and wire transfers ? why wire transfers is safe ?

the wire transfer is like send it for posting service... 

check this for more info...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_transfer

i think that if someone newbie or not want make some bussines and win some money here it have to be legit, only if he wants make money, because if start cheating and gaining red flags and bad comments, maybe you can cheat one or two times but, feventually with the red flags the bussines will end, but if you want gain money, you have to win green comments always.

i know, some times in a deal the client isnt happy and can mark us red but no all the time, and all the people...

what you think my friends?

Cheers
sahos

Activity: 220

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:27:25 AM

Is paypal personal payment unsafe
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 11:07:06 AM

Is paypal personal payment unsafe

Any kind of paypal payments can be chargedback. They have mentioned that in their TOS. Even Echecks can be chargedback.

Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:47:55 AM

Can you get chargebacked scammed with Skrill?

I want to start trading Cheesy
sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 09:59:19 AM

Can you get chargebacked scammed with Skrill?

I want to start trading Cheesy
Yes, you can.
Anything that's funded by credit card can be charged back.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: