Bitcoin Forum
September 18, 2018, 02:34:21 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services  (Read 305221 times)
HukoJla

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 08:27:34 AM

I hope that people take more caution on their trades with MyCash . It's really not that secure and that safe you know .
Some SEing (Social Engineering) on your Credit Card providers is more then enough to get a refund on your MyCash and this may mean getting MyCash Canceled . (And of course this only happens if the guy bought using a Credit card).
Do you mind updating the list with more Payment methods now theymos ? thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Einax Airdrops and Bounties made easy! List your ERC-20 token
FREE
ETH markets launching soon!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mazarin07

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:13:01 AM

Beware of PayPal?
Maybe scammers must beware of Paypal, because PP is a safe money transfer platform, where the buyer can get back his/her money if the seller didn't deliver as promised. Surely, I can understand that those who want to fish in troubled water try to avoid this service.
jordi_crypto

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:13:43 PM

Paypal is total rip off if you ask me. When you need them they not there. at least thats my experience.
nguyennnhatttruongazzz

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:45:14 PM

Everybody should be careful with their money transfers. Now that hackers and scammers are increasing with so much expertise, I think PayPal or other things are not faulted, they have tried to do Good and I trust them (PayPal) They are innocent. Please think more positively: D Thank you for the warning Smiley
700G

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:22:51 PM

Well, this is news to me and good to know. Thank you!

Learning, always learning!

I've done a good bit of business thru Paypal, luckily have not yet had this problem.
Bros_3

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:32:03 AM

Exchange of currencies become a major problem for the Currencies holder because in some countries they are banned and currencies holder invest their most of the money on it.

Blockchain transactions are not reversable while paypal transactions are ...Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services. So before trading BURST/FIAT this way ensure the person offering can prove any reputation or escrow.

PayPal is a favorite tool for sending and receiving money online. It is one of the oldest services available, but whenever you link your financial accounts to an online service, security should be at the top of your mind. So how safe is PayPal?

For the most part, it’s safe to use the service and link accounts to PayPal, but it ultimately depends on what your concerns are.

Buyers will find that PayPal is an easy and secure way to make purchases.

Sellers can also benefit from using PayPal, but there are risks to be aware of. Those risks aren’t unique to PayPal, but some sellers are unaware of potential problems.

What happens if somebody spends money from your PayPal account without your permission, or if you pay for an item that never arrives?

Buyer Protection: PayPal’s Buyer Protection and Account Protection programs might reimburse you. To take advantage, you need to report the transaction quickly, but Buyer Protection does not cover all transactions. Buyer Protection is similar to the benefits you get with a credit card: You can reverse the charges if the seller fails to deliver what was promised.

Before you rely on Buyer Protection, read PayPal's policies to ensure that the service is available for any payment that you're concerned about. Some transactions are not eligible.
sarata15

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:14:40 AM

Exchange of currencies become a major problem for the Currencies holder because in some countries they are banned and currencies holder invest their most of the money on it.

Blockchain transactions are not reversable while paypal transactions are ...Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services. So before trading BURST/FIAT this way ensure the person offering can prove any reputation or escrow.

PayPal is a favorite tool for sending and receiving money online. It is one of the oldest services available, but whenever you link your financial accounts to an online service, security should be at the top of your mind. So how safe is PayPal?

For the most part, it’s safe to use the service and link accounts to PayPal, but it ultimately depends on what your concerns are.

Buyers will find that PayPal is an easy and secure way to make purchases.

Sellers can also benefit from using PayPal, but there are risks to be aware of. Those risks aren’t unique to PayPal, but some sellers are unaware of potential problems.

What happens if somebody spends money from your PayPal account without your permission, or if you pay for an item that never arrives?

Buyer Protection: PayPal’s Buyer Protection and Account Protection programs might reimburse you. To take advantage, you need to report the transaction quickly, but Buyer Protection does not cover all transactions. Buyer Protection is similar to the benefits you get with a credit card: You can reverse the charges if the seller fails to deliver what was promised.

Before you rely on Buyer Protection, read PayPal's policies to ensure that the service is available for any payment that you're concerned about. Some transactions are not eligible.

Thank you
In the era of the development of high technology and the use of blockchain with payment systems such as PayPal, one must take into account all possible barriers and conditions for the exchange or acceptance of the btc.
Useful information for beginners.

lewisrafael40

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:54:39 AM

Have been using PP for more than 10 years and see there nothing to beware of. Yet, thanks for the advice.
jessica2020

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:27:44 AM

Thank you for the info Theymus. It will help us to avoid scammers in our transactions. Theres a lot of way that scammers could do, so we need to be more wiser than them.
mekie

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:51:21 PM

Charge back issues are not just a problem for crypto traders, it is a big problem for basically anyone who takes card payments. I know of a case where a software company providing back office work for a number of MLM companies (payment, admin etc) lost a  7 figure sum when the banks decided not to pay the retained money in the accounts.

I would advise against using any transfer service that allows chargebacks unless you know the other party very very well indeed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
moneyafric

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:34:01 PM

I am trying to sell LTC for the first time. I have accounts on bct-e and vircurex but I am not understanding how the usd I get from selling gets into my bank account. can someone point me in the right direction? I am having a hard time finding a post about this but there has to be one.

thanks

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1101

Hire BOUNTYPORTALS>Bounty management goo.gl/XKv9TK

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:55:51 PM

I am trying to sell LTC for the first time. I have accounts on bct-e and vircurex but I am not understanding how the usd I get from selling gets into my bank account. can someone point me in the right direction? I am having a hard time finding a post about this but there has to be one.

thanks

BTC-E closed and re-opened as Wex.nz. I'm not sure of your question but the procedure is simple (assuming that they support that), the exchange send you fiat to your bank account in exchange of your LTC or BTC.

As for Vircurex, I never heard of the exchange but after some searching, It seems like they have a class-action lawsuit against them and they are not longer operating.

celeNG666

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:02:39 AM

Im not really use that kind of services... but thanks for the information... Im really apreciated it  Wink
Giardesano

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:38:24 AM

Is Circle Pay a reversible transfer service?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

6JZXYZXVQWKD

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:53:04 PM

Just like the Neteller, Skrill and the rest of payment methods. If the account was funded using crypto, no, otherwise yes. I suggest reading the full User agreement so you know what you're getting yourself into:

Once a bitcoin transaction has been initiated, it cannot be reversed. Deposits using a bank account, debit card, or credit card may be reversed or may be subject to a chargeback or related claim.

vutienthanh

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 05:50:29 PM

This is why the ecommerce model, Shopify online shopping needs to have Paypal presence in the payment. To assist shoppers with the safest level possible. And that is why PayPal is still in the limelight even as Bitcoin is gaining market share. PayPal does not seem to lose its value. But PayPal users must know the big disadvantage of PayPal with the current user is the problem Limit. Unfortunately, you will need to withdraw a certain amount of money on PayPal when this happens
Giardesano

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:19:08 PM

Just like the Neteller, Skrill and the rest of payment methods. If the account was funded using crypto, no, otherwise yes. I suggest reading the full User agreement so you know what you're getting yourself into:

Once a bitcoin transaction has been initiated, it cannot be reversed. Deposits using a bank account, debit card, or credit card may be reversed or may be subject to a chargeback or related claim.

Thanks
roccobull

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:58:32 PM

PayPal is definitely one of the least secure methods of payment. so much fraudulent activity every transaction has to be verified personally. Too bad we cant go back to the days where our monetary system/exchanges were completely reliable and trustworthy.
Giardesano

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:15:18 AM

Why is Western Union reversible?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

6JZXYZXVQWKD

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:52:39 PM

Why is Western Union reversible?

It's explained. I believe the reverse won't happen just because you told them, there should be a lawsuit but I believe If the transaction is worldwide, and you will get your money instantly, you should be fine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.