Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:18:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If you were visiting a Xapo faucet with instant payouts, would you rather see that faucet offer higher payouts with long claim intervals (lets say 60 - 180 minutes), or would you rather see that faucet offer lower payouts with no claim intervals whatsoeve
Higher payout rates with long claim intervals (60 - 180 mins)
Lower payout rates with no claim intervals
Medium payout rates with short claim intervals (15 - 30 mins)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: High payout w/long claim intervals Vs. Low payout w/no claim intervals  (Read 627 times)
CoinTasker (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 10:11:45 AM

I have 3 faucets that offer lower payouts with no claim intervals, and I have yet to see anyone else implement this method. I have also received mixed feedback regarding this method, which is why I'd like to see what the BitcoinTalk community thinks. With that being said, all 3 of my faucets remain popular and one in particular receives a ton of traffic. In my opinion, I think this strategy offers more pros to both sides than it does cons.

Pros:
1) Users can take 5-10 minutes at a time, or however much time they want to spend at any given moment to earn as much bitcoin as they want. As opposed to having to come back hours later, or create a schedule when it may not be convenient.
2) From a faucet owner perspective, it results in more captcha completions, which means more revenue, and ultimately the ability to offer higher payouts comparatively
3) From a faucet owner perspective, it results in more banner ad impressions and doesn't require the use of annoying popups or popunders to earn revenue, which also allows for higher payouts comparatively
4) Users don't get annoyed with popups and popunders on every claim and never come back

Cons:
1) It requires more clicks and more captcha completions to earn the same amount of bitcoin as it would if you were coming back on an hourly basis to claim
2) Users may get annoyed with completing captchas and never come back

So what do you guys think? Did I miss anything? I'm going to leave links to my sites off of this post for now, but they are pretty easy to find if you want to and if you want to see them just let me know. I'd prefer you answer the poll before viewing my sites, so as to get unbiased opinions.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts, because like I said I haven't seen anyone else implement this method and it's worked quite well for me. Maybe it will help someone else in the long run! Thanks for any and all feedback!

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 08:09:04 AM

My vote goes for:   Higher payout rates with long claim intervals.
I choose this option for 2 main reasons: it is better for users (because they can earn a good amount from a single action) and good for website owner (the revenue from ads is higher)

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:15:02 PM

My vote goes for:   Higher payout rates with long claim intervals.
I choose this option for 2 main reasons: it is better for users (because they can earn a good amount from a single action) and good for website owner (the revenue from ads is higher)

I agree, high payout rates with long claim intervals.

These days it's waste of time to use faucets without countdown time or to claim few satoshis every few minutes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CoinTasker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 10:29:58 PM

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it!

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 10:32:05 PM

I'm not a fan of faucets without time limitation between claims. To earn significant amount of satoshi, you have to solve captcha many times and after some time it gets really annoying.
Short claim intervals (5-10 minutes) and average rewards is better. We have to solve captcha less times and it's easier to earn to earn significant amount of satoshi. Ad income for owners is also optimal, because users visiting such faucet multiple times.
High rewards with long claim intervals is hardly possible. It's hard to pay high rewards. Faucet with long claim intervals isn't getting many visitors, because users can claim only 1-2 times a day and they aren't visiting such faucet for multiple times.

FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:36:28 PM

High payout with long claim intervals seems to be better. With the bitcoin price now (~$1200), it's very annoying to claim a couple of satoshis every few minutes. An hourly based interval is way better and more time saving.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CoinTasker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 10:37:33 PM

I'm not a fan of faucets without time limitation between claims. To earn significant amount of satoshi, you have to solve captcha many times and after some time it gets really annoying.
Short claim intervals (5-10 minutes) and average rewards is better. We have to solve captcha less times and it's easier to earn to earn significant amount of satoshi. Ad income for owners is also optimal, because users visiting such faucet multiple times.
High rewards with long claim intervals is hardly possible. It's hard to pay high rewards. Faucet with long claim intervals isn't getting many visitors, because users can claim only 1-2 times a day and they aren't visiting such faucet for multiple times.

You are right on a lot of this, and thanks for your input. One thing I have noticed is that most bitcoin banner advertising networks only count unique users and not impressions, so the same visitor doesn't actually generate additional revenue no matter how many times they visit the site. But if using solve media captcha, there is additional revenue from additional claims. It does sound like most people agree a medium payout with medium claim interval is ideal, so that is good information for me to be aware of. thanks.

aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:44:46 PM

I have 3 faucets that offer lower payouts with no claim intervals, and I have yet to see anyone else implement this method. I have also received mixed feedback regarding this method, which is why I'd like to see what the BitcoinTalk community thinks. With that being said, all 3 of my faucets remain popular and one in particular receives a ton of traffic. In my opinion, I think this strategy offers more pros to both sides than it does cons.

Pros:
1) Users can take 5-10 minutes at a time, or however much time they want to spend at any given moment to earn as much bitcoin as they want. As opposed to having to come back hours later, or create a schedule when it may not be convenient.
2) From a faucet owner perspective, it results in more captcha completions, which means more revenue, and ultimately the ability to offer higher payouts comparatively
3) From a faucet owner perspective, it results in more banner ad impressions and doesn't require the use of annoying popups or popunders to earn revenue, which also allows for higher payouts comparatively
4) Users don't get annoyed with popups and popunders on every claim and never come back

Cons:
1) It requires more clicks and more captcha completions to earn the same amount of bitcoin as it would if you were coming back on an hourly basis to claim
2) Users may get annoyed with completing captchas and never come back

So what do you guys think? Did I miss anything? I'm going to leave links to my sites off of this post for now, but they are pretty easy to find if you want to and if you want to see them just let me know. I'd prefer you answer the poll before viewing my sites, so as to get unbiased opinions.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts, because like I said I haven't seen anyone else implement this method and it's worked quite well for me. Maybe it will help someone else in the long run! Thanks for any and all feedback!

Personally I prefer low payout, high interval.
Why? Because I type really fast and can solve captchas fast(if it's not recaptcha of course because that thing right now is a bother to solve).

I would prefer something like unlimited claims, but each claim will only yield you 70 satoshis or something like that.
That way, I can probably claim at least 500  times in 60 minutes, and at least I can hit the minimum withdrawal amount.

Most faucets give you like 1000 satoshis every 360 minutes, and it's just a bother to make a visit to their site every so often.
You have to either have a timer running or have really good memory.
Most of the time I forget, and never hit the minimum withdrawal amount.
That just makes my work worthless. I'd rather work in short bursts, and at least hit the min.

CoinTasker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 11:43:32 PM

Personally I prefer low payout, high interval.
Why? Because I type really fast and can solve captchas fast(if it's not recaptcha of course because that thing right now is a bother to solve).

I would prefer something like unlimited claims, but each claim will only yield you 70 satoshis or something like that.
That way, I can probably claim at least 500  times in 60 minutes, and at least I can hit the minimum withdrawal amount.

Most faucets give you like 1000 satoshis every 360 minutes, and it's just a bother to make a visit to their site every so often.
You have to either have a timer running or have really good memory.
Most of the time I forget, and never hit the minimum withdrawal amount.
That just makes my work worthless. I'd rather work in short bursts, and at least hit the min.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm happy to hear there are some people who prefer this method  Smiley

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:54:16 PM

I voted  Higher payout rates with long claim intervals. My reason is because I don't want to stay on the site and non stop solve captcha to earn xx amount of satoshis. It's tiring and I think I can do more / any other things if I'm not just sitting solving captcha. I prefer going back to a site per hour to claim high rewards but not every after 2 to 3hrs (it's too much time).

Therefor, it still depends on how high or low the payout is. I think it would reflect on people's choice if the amount was stated (including me, my choice might change).
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:34:49 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2017, 03:48:07 AM by krishnapramod

Bassdude had a faucet with zero timer and the rewards were around 20 to 25 satoshis and I believe he was making a decent profit. I have not seen many faucets with zero timer, minimum is at least 5 minutes and I think this is a very good strategy. Most of the faucet users prefer claiming without much delay, high rewards with a 60 minute timer is also good, but if you have a good ad network which counts all impressions then zero timer with low rewards is the best option. Most importantly faucet users do not like low rewards/low timer faucet with more than one pop up ad. I do not know which faucet script are you using, but I would recommend Salmen's faucet script for a no timer faucet.

Voted for,  Lower payout rates with no claim intervals
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:41:46 AM

Definitely low payouts and low intervals.

I suggest that you do this because you will get a lot of advertising impressions if that is what constitutes your payment from the ad provider. Also it is a lot easier for someone as they don't need to reap the faucets from different sites and having to keep track of everything, instead they can do everything on one site, again giving you more impressions and customers.

It just feels a lot easier to earn.
CoinTasker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 05:06:32 AM

Bassdude had a faucet with zero timer and the rewards were around 20 to 25 satoshis and I believe he was making a decent profit. I have not seen many faucets with zero timer, minimum is at least 5 minutes and I think this is a very good strategy. Most of the faucet users prefer claiming without much delay, high rewards with a 60 minute timer is also good, but if you have a good ad network which counts all impressions then zero timer with low rewards is the best option. Most importantly faucet users do not like low rewards/low timer faucet with more than one pop up ad. I do not know which faucet script are you using, but I would recommend Salmen's faucet script for a no timer faucet.

Thanks for your input, I actually am using custom scripts that I created on my own for my faucets that have lower payouts with no claim interval. It's great to see that there are actually quite a few people who prefer this, and even though I have received a lot of feedback claiming otherwise, my android apps for my game/faucets built off this script have been very popular. Also, I've noticed there are a lot of people leaving comments but not voting on the poll. Please, if you choose to leave a comment, make sure you vote on the poll so I can ensure I can get accurate statistics on  user preference. Thanks again for your feedback!

mrcash02

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:18:24 AM

Thanks for your input, I actually am using custom scripts that I created on my own for my faucets that have lower payouts with no claim interval. It's great to see that there are actually quite a few people who prefer this, and even though I have received a lot of feedback claiming otherwise, my android apps for my game/faucets built off this script have been very popular. Also, I've noticed there are a lot of people leaving comments but not voting on the poll. Please, if you choose to leave a comment, make sure you vote on the poll so I can ensure I can get accurate statistics on  user preference. Thanks again for your feedback!

It can be a good idea, some people like to claim without countdown time, but be aware there is a task on Services section which we complete mrai captchas. It works like a faucet without countdown time and the payrate is good, completing 1000 captchas you can earn about $1, what means a bit less than 100.000 satoshis, about 90-100 satoshis per captcha solved.

Only people who don't know that task will use a faucet where you claim 20-25 satoshis per captcha.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CoinTasker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 07:04:45 AM

It can be a good idea, some people like to claim without countdown time, but be aware there is a task on Services section which we complete mrai captchas. It works like a faucet without countdown time and the payrate is good, completing 1000 captchas you can earn about $1, what means a bit less than 100.000 satoshis, about 90-100 satoshis per captcha solved.

Only people who don't know that task will use a faucet where you claim 20-25 satoshis per captcha.

Can you tell me a little bit more about what mrai is and where you are completing catpchas for it. I am interested in checking that out?

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:20:26 PM

Can you tell me a little bit more about what mrai is and where you are completing catpchas for it. I am interested in checking that out?

It is RaiBlocks, official thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381323.0

Their faucet, https://raiblockscommunity.net/faucet/

They are going to implement a new faucet rule from tomorrow, "Distribution will be performed hourly, but only top 60 accounts will get paid. Non-top 60 accounts will cumulate claims until will be top 60 in next distributions."

I do not think you can claim continuously from their faucet without any time limitation.

XRB price has increased a bit in the last few months, currently around 900 satoshis and I think that is why they are implementing top 60 feature. They are not listed on any exchange, XRB trading thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1422828.0

Their faucet does not have any referral feature or something like that, a few years ago bitcoin adoption depended on faucets to some extent, mrai is doing the same thing and their increasing price shows it is a success.
neowne

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:22:54 PM

my vote is high payout, long timer
mrcash02

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:59:45 PM

It is RaiBlocks, official thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381323.0

Their faucet, https://raiblockscommunity.net/faucet/

They are going to implement a new faucet rule from tomorrow, "Distribution will be performed hourly, but only top 60 accounts will get paid. Non-top 60 accounts will cumulate claims until will be top 60 in next distributions."

I do not think you can claim continuously from their faucet without any time limitation.

XRB price has increased a bit in the last few months, currently around 900 satoshis and I think that is why they are implementing top 60 feature. They are not listed on any exchange, XRB trading thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1422828.0

Their faucet does not have any referral feature or something like that, a few years ago bitcoin adoption depended on faucets to some extent, mrai is doing the same thing and their increasing price shows it is a success.

I work via this service offer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1763368.0

I'm not the owner of mrai account, I receive a code that I use to complete mrais, the account owner is credited, he shares many codes with everyone who wants to work for him. So, he sells the mrai we completed for the best price, 90% of profit comes for us and he keeps 10% of profit with him, it's a fair deal. You can also choose for how much you want he sells your mrai.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: [1]
  Print