Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:56:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash to mine Zpool - Is it possible?  (Read 2295 times)
lgranite (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:44:41 PM

Hi All,

I'm really getting interested in mining at Zpool.ca and on their webpage they advertise NiceHash. So I purchased a little bit of hashing power and it seems that I am unable to use it for Zpool. I find this very confusing since Zpool advertises to use NiceHash for hashing power on their own website.

I get the below response when I try to verify that Zpool will work on NiceHash before I submit an order, and I receive the below:

Resolving pool host mine.zpool.ca... OK
Establishing connection with proxy... OK
Establishing connection with pool 149.56.122.79:3333... OK
Sending mining.subscribe... OK
Sending mining.authorize... OK
Received mining.notify subscription... OK
Received authorization result... OK
Received mining.set_difficulty... Pool difficulty too low (provided=64, minimum=999)
Waiting for pool to send higher difficulty.
Received mining.notify work... OK
Received mining.notify work... OK
Error: Difficulty too low.
Your pool is shown as incompatible therefore we encourage you to contact pool operator to make sure that the pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service (and thus compatible with today's miners), please send them link to our FAQ on this topic: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqb3.

Note: Zpool has no means of contacting them on their website. I am tempted to withdraw my funds but I don't want to unless I have clarification. Thank you!
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lgranite (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:22:33 AM

I was told that all I needed to do was change my password to say d=2056 within the NH options. It worked! Using NH now, will see if it's worth the effort for paying for hashing power. I hope so!

I hope this helped someone else out there as well.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: