Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:44:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72234 times)
ParadiseFalls

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:18:45 PM

Great to see britcoin is still around.
Also Will7am is bae <3

Thanks mate, appreciate your support  Grin

Hey Will how do I download the wallet, I went to britcoin.xyz click the download link and it takes me instead to a chat room? I'm getting frustrated looking all over the web where is the link?

Does anyone know?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:23:54 PM

Also Will7am is bae <3

Thanks mate, appreciate your support  Grin

Hey Will how do I download the wallet, I went to britcoin.xyz click the download link and it takes me instead to a chat room? I'm getting frustrated looking all over the web where is the link?

Does anyone know?

Windows: http://britcoin.xyz/britcoin-qt-win-v3.0.0.1.zip

OSx: http://britcoin.xyz/britcoin-qt-osx-v3.0.0.1.dmg

Linux: https://github.com/greenmo000/britcoin3.0

Which link were you clicking on?  The links in the "Wallet Downloads" area on the front page of britcoin.xyz work for me. Smiley

ParadiseFalls

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:35:29 PM

Also Will7am is bae <3

Thanks mate, appreciate your support  Grin

Does anyone know?

Which link were you clicking on?  The links in the "Wallet Downloads" area on the front page of britcoin.xyz work for me. Smiley

It's in the about page where it says (download the Britcoin wallet now!)

By the way thank you for the link, I'm still new to this whole coin thing.
ParadiseFalls

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:42:27 PM

Do I need a British bank account to transfer funds into cash? I'm American and I read some where you have to have a British account if true, can't you devs change that for any bank account, since it'll be a hassle for me to download and install a bitcoin wallet the way it takes so long to get that wallet in syc?
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:46:38 PM

Also Will7am is bae <3

Thanks mate, appreciate your support  Grin

Does anyone know?

Which link were you clicking on?  The links in the "Wallet Downloads" area on the front page of britcoin.xyz work for me. Smiley

It's in the about page where it says (download the Britcoin wallet now!)

By the way thank you for the link, I'm still new to this whole coin thing.

Ahh didn't realize the link on the about page wasn't correct.

I'll fix that now, but the good news is we're going to be creating a new website for Brit soon..  With a lot more information and links. Smiley

britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 07:23:38 PM

Do I need a British bank account to transfer funds into cash? I'm American and I read some where you have to have a British account if true, can't you devs change that for any bank account, since it'll be a hassle for me to download and install a bitcoin wallet the way it takes so long to get that wallet in syc?

Hi,

The buybritcoins site (fiat to BRIT) is closed down now, though it may return in some form some day ;8]

If you buy Bitcoins somewhere, you could transfer them straight to an exchange (C-Cex) to buy BRIT without needing a personal Bitcoin wallet.

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 07:22:21 PM

I'd like to slow down the blocktime target too, to 2.5 minutes maybe, to help make the wallet more responsive and the blockchain smaller.

Bear in mind that there could be ways to get faster confirmations later which might be better than having more blocks, such as a merge-mined PoW coin (like Vericoin's Verium) or Instant-X.

Thoughts?

— Mo

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 08:33:38 PM

Guide to installing on a Linux (Ubuntu) VPS.  Taken from previous thread but with some edits.

If compiling Britcoin 3 from source, you must use Berkeley DB 4 (e.g. 4.8) and not 5.

Here are some sample commands for how to get going on an Ubuntu VPS.  Note that you need over 1GB RAM to compile Britcoin because of the TOR stuff.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libevent-dev
apt-get install git

git clone https://github.com/greenmo000/britcoin3.0.git
cd britcoin3.0/src
apt-get install nano
sudo apt-get install gcc
sudo apt-get install openssl
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install g++

cd ~
wget 'http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz'
tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix/
../dist/configure --enable-cxx
make
sudo make install

# Tell your system where to find db4.8
export BDB_INCLUDE_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include"
export BDB_LIB_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"
sudo ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb-4.8.so
sudo ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so

cd ~/britcoin3.0/src
make -f makefile.unix

./britcoind -daemon

That gives you a suggested username and password.

nano ~/.britcoin/britcoin.conf

Put these in the text file:

rpcuser=that username you just got
rpcpassword=that password you just got

./britcoind -daemon

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 10:26:10 PM

Anyone want to clean up the circular Britcoin logo that appears in the bottom-left of the wallet, so that it doesn't have jaggy edges?

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:18:19 PM

Anyone want to clean up the circular Britcoin logo that appears in the bottom-left of the wallet, so that it doesn't have jaggy edges?

This is the best version I've got:

VanityWallets2015

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:56:43 AM

I have 500,000 Britcoins for sale. PM me.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:24:06 PM

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/house-lords-ask-bank-england-it-time-britcoin-1570886

Is it time for Britcoin? Wink

FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:37:21 PM

Hey there Britcoin lot! finally bought some Wink

I saw the article, didn't misread it... but I know how things go etc...

overall though glad to see activity on this coin I wanted to invest for a while and now I will!
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 06:24:26 AM

overall though glad to see activity on this coin I wanted to invest for a while and now I will!

Welcome, good things happening over the coming months, just sit back and keep an eye on your investment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 06:26:36 AM

Looks like they don't realise that Brit already exists.

Tell the House of Lords to ask Bank of England they can buy some Brit off the sell wall on C-cex.  Tongue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 11:55:52 AM

Tell the House of Lords to ask Bank of England they can buy some Brit off the sell wall on C-cex.  Tongue

There's even a link to an IBT interview I did in the article, but they didn't even mention us in the post..  Silly buggers Cheesy

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 12:03:16 PM

There's even a link to an IBT interview I did in the article, but they didn't even mention us in the post..  Silly buggers Cheesy

That's why I thought they wernt aware of brit, no mention of us.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

peterw1234

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:07:29 AM

Welcome! Glad to see Britcoin is getting some good investors Wink
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 04:44:02 PM

Heh... this was retweeted by Fidor Bank!

https://twitter.com/PatCrypt/status/755076226205835265

Would be good to hear how plans are emerging, the recent chatter in the media seems like the perfect time to make a case for an alternative.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 05:10:47 PM

Heh... this was retweeted by Fidor Bank!

https://twitter.com/PatCrypt/status/755076226205835265

Would be good to hear how plans are emerging, the recent chatter in the media seems like the perfect time to make a case for an alternative.

Brit has been running since 2014, It's already out in the public domain.

The Bank of England and the House of Commons are two years too late.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: