Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72234 times)
britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 03:21:23 AM

The 'Source on Github' link on BRIT's info box on C-Cex is still linking to v3.2.  It needs to link to v3.3 at https://github.com/britcoin3/britcoin3.3

Anyone else want to open a support ticket about this?  We already have done but no response yet.

Or the differences from 3.2 to 3.3 could be merged into one repository. I'm not really sure why there are 3 separate repos for this coin in the first place. Git is more than capable of tracking file changes...

Might do this in future, but of course not in a repo named britcoin3.2.

The way it's done now, it's because it was convenient to make a semi-private repo on gitlab for development, testing and code review before moving it over to github.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 08:12:28 PM

The 'Source on Github' link on BRIT's info box on C-Cex is still linking to v3.2.  It needs to link to v3.3 at https://github.com/britcoin3/britcoin3.3

Anyone else want to open a support ticket about this?  We already have done but no response yet.

OK, they've done it now  Smiley

will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:39:20 PM

OK, they've done it now  Smiley

Good stuff, I did email them about it. Smiley

fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:02:31 AM

Almost 25 BTC volume on C-Cex. Someone's enjoying a bit of BRIT pingpong with themselves methinks!

So! Are we in the clear with the fork now? Bittrex here we come?
spartanrules

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:22:49 PM

I seem to be having trouble loading the wallet.
It says error loading blkindex.dat

Anyone help. thanks

I personally had some problems getting my wallet synced but with excellent help/advice from the guys here working behind the scenes it's now working smoothly.
Just want to say it's really appreciated.

Great support....  Wink
firehawk71

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:34:14 PM

Hello I am new to this coin. is there any problems with the mac wallet before I start downloading it? Thanks
fiftyseven

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 05:00:31 PM

Hello I am new to this coin. is there any problems with the mac wallet before I start downloading it? Thanks

No problems as far as I know and I'm synced with a Mac. It may take a little while however as the blockchain is relatively large, the coin's been going since 2014.
firehawk71

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:04:45 PM

No problems as far as I know and I'm synced with a Mac. It may take a little while however as the blockchain is relatively large, the coin's been going since 2014.
Thanks will start downloading the wallet... BTW I mine over at ProHash.com and I asked them if they would add Britcoin as a option to be paid out in and looks like there going to add it. So if you have a script asic machine you can mine on prohash and be paid in Britcoin.
 Grin
firehawk71

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:30:50 PM

The new wallet version 3.3 will not open on my Mac as soon as I double click it just crashes I get error this program has unexpectidy quit.
Any ideas?
fiftyseven

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 07:02:46 PM

The new wallet version 3.3 will not open on my Mac as soon as I double click it just crashes I get error this program has unexpectidy quit.
Any ideas?

Weird. Is there anything already in your ~/Library/Application Support/Britcoin folder? If so, delete it and try again. It worked for me.

I was a tester for the version before it was released and this is where I was directed to download it, try this if the above doesn't work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5n7cr3a2tvxt4i/britcoin-qt-osx-v3.3.0.0.zip?dl=0
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 07:16:17 PM

Any ideas?

Weird. Is there anything already in your ~/Library/Application Support/Britcoin folder? If so, delete it and try again. It worked for me.

I was a tester for the version before it was released and this is where I was directed to download it, try this if the above doesn't work:

Only download from official links.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

fiftyseven

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 07:38:36 PM

Any ideas?

Fair enough Leigh but that link was personally given to me from Mo.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:24:03 PM

Any ideas?

It's just bad practice, not saying your up to anything though.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

firehawk71

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:50:28 PM

Any ideas?

It's just bad practice, not saying your up to anything though.
Maybe I did something wrong. When it dowloaded it already had a app icon like it did not "install" like most wallets do. Maybe that is the problem?
fiftyseven

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:31:42 PM

Maybe I did something wrong. When it dowloaded it already had a app icon like it did not "install" like most wallets do. Maybe that is the problem?

It might be you need to drag it to Applications before running it. Also, I had to right-click and select 'Open' or it complains about being downloaded from the internet and won't open it.

For it to bail immediately makes me wonder if there's an issue creating things from scratch - I've had versions right from v1 on this machine so wasn't exactly replicating your scenario. You might be best PM'ing the britcoin3 account. That is the Mo I referred to.
britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 01:43:06 AM

Any ideas?

Send us a screenshot of the error and your debug.log (maybe in the ~/.britcoin directory) and the tor.log too in the tor subdirectory, to britcoin3, which is a gmail address  Wink

That should be exactly the same version as the official one (no changes were required) so shouldn't make a difference.

Yeah, as Leigh says, best not to download from unofficial sources in comments: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=936724.0
(as in, these people don't know who you are) but no harm done in this case  Cool

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 07:35:16 AM

Thanks will start downloading the wallet... BTW I mine over at ProHash.com and I asked them if they would add Britcoin as a option to be paid out in and looks like there going to add it. So if you have a script asic machine you can mine on prohash and be paid in Britcoin.
 Grin

By the way, I've put a new blockchain bootstrap file in the OP.  Not sure where it goes on Mac computers though.

There's nothing at ProHash.com... Did you get the address wrong, firehawk71?

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2016, 06:06:18 AM

The next change to take effect will be a fix to the staking calculations.  At present, when large amounts are staked, it could cause an overflow, and the staker would get far less than the 5% annual interest.  A lot of 2014 coins had this kind of issue, including New PiggyCoin.

The fix is set to happen at block 1,066,700, about a week from now.  The code to do this is already in the v3.3.0.0 wallet ;8]

This will happen in a little over 24 hours i.e. Friday morning, UK time.

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:24:30 AM

The next change to take effect will be a fix to the staking calculations.  At present, when large amounts are staked, it could cause an overflow, and the staker would get far less than the 5% annual interest.  A lot of 2014 coins had this kind of issue, including New PiggyCoin.

The fix is set to happen at block 1,066,700, about a week from now.  The code to do this is already in the v3.3.0.0 wallet ;8]

This will happen in a little over 24 hours i.e. Friday morning, UK time.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

firehawk71

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 12:00:19 AM

Grin

By the way, I've put a new blockchain bootstrap file in the OP.  Not sure where it goes on Mac computers though.

There's nothing at ProHash.com... Did you get the address wrong, firehawk71?
Hello, sorry when I made the announcment about Prohash it was a bit pre-mature.. But it is there now.. They are script mining coin switch pool so you can use any script Asic to get Britcoin over at Prohasing.com
Once you join just go into settings and select the drop down menu for the coin you want to be paid in and you will now see Britcoin.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: