Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it too late to try to buy in the butterfly labs btc miners?  (Read 2901 times)
Vitezky

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 11:37:15 AM

How useful is the Jalapeno going to be in a few months?Im sure you will get profit, but how much?
akspecs (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 05:23:37 PM

That will take 4 years and wil cut your mining revenue at most by half. 
Other asics coming online will take months and reduce your mining revenue to somewhere between 10% and 1% of what it is now.

Are you saying my revenue will be reduced  to 10% (or 1%, yikes!) if I don't upgrade to the asics or are you assuming that from the moment one receives one it will take months to diminish any income?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 05:39:36 PM

Are you saying my revenue will be reduced  to 10% (or 1%, yikes!) if I don't upgrade to the asics or are you assuming that from the moment one receives one it will take months to diminish any income?

I am saying your per GH revenue will most likely drop that much over the next months compared to now. Mining revenue per GH is directly and inversely proportional to difficulty which is proportional to the aggregate hashrate of the network. And the latter is about to explode when the various asics finally get to their customers over the next months.
akspecs (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:49:48 AM

I am saying your per GH revenue will most likely drop that much over the next months compared to now. Mining revenue per GH is directly and inversely proportional to difficulty which is proportional to the aggregate hashrate of the network. And the latter is about to explode when the various asics finally get to their customers over the next months.

Right, I understand this.  I believe it.  No problem.  Let the 100 fold increase in difficulty come!  Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: