Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:15:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AVALON] - I got my ASIC Thread (Batch #2)  (Read 53517 times)
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:33:48 AM

I'm waiting for the delivery of my unit right now and my country's Customs sent me a copy of the invoice which is included with the package and it reads 500 USD/unit + 80 USD shipping.

spiccioli

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:43:06 AM

Thanks... i think $39 is a stupid low price. It practically ensures that they check it.

The last paragraph sound a bit like someone played snitch. What an ass if true.

Will Serbian customs auction that blade on ebay or will the buyer get a chance to pay the fine?

that was the first thing that crossed my mind, will check regularly for their auction announcements...

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:45:01 AM

Loads of us did place an order as guest and paid Walletbit but the chains stops there... the orders never made it back to Avalon and we never got a confirmation email...
A few months back BitSyncom asked all of those who had not received order confirmation emails from Avalon to contact him.  I, and many others, did so and got confirmation emails.

Not months, but 1 month I think (after the 19th of April?). Care to post the date on the confirmation email you got?

As for contacting Avalon: I, and many others, did so and did not get a confirmation email.

So we don't know where we stand. Is our order in the pipeline? Is the address information complete? Is it correct? Or did Walletbit run of with our BTC? We don't even have an order number to talk about, the only information we have is the date, the amount of BTC and the address we paid into.
szuetam

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:59:37 AM

I'm waiting for the delivery of my unit right now and my country's Customs sent me a copy of the invoice which is included with the package and it reads 500 USD/unit + 80 USD shipping.

spiccioli

Is there any contact email to avalon?

If they could send me a copy of invoice included with package I could pass it to DHL and authorize them to pay in my name, it would speed up my delivery by 2-3 days, as I know (Poland).
spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:05:21 AM

spiccioli

If they could send me a copy of invoice included with package I could pass it to DHL and authorize them to pay in my name, it would speed up my delivery by 2-3 days, as I know (Poland).

No, there is no sender's email in the invoice.

spiccioli
szuetam

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:09:03 AM

spiccioli

spiccioli

spiccioli where are you froem (where did you recive shipment)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:47:43 AM

Thanks... i think $39 is a stupid low price. It practically ensures that they check it.

The last paragraph sound a bit like someone played snitch. What an ass if true.
Well ... at 10GH/s you could easily show the BFL web site where 5GH/s is $275 - so $550 not quite as bad as saying it was $5k

The thing is... when you see the carefully packaged unit, all the technique and so on you dont think about hashrate... you think... $39? for this hightech? No way... lets check this... and now it happened for one poor guy...

I don't see how can the customer get a criminal charge since he didn't put that 39$ price, but fine.

They will most probably go against Bitfunder. But dont have a chance because they are in china. The customer probably only has a problem when they think he lied about the price too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
caoxg

Activity: 159

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:53:00 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 12:03:30 PM by caoxg

I, received batch #2 units this afternoon.
my order no is #40xx and I was paid on Feb.2.

I'm living in Shanghai.

Thanks to ngzhang & yifu and anyone eles in Avalon Team. you are so cool.
We are so proud of you.

I'm running a Chinese crowdfunding website: dreamchina.com.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:27:53 PM

I'm living in Shanghai.

We are so proud of you.

I am a little jealous now. Hope my order will arrive soon.
szuetam

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:34:42 PM

"made on February 18, 2013. Order status: processing."

Checked seconds ago, who have sth else with 18th?
tiananmenqian

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:56:26 PM

I'm living in Shanghai.

We are so proud of you.

gongxi
congratulas
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:32:52 PM

18th Feb for me, still says processing.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:58:25 PM

18th Feb for me, still says processing.

Same here
spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:24:06 PM

spiccioli

spiccioli

spiccioli where are you froem (where did you recive shipment)

I'm from Italy.

spiccioli
silverserpent

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:32:43 PM

What a rush you guys (and gals)! The past few days have been wild

I didn't see the email until the wee hours early Friday morning 3AM. Subject line said: Note added to your order; when I opened the msg, I saw what I think was the most beautiful set of numbers I have ever seen - the DHL tracking number for my Feb 2nd Avalon order - I was ecstatic. Quick, I went to the DHL site and there it was - "Shipping Information Received".

Being that it was Friday afternoon in HK, I thought it might get picked up soon and ship over the weekend, getting it on Tues (Monday holiday in US) - NOT! The thing sat there all day long on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was now starting to wonder if my package had disappeared (taken out the back door, put on the truck but not scanned...). Then finally, late night Sunday / Monday 1AM (EST) - the status changed to "Shipment picked up"- YES! AWESOME, finally. It arrived in Cincinnati, OH on Monday at 10AM. Now the details showed it was in Customs, and it continued to, all day long - actually made me kinda nervous. Then about 2AM on Tuesday, it showed "arrived at sort facility" and departed about 6AM, getting to destination about 3PM (DHL told me they were running late due to holiday the day before). Checked in front of driver and saw no significant damage to box, no rattling inside (btw, the driver said he had no idea what "without prejudice for damages" meant).

Rock solid packaging - sturdy styrofoam and thick cardboard with the invoice tapped over the box seal ($500 + 80 shipping $580 USD).  Some light scuff marks on one side of case but not too much dust (never opened it up). You really get a sense of quality and durability from its thick heavy case and it looks great, no antenna or power cable either. Being a newb to CGMiner it took me a lttle while but got it all setup - now hashin away @ about67GH on BTC Guild/Slush.

Kudos to Avalon! Thank you all

I believe they are shipping beyond the initial 20 units, and in order; my order number was in the low teens (1XXX). I placed my order as a Wordpress user and I paid about 3PM on 2/2 but I never got payment confirmation from Avalon (I called Walletbit and they later emailed stating that he found my order and confirmed it had been received properly by Avalon).

1XXX            2-2-2013     05-24-2013                05-28-2013    silverserpent   1:BLK

This has to have been the toughest and proudest purchase/investment I have ever made - it really feels good to be part of something that is so powerful and evolutionary in the world today.
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:36:15 PM

I didn't see the email until the wee hours early Friday morning 3AM. Subject line said: Note added to your order; when I opened the msg, I saw what I think was the most beautiful set of numbers I have ever seen - the DHL tracking number for my Feb 2nd Avalon order - I was ecstatic. Quick, I went to the DHL site and there it was - "Shipping Information Received".

Being that it was Friday afternoon in HK, I thought it might get picked up soon and ship over the weekend, getting it on Tues (Monday holiday in US) - NOT! The thing sat there all day long on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was now starting to wonder if my package had disappeared (taken out the back door, put on the truck but not scanned...). Then finally, late night Sunday / Monday 1AM (EST) - the status changed to "Shipment picked up"- YES! AWESOME, finally. It arrived in Cincinnati, OH on Monday at 10AM. Now the details showed it was in Customs, and it continued to, all day long - actually made me kinda nervous. Then about 2AM on Tuesday, it showed "arrived at sort facility" and departed about 6AM, getting to destination about 3PM (DHL told me they were running late due to holiday the day before). Checked in front of driver and saw no significant damage to box, no rattling inside (btw, the driver said he had no idea what "without predjudice for damages" meant).

Rock solid packaging - sturdy styrofoam and thick cardboard with the invoice tapped over the box seal ($500 + 80 shipping $580 USD).  Some light scuff marks on one side of case but not too much dust (never opened it up). You really get a sense of quality and durabilty from its thick heavy case and it looks great, no antenna or power cable either. Being a newb to CGMiner it took me a lttle while but got it all setup - now hashin away @ about
67GH on BTC/Slush. Kudos to Avalon!

I believe they are shipping beyond the initial 20 units, and in order; my order number was in the low teens (1XXX). I placed my order as a Wordpress user and I paid about 3PM on 2/2 but I never got payment confirmation from Avalon (I called Walletbit and they later emailed stating that he found my order and confirmed it had been received properly by Avalon).

1XXX            2-2-2013     05-24-2013                05-28-2013    silverserpent   1:BLK

This has to have been the toughest and proudest purchase/investment I have ever made - it really feels good to be part of something that is so powerful and evolutionary in the world today.

When you say no power cable, did you order it without a PSU like some batch 3s were able to?  Or are you saying you had to go out and buy a cable to plug into the power supply?  I am confused by that.  Congratulations though!
spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:40:05 PM

now hashin away @ about 67GH on BTC/Slush. Kudos to Avalon!

I'd like to remind every new owner of an Avalon (and every miner at large) of a nice pool, HHTT which would gain a little less variance from a few more units hashing there. Wink

spiccioli
silverserpent

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:42:17 PM

Being that it was Friday afternoon in HK, I thought it might get picked up soon and ship over the weekend, getting it on Tues (Monday holiday in US) - NOT! The thing sat there all day long on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was now starting to wonder if my package had disappeared (taken out the back door, put on the truck but not scanned...). Then finally, late night Sunday / Monday 1AM (EST) - the status changed to "Shipment picked up"- YES! AWESOME, finally. It arrived in Cincinnati, OH on Monday at 10AM. Now the details showed it was in Customs, and it continued to, all day long - actually made me kinda nervous. Then about 2AM on Tuesday, it showed "arrived at sort facility" and departed about 6AM, getting to destination about 3PM (DHL told me they were running late due to holiday the day before). Checked in front of driver and saw no significant damage to box, no rattling inside (btw, the driver said he had no idea what "without predjudice for damages" meant).

Rock solid packaging - sturdy styrofoam and thick cardboard with the invoice tapped over the box seal ($500 + 80 shipping $580 USD).  Some light scuff marks on one side of case but not too much dust (never opened it up). You really get a sense of quality and durabilty from its thick heavy case and it looks great, no antenna or power cable either. Being a newb to CGMiner it took me a lttle while but got it all setup - now hashin away @ about

1XXX            2-2-2013     05-24-2013                05-28-2013    silverserpent   1:BLK

When you say no power cable, did you order it without a PSU like some batch 3s were able to?  Or are you saying you had to go out and buy a cable to plug into the power supply?  I am confused by that.  Congratulations though!
Thanks.
Batch2 didn't have they PSU purchase option, all came with PSU. Need to acquire a standard power cable from PSU to a/c outlet (common on most PCs)
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:47:32 PM

Rock solid packaging - sturdy styrofoam and thick cardboard with the invoice tapped over the box seal ($500 + 80 shipping $580 USD).  Some light scuff marks on one side of case but not too much dust (never opened it up). You really get a sense of quality and durabilty from its thick heavy case and it looks great, no antenna or power cable either. Being a newb to CGMiner it took me a lttle while but got it all setup - now hashin away @ about

1XXX            2-2-2013     05-24-2013                05-28-2013    silverserpent   1:BLK

When you say no power cable, did you order it without a PSU like some batch 3s were able to?  Or are you saying you had to go out and buy a cable to plug into the power supply?  I am confused by that.  Congratulations though!
Thanks.
Batch2 didn't have they PSU purchase option, all came with PSU. Need to acquire a standard power cable from PSU to a/c outlet (common on most PCs)

Ah ok.  No big deal.  Thanks.

I wonder if this is to get around the customs contraband problems they mentioned earlier.
silverserpent

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:01:58 PM

now hashin away @ about 67GH on BTC/Slush. Kudos to Avalon!

I'd like to remind every new owner of an Avalon (and every miner at large) of a nice pool, HHTT which would gain a little less variance from a few more units hashing there. Wink

spiccioli

thanks.
Is the payout/charge the same at most pools? Do they have an impact on the hashing rate of participants, my unit went down to 55GH/s the other morning, then I learned that BTC Guild had some HW issues at about the same time?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: