Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 01:53:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHICH ALTCOIN IS NOW BEST TO INVEST?  (Read 4579 times)
Tacata

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 03:08:55 AM

I will give every time the same advice:

- Look at the technology. No, not the number of "planned features", but look at the problem the cryptocurrency is trying to solve. If it's a relevant problem (like scalability or energy consumption), then you can take that coin into account.
- Look at the developers. How is development organized? It's better to have a open model than a "monarch-like" lead developer or an completely anonymous "team".
- Look at the community. Are they only in for the easy money? If most posts in the ANN thread are about price, don't invest.
- Ignore advice from all members with an altcoin (ICO etc.) in their signature (or personal message Grin)

Look for nxt.org

- Look at technology:
   https://nxtwiki.org/wiki/Current_Features

Look at the developers:
- Jean-Luc and other anon , if you want to help just go to the forum and publish your code, simple, free and easy.

- Look the community:
  -nxter.org - Magazine made by the users and using nxt tech to paydividends
  -https://nxtforum.org/index.php
  - Debune and others projects - You can find in the AE (Asset Exchange) all types of investment since youtubers until big projects like Debune

Ignore advice from all members with an altcoin:
 lol

Nxt is an altcoin devalued. Take a look and try a demo:

https://nxt.org/demo/
Dadogiag

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:06:57 AM

Better to invest in altcoin after btc ath on halving .
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:13:06 AM

There are so many altcoins appearing on the market every day that it's becoming harder and harder to find good ones. Most of them are just shitcoins.

But, think about it. Who needs altcoins when you can have BTC? I suggest you go hold BTC, instead of getting altcoins. In the long run, altcoins might die off, but BTC will definitely live on.
doremi

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:39:35 AM

There are so many altcoins appearing on the market every day that it's becoming harder and harder to find good ones. Most of them are just shitcoins.

But, think about it. Who needs altcoins when you can have BTC? I suggest you go hold BTC, instead of getting altcoins. In the long run, altcoins might die off, but BTC will definitely live on.

this blockchain's tech is the tech that every bitcoiner dreaming of:

https://youtu.be/IS51MXxQMZQ

but sorry that it isn`t belong to bitcoin,it's belong to Vcash...cheers  Cheesy Cheesy
jdmorgan

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:05:50 PM

If you would like to loose btc this is a valid question. But honestly some users surely give valid information but when it comes to crypto dont listen to anyone, read the ann's follow the threads, check web pages, check charts @ exchange. If you take anyones advice your most likely going to loose btc. (Not saying anything negative about 1 single response, but everyone here can tell you they have lost btc at one time for listening to someone else).

Seriously though, no one here can tell you the best to invest for you. Not trying to put a damper on anything but I am sure you would rather loose btc and learn something than loose it and learn nothing except that you got bad advice.

You're damn right
finitemaz

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:09:45 PM

Litecoin.  Litecoin and Bitcoin, nothing else.  Don't get scammed.
Tasunko

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:22:08 AM

I think NEM, DAO.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:18:51 AM

atm i think altcoins are in big trouble like you should not but money in them atm .. maybe wait for -300% or 400% sales from here and if btc goes up just incase do not buy alts i think ltc is good now as it move with btc
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:59:47 AM

Research and then invest, i would recommend NEM.
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 01:07:10 PM

Litecoin.  Litecoin and Bitcoin, nothing else.  Don't get scammed.
Right now, litecoin is dropping. Litecoin is getting weaker each day.

Bitcoin still stable and rising a little. But Bitcoin isn't an Altcoin.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 01:46:31 PM

- Look at the technology. No, not the number of "planned features", but look at the problem the cryptocurrency is trying to solve. If it's a relevant problem (like scalability or energy consumption), then you can take that coin into account.
- Look at the developers. How is development organized? It's better to have a open model than a "monarch-like" lead developer or an completely anonymous "team".
- Look at the community. Are they only in for the easy money? If most posts in the ANN thread are about price, don't invest.
- Ignore advice from all members with an altcoin (ICO etc.) in their signature (or personal message Grin)

Then it would be good to check into NEM too if you go buy these rules.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 04:48:16 PM

I'm up for ICO recently but i'm not really sure what I'm doing though I just bought them and hope they will really be valuable later.
how do we know they are just up for easy money? would it help if they are anonymous or simply known which they give away their linkedin profile?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 04:59:32 PM

Says the guy with an altcoin in his signature Tongue
x13

Activity: 336

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 05:28:04 PM

Depends on your investment horizon. Longterm almost all coins in the top 20 are a good investment in my opinion. But if you look short-term then there are some promising ICOs at the moment like DAO or WAVES.

BigUpGiddyup

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BigUp & WIN

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 06:13:04 PM

Definitely BigUp!

We have had some significant developments recently and all signs are pointing up... BIG UP!!

Main information thread is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1367075.0

BigUp is positioned to be a BIG winner by design

If you are interested in a detailed explaination of why BigUp is great from a financial math perspective take a look at this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1367075.msg14404212#msg14404212

lofty

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 07:34:24 PM

Just stick with Bitcoins and Litecoins. Now is not really a good time to be buying BTC for I think there is going to be a dump soon and when that happens get as much as you can and let them be secured in a cold wallet for one or two months. For LTC, if you are willing to wait for a year or so to see profits(GOOD PROFITS !); sow now reap later.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 6486

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:41:50 AM

Look for nxt.org

NXT and NEM are, indeed, two of the "better" choices, with an active community and good developers, both with really useful features. Although I'm not sure if NEM is actually in a little bubble, but I don't expect it to go much lower. Long-term, I expect both NXT and NEM doing well.

I'm up for ICO recently but i'm not really sure what I'm doing though I just bought them and hope they will really be valuable later.
how do we know they are just up for easy money? would it help if they are anonymous or simply known which they give away their linkedin profile?

I don't know which ICO coin you mean, but generally ICOs from anonymous "devs" are dangerous. A linkedin profile may be not enough. It's better if they can show some code. If there is much greed in the forum thread and nobody talking about the coin's features, it's also a warning sign.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:45:40 PM

Definitely BigUp!

We have had some significant developments recently and all signs are pointing up... BIG UP!!

Main information thread is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1367075.0

BigUp is positioned to be a BIG winner by design

If you are interested in a detailed explaination of why BigUp is great from a financial math perspective take a look at this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1367075.msg14404212#msg14404212

Don't go the bigup route. Its buyers are dwindling (2 sat). You will have to own like 100mil just to compete with all the other stakers to not make jack nor crap.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:32:01 PM

in the following month i think LISK is going to be the best altcoin if you can catch it early on before it lifts off.

and also there is always eth where pumpers can start pumping it again after the dump stopped.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Tacata

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 04:32:42 PM

Look for nxt.org

NXT and NEM are, indeed, two of the "better" choices, with an active community and good developers, both with really useful features. Although I'm not sure if NEM is actually in a little bubble, but I don't expect it to go much lower. Long-term, I expect both NXT and NEM doing well.

I don't know which ICO coin you mean, but generally ICOs from anonymous "devs" are dangerous. A linkedin profile may be not enough. It's better if they can show some code. If there is much greed in the forum thread and nobody talking about the coin's features, it's also a warning sign.

I agree with you. I think NXT and NEM are the best altcoins (building from scratch) both have strong community. A great news for investor -> NXT 2.0 will have a new ICO coming soon. Be aware. 
Different from other developers who live on other people's communities looking for bugs and glitches and generating mischief all around the foruns. Devs of the two communities(NXT and NEM) focus on developing their currencies and not attack other communities.
The only problem with NEM is they dont have a Linux client and tornado is now offline. :/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: