Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google launches Cloud Gaming platform  (Read 203 times)
Instely (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:31:57 AM
Merited by Vod (2), dbshck (2)

At october 1st, Google announced the launch of "Project Stream": An experimental project to test the potential of Streaming technology.
This time, Google is trying to take that "Streaming Tech" to the Next level and make a Cloud Gaming Platform, which will, basically, allow
people to play titles like the new "Assassin's Creed: Oddyssey (2018)" at FULL HD 1080P/60FPS via Chrome Browser AND without having locally
the hardware required to run it.

Sounds interesting, right? All you'll need is to have is a 25MB/s connection, because you'll be watching a streaming of a game that will be rendered
actually in the Google Computers and to which you'll have remote access to control (something like TeamViewer but in full HD and totally LIVE)

At this moment, they are choosing some people from the US to try the beta.
Here you'll find more information on how to join: https://blog.google/technology/developers/pushing-limits-streaming-technology/
And Here's also a test gameplay they did using their interactive video streaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE53eSbzxoU

I don't know how revolutionizing or profitable it will be but I think it's a good developement because the flexibilities it may give to people whose
systems can't run high-requirements games or apps but are able to afford a decent internet connection. Imagine, instead of buying the games
and expensive hardware to run it, you just buy a suscription to stream the game.

What do you guys think about it? Do you imagine any application of the blockchain for this?

Join the Blockchain Revolution with Chainzilla! -  https://discordapp.com/invite/rhkgTrv
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:15:08 AM

Looks like there’s a lot of development now with content and streaming platforms. And I’m seeing a lot of technologies working together now. They say AI and AR make a great tandem, so I’m sure blockchain is something that could be adopted by other technologies too, even VR.
In relation to the Google platform others are trying to keep up with advancements as well. Some even predict having a VR web platform. Interesting, right?
https://www.techradar.com/news/is-vr-the-future-of-web-browsing
avbitx

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:43:34 AM

The improvement on streaming site has upgraded. Looking forward to use it.
Green_Bulb

Activity: 261
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:12:32 AM

I doubt this kind of service will be for free. Upkeep cost of the virtual machines of this performance will surely be quite high even for Google.
For me it certainly looks promising as I don`t plan to upgrade my PC to gaming performance level.
logitechwow

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:16:31 AM

The use of blockchain in this system makes no sense. But the idea itself is good, the owners of weak PCs can be happy, but there is one disadvantage of this feature: it is expensive
marssx

Activity: 575
Merit: 100

800 chaturbate tk on sale

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:19:50 PM

The use of blockchain in this system makes no sense. But the idea itself is good, the owners of weak PCs can be happy, but there is one disadvantage of this feature: it is expensive
i agree, no reasons to use blockchain in streaming platforms.
Need calculate what more expensive: buying nw hardware or pay subscription.
What about ping?

ClassyDancer

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:22:25 AM

I doubt this kind of service will be for free. Upkeep cost of the virtual machines of this performance will surely be quite high even for Google.
For me it certainly looks promising as I don`t plan to upgrade my PC to gaming performance level.

But according to the post, all you need is an internet connection. Some even predict that htis will mark the beginning of the end for gaming consoles. it's gaming made more accessible to everyone.
https://nordic.businessinsider.com/google-projectstream-cloud-service-could-mark-beginning-end-game-consoles-2018-10/
Coin_Dozer

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:08:38 AM

I love to game on line and u r right to upgrade your pic every 5 to5 months gets expensive just to keep up with the graphics and then there is that ping or lag that is the killer in RPGs gaming so this new streaming Idia might be worth the extra monthly fee...SIGN ME up.   Lol
Veerashanka

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:34:52 PM

At october 1st, Google announced the launch of "Project Stream": An experimental project to test the potential of Streaming technology.
This time, Google is trying to take that "Streaming Tech" to the Next level and make a Cloud Gaming Platform, which will, basically, allow
people to play titles like the new "Assassin's Creed: Oddyssey (2018)" at FULL HD 1080P/60FPS via Chrome Browser AND without having locally
the hardware required to run it.

Sounds interesting, right? All you'll need is to have is a 25MB/s connection, because you'll be watching a streaming of a game that will be rendered
actually in the Google Computers and to which you'll have remote access to control (something like TeamViewer but in full HD and totally LIVE)

At this moment, they are choosing some people from the US to try the beta.
Here you'll find more information on how to join: https://blog.google/technology/developers/pushing-limits-streaming-technology/
And Here's also a test gameplay they did using their interactive video streaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE53eSbzxoU

I don't know how revolutionizing or profitable it will be but I think it's a good developement because the flexibilities it may give to people whose
systems can't run high-requirements games or apps but are able to afford a decent internet connection. Imagine, instead of buying the games
and expensive hardware to run it, you just buy a suscription to stream the game.

What do you guys think about it? Do you imagine any application of the blockchain for this?

Sounds cool, it also if Google provides free WiFi everywhere
axel20

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:19:48 PM

I'm not a gamer, nor have I heard of this, but good luck to them.  Hopefully it works out.  If not, the market will take care of that (think Google Wave).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: