Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:12:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate Xapo?  (Read 779 times)
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:55:26 PM

People don't hate xapo its like they feel more insecure in web wallets. Most of the people use coinbase and blockchain.info as online wallet and their service is enough however xapo lack some promotion and to get big investor like coinbase and other wallet. I remember i have one xapo account without any bitcoin in them.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:12:22 PM

People don't hate xapo its like they feel more insecure in web wallets. Most of the people use coinbase and blockchain.info as online wallet and their service is enough however xapo lack some promotion and to get big investor like coinbase and other wallet. I remember i have one xapo account without any bitcoin in them.
Xapo is pretty secure because they requires 2FA from your phone for every transactions made, which is one of the most secure protection available right now Wink

I personally don't recommend Xapo because of their customer support availability, most of the time their support took few days just to answer a simple questions Tongue

One day my phone got stolen along with my Xapo 2FA in it, and it took me 2 days for the support to answer my problem and then I never heard another reply from the anymore, guess they gone somewhere Grin

Luckily I managed to transfer my mobile phone number to a new SIM card from my provider and I received the 2FA via SMS message instead, I withdrawn all of my coins and store it inside desktop wallet instead, more secure and I don't have to deal with it anymore

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 3462

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 01:23:43 PM

Personally, I had a bad first experience with them. There was a promo back then (on one of the websites) that if xapo based BTCitcoin address were used, there will be some good extra rewards and I created one and availed the reward but the next time I logged back, there was a message saying my account was blocked due to my geographical location therefor I wasn't able to use it fully but they tend to control every action (more like centralized nature) but others don't.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████