Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:40:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts about KYC  (Read 279 times)
Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 02:02:21 PM

Many avoid KYC because they do not want to disclose personal information. But attackers get all the necessary information that we leave living in a centralized world. I know that bank employees can sell your data to fake a loan, etc. So when I hear people avoid KYC fearing for their data, I smile.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:13:40 PM

Many avoid KYC because they do not want to disclose personal information. But attackers get all the necessary information that we leave living in a centralized world. I know that bank employees can sell your data to fake a loan, etc. So when I hear people avoid KYC fearing for their data, I smile.
Why are you get a smile? maybe you think that even the bank can do a shitty activity just like crypto?
I do KYC but only those trusted companies just like they are trusted for a year(s), I don't hesitate to reveal my real identity and personal data as well. But if you say ICO's project, well, I don't want to involve on that kind of asking information maybe they are exit sam.

vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:11:59 AM

Not only bank employees that steals individual data for fake bank loans; have you ever been to the dark web? That is their number one scam method.
Though, t's okay to avoid KYC  cause of security purposes yet some of all this genuine exchanges are demanding for KYC for their own safety and countries policy too. 
Ave_Maximus (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:25:44 PM

How can we avoid kyc? the only thing that I know - to use exchangers and make small swaps there. and what about fiat exchanges?
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 05:42:54 AM

I'm personally against it because it defeats the whole purpose of crypto.

I'm not of that believe.

You always have a choice, and in case you choose to KYC verify yourself in order to utilize the services provided by a centralized exchange, then that's perfectly fine. It's the easiest way to enter Bitcoin, and once you actually own your coins, you can do whatever you want with them.

The purpose of crypto being decentralized and anti centralized entities isn't something that's forced upon people. I'm pretty certain that the far majority of the people don't even care about that. People just want to go in and out of exchanges and bank on what this market has to offer in terms of speculation.

There is a thing called "Bitcoin Neutrality" it's a standard that is independent of our desires and expectation. Yes, no one is forced to fully protect their privacy or anonymity. However, I'd stand with @OmegaStarScream It is sort of defeats the purpose of crypto. The cryptocurrency underlying technology is able to scale and support a decentralized and trustless manner, I believe it built with the spirit of that. Because of that, I felt its kind of sad to not utilizing/maximizing the cryptocurrencies features.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 11:18:54 AM

Well, I sent my KYC to some exchanges, the first on is Bittrex, I trust them because they are a registered company in the US which has strict regulation about customer data, so I don't think I need to worry about it. And the other exchanges I sent KYC is Indodax, an Indonesian Crypto Exchanges also have registered company in Indonesia, (the country where I lived) so I shouldn't worry about that either. As long as the company has registered in a country that has a clear legal regulation regarding customer data.

And I do think it helps, especially to avoid money laundering, and illegal activity using crypto.

Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 07:25:30 AM

Not only bank employees that steals individual data for fake bank loans; have you ever been to the dark web? That is their number one scam method.
Though, t's okay to avoid KYC  cause of security purposes yet some of all this genuine exchanges are demanding for KYC for their own safety and countries policy too. 
I have no problem with KYC. Make small exchanges on services without registration, but you need to take that each exchanger has its own KYC threshold.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: