Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:07:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining  (Read 348284 times)
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:47:38 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2016, 05:22:34 PM by traumschiff

I've never seen one of the steemit guys advising anyone to buy in. The OP doesn't even contain links to exchanges. Instead, it promotes the free signups.

Your definition of a fair currency distribution wasn't met, you made that point clear. It would've been possible to do so without showing that you have no idea of what steem is in the first place.
Let me highlight this gem, to add it to the historical records  Kiss
you might want to migrate to an official steem forum.

If you would have read half of my comments you wouldn't have wasted time on this wall of bullshit. Sugar coating, avoiding and giving out free lunch money only works with people who have no income and are uneducated.

Everyone has read your comments until you started repeating yourself and making invalid points that have already been proven otherwise.

Run along now the adults are talking.

You never invalidated any of my points. Anyone with half a brain can read through our convo here and decide.

Talking around something or trying to give it a new definition doesn't count as invalidating.

You assume there is some "old definition" that is objective and universally agreed upon.  Please, define some terms. It is impossible to reason with someone who refuses to actually define terms in an objective way. Once we have some terms defined, then we can look for logical constancy or inconsistency in positions.

Kind of funny how you use the word objective, while the only one in this conversation who isn't biased to this project (or to any competitor) is me. The only one refusing to be objective here is you, since you are paid to contribute to this project and to this thread.

I am calling the launch methods (relaunch after miners crashed, lack of instructions, wallets) very shady, I am also calling the description of the previous ANNs shady together with the "no premine/no instamine and fair launch" and I am also stating that every investor who dares to touch the project on exchanges will get dumped on while you are converting STEEM to BTC to fund your work. I am also calling the lack of information about these in this (now 4th) ANN shady. I am being 100% objective while stating this and I have exactly 0 hidden agendas while doing so, because I am not invested in any competitor project and I am just here because I follow the development of altcoins.

You got a problem with my objectivity? How about yours? I will keep repeating these things until you start to understand them. Nothing you stated in the half page wall of text you responded before actually invalidates or answers these points. You can write "b-b-but we need funding somehow.... w-w-we mined them and we also work for them" all you want, but that doesn't change the fact on how your shares were mined or how you fail to give proper information for any potential investor in the current ANN thread.

To say something positive aswell, the project itself, the codebase and everything else would be good and it would have a future.  The way you chose to run the "funding" of the project (which is also explained in the blogpost) is against the general idea of crypto-currencies and fairness. So many projects didn't need to do it, so many developers managed to rent miners (hash) or whatever, because they knew that they will stick to their project and it will be worth a lot more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Barack Obama

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:13:37 PM

the only "legendary" title you deserve is "legendary douchebag".

you're starting to sound like spoetnik.  get a life moron.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:15:14 PM

Cry

testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:24:23 PM

I think we can skip the post from newbie account created specially for this post.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
thereverseflash

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 07:00:03 PM

Kind of funny how you use the word objective, while the only one in this conversation who isn't biased to this project (or to any competitor) is me. The only one refusing to be objective here is you, since you are paid to contribute to this project and to this thread.

I am calling the launch methods (relaunch after miners crashed, lack of instructions, wallets) very shady, I am also calling the description of the previous ANNs shady together with the "no premine/no instamine and fair launch" and I am also stating that every investor who dares to touch the project on exchanges will get dumped on while you are converting STEEM to BTC to fund your work. I am also calling the lack of information about these in this (now 4th) ANN shady. I am being 100% objective while stating this and I have exactly 0 hidden agendas while doing so, because I am not invested in any competitor project and I am just here because I follow the development of altcoins.

You got a problem with my objectivity? How about yours? I will keep repeating these things until you start to understand them. Nothing you stated in the half page wall of text you responded before actually invalidates or answers these points. You can write "b-b-but we need funding somehow.... w-w-we mined them and we also work for them" all you want, but that doesn't change the fact on how your shares were mined or how you fail to give proper information for any potential investor in the current ANN thread.

To say something positive aswell, the project itself, the codebase and everything else would be good and it would have a future.  The way you chose to run the "funding" of the project (which is also explained in the blogpost) is against the general idea of crypto-currencies and fairness. So many projects didn't need to do it, so many developers managed to rent miners (hash) or whatever, because they knew that they will stick to their project and it will be worth a lot more.

You keep making false claims:

1. There was one ANN thread for the initial launch
2. There was one for the relaunch
3. There is this thread  (this thread is really about steemit.com vs the steem blockchain)
4. I haven't made any other threads (so your facts are wrong).

Second you keep making false claims about the need for relaunch, anyone who looks at the github commits will see the legitimate hard-fork-creating bug that necessitated the reset.
Third you admit that you will just keep repeating yourself rather than help to define terms
Forth by your definition, objectivity is impossible for anyone who gets paid, while you defend your objectivity with ad hominem attacks.
Fith you keep making false claims about our ownership, which has been transparent and stands at 57% at this point in time (not the 80%+ numbers you throw around).

I am also stating that every investor who dares to touch the project on exchanges will get dumped on while you are converting STEEM to BTC to fund your work.

Aside from the "derogatory" / "inflammatory" use of the word "dump" to describe the process of selling our stake to make profits that we can reinvest in ourselves to continue improving steem.  We will sell our stake, take the profits to cover our work.  But you ignore entirely the value of the work we have and will continue to do.  But just to make you happy, I have no problem adding a line to the main page revealing that steemit owns 57% of all STEEM at this point in time.

Are you fast enough?
Mysterion

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 08:53:04 PM

3. There is this thread  (this thread is really about steemit.com vs the steem blockchain)

steemit owns 57% of all STEEM at this point in time.

That sounds like at least 2 threads too much. Intentionally or not idgaf but explain why you would want to separate info about the platform from info about the token? It seems you're pretty proud of the technological backbone that is underlying steemit. I for one am confused to bring the two projects together if I have to cross check several places to get all the info.

Why are you posting as reverseflash one time and bytemaster another time? And why not originally start the thread with the account linked to Bitshares?

It's buried somewhere deep in my history, but can someone link that blog post where the steem dev meticulously explains how to properly instamine your own coin?

Anyway, price is falling day by day, maybe I'll pick some up at 1000 sat which is a fair valuation for a brand new coin with 42 Million supply.

pharesim

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 12:36:36 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 12:48:27 AM by pharesim

3. There is this thread  (this thread is really about steemit.com vs the steem blockchain)

steemit owns 57% of all STEEM at this point in time.

That sounds like at least 2 threads too much. Intentionally or not idgaf but explain why you would want to separate info about the platform from info about the token? It seems you're pretty proud of the technological backbone that is underlying steemit. I for one am confused to bring the two projects together if I have to cross check several places to get all the info.

Why are you posting as reverseflash one time and bytemaster another time? And why not originally start the thread with the account linked to Bitshares?

It's buried somewhere deep in my history, but can someone link that blog post where the steem dev meticulously explains how to properly instamine your own coin?

Anyway, price is falling day by day, maybe I'll pick some up at 1000 sat which is a fair valuation for a brand new coin with 42 Million supply.

By then the supply will be a lot higher, so you'll have to redo your math.

The two threads make a lot of sense.
Steemit is one service utilizing steem. Basically a GUI, and others are in development already.
Some guys from steemit have developed steem, and still work on it, but that's not what the OP is about.

By the way @traumschiff, they rented miners. A lot of them, on AWS. That's how they got their stake. Anyone who knew about the relaunch was able to mine at that time, and it shouldn't have been too difficult because it was the 2nd try. Not many people mined for different reasons, what helped steemit to reach their goal of mining 80% of the supply at that time. They even shut down some of their miners at one point to give other miners more blocks.
Now, about 2 months later, those initial 80% went down to 57%. Give it another couple of months and they'll be mostly out.
Personally, I prefer that method to an ICO, because there you always include a risk of a complete loss because the product isn't delivered. You only listed those where it worked, not the myriads of real scams that used your preferred way.

The steem blockchain is there, and does what it is expected to. Steemit will sell off over the next time as announced. Investors need to do their own research, and you're definitely not helping anyone by throwing around false numbers. If you read the whitepaper, you'd be aware that a typical investment in STEEM means committing to that investment for one year. By then steemit sales will be mostly over, and to predict what will happen in the long term you have to evaluate the product, not the early days. Anyone buying STEEM speculating to sell quick at a rise hasn't done the tiniest amount of research and shouldn't be considered an investor, but a hardcore gambler.
Steemed

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 04:18:20 AM

I think we can skip the post from newbie account created specially for this post.

No that account is 6 months old. Look at the creation date.

This account "Steemed" was created just now so others wouldn't squat on my name. I'm the witness named "Steemed" for the coin STEEM.

It's good to have a healthy discussion about this coin with plenty of skepticism. I'd probably give an extended opinion, but I'm biased in favor of the coin now, so I'll be accused of being a shill.

But, at the risk of looking like a shill, I will say that I think the skeptics will be proven wrong. The coin has managed to attract a great community going in slack. There are ways to contribute besides buying the coin. The easiest way is to post to the Steem block chain.

In fact, I encourage any skeptic who wants to "stick it to these devs" to post where it hurts, right on the STEEM block chain. Coins don't die, so your words will be immortal, your wisdom timeless, your work preserved, and maybe even rewarded. What better way to assert your scambustertude than posting right on the block chain of the coin you want to bust?
Steemed

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 04:30:10 AM

You never invalidated any of my points.

Do you mind succinctly enumerating your points in a summary? I'm sure I can read them in your posts, but to avoid any confusion on my part, a list would help tremendously.

I'll cross post it to the Steem block chain for you as my witness account steemed. That means I promise to match your effort, more or less.
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 04:32:36 AM

I just love this platform and the idea behind it
fuznutts

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:47:03 PM

Just a quick updated:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1470527.new#new <--- will direct you to the Steemplatform where you can ask questions and give comments like you are doing here (only potentially get rewarded for it). 

We also have a hangout tomorrow with the bitshares community if you would like to join in!  If not the above link will be a good place to ask/comment and I will look at these comments to update.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:33:46 AM

I'm trying to create an account on steemit and seem to be unable to do so. Initially, I tried signing up through reddit, and it returned error: verified facebook account required. I then went back and signed up through my facebook account, and got the same error message. I assume this is something on your guys' end, but please let me know if there is a workaround so I can make an account, because I love the concept behind this project.
pharesim

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:29:47 AM

Try again anytime, the site is under heavy development.

If you got STEEM already, there's the register bot. You need a key pair for that, which can be obtained from steemd. When you don't have access to a steemd, you could go the long route and get a BTS key like described in the extended version of the register bot post
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 07:00:34 AM

seriously guys.
please fix the account creation form and my account.
I gave 2 different passwords and accidently clicked on submit and it submitted.
it took the first one with less then 16 characters and now I can't log in with facebook any more and new creation is not possible as well...
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 07:44:31 AM

How we can mining IT in Windows? Tnx
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:03:24 AM

There is no Windows build. Your alternatives are:

1. Figure out how to compile the source code on Windows using msys2 or something.

2. Run Linux in a VM (VirtualBox, etc.)

valzav

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 10:28:35 AM

I'm trying to create an account on steemit and seem to be unable to do so. Initially, I tried signing up through reddit, and it returned error: verified facebook account required. I then went back and signed up through my facebook account, and got the same error message. I assume this is something on your guys' end, but please let me know if there is a workaround so I can make an account, because I love the concept behind this project.
Yes, this was a bug on our end. It's fixed already, please try to create an account again, this is the link https://steemit.com/create_account
Don't hesitate to send me PM if something doesn't work.
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:21:30 PM

1. Figure out how to compile the source code on Windows using msys2 or something.

thanks, where i can find source ..i want try to compile it thanks
valzav

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:30:24 PM

thanks, where i can find source ..i want try to compile it thanks

https://github.com/steemit/steem
steem

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:18:34 PM

Do you allow to reblog posts from another blog?
is the pay only according to how a post is voted?
I can blog, but I wonder if this would waste my time?

Thanks for your questions.

The platform can encompass any content, whether it was originally yours or reposted.

Voters and posters are rewarded by the chain, similar to how miners are rewarded for securing the network.

The earlier someone up votes a post that becomes popular, the more the blockchain rewards them.

I invite you to come try out blogging on the site. You can develop an open channel, called a Streem, to manage a community of topical discussion, or you can develop your own blog through the handle you create.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: