Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:28:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136760 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 09:11:32 PM

Very nice opening of the match (previous match had a nice ending).

Second Brexit this week?

Brussels (Belgium) has to kick out Wales first (Shouldn't be too hard for the Red Devils)...

But... next match will be against France...

Iceland against Belgium would be a hell of a finale...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:50:52 AM

Feeling super proud of iceland after the game.

Sportset.io was accepting bitcoin bets for the game and returned 8 times your bet if you put money on iceland.

Awesome
Crypto*Digger

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 12:10:21 PM

I wonder if all the political and economical instability will bring a so long waited rise of national digital tokens Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★  E S P E R S  ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
░▒▓▓▓▓    S E C U R E - E M A I L  ★  S I T E S - O N - B L O C K C H A I N  ★  P R O O F - O F - R E L I A B I L I T Y    ▓▓▓▓▒░
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ★    ANN   |  CRYPTOCODERZ   |  TWITTER   |  FACEBOOK   |  EMAIL   |  EXPLORER     ★     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 06:56:56 PM

Looks like a perfect timing for coming back to the top again. Is there any roadmap for development ?

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 10:24:37 PM

Looks like a perfect timing for coming back to the top again. Is there any roadmap for development ?

Hi myhoho

There are plans to clean up the wallet code a bit, not sure if any new features will be implemented but perhaps get a better look and feel to the qt wallet.

There are plans to add QR code scanner (camera function) to the Hive wallet https://webwallet.auroracoin.is/ and get a working Schildbach Android wallet up and running.

Third is to get a merchant solutions going that will pay merchants in Icelandic Krona.

I'm not sure what I can talk about concerning other projects at this point in time but summer vacation is delaying all production until August I guess.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
adamastor

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:59:20 AM

Global crash coming, krona carnage carnival.

Is auroracoin ready for it?
adamastor

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:53:12 PM

Hey guys I'm selling rands roubles pounds and dollars for auroracoin
 Inbox me if you keen
MarsResident

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:30:21 AM

How do I mine this coin if I have never mined coins before
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:22:42 AM

Hi guys,

What is current development of this coin please?
How is Island exchange working, how many people using it?

Thank you
dinobotta

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:06:22 AM

Hi guys,

Thank you

Hi Conqueror

There are plans to clean up the wallet code a bit, not sure if any new features will be implemented but perhaps get a better look and feel to the qt wallet.

There are plans to add QR code scanner (camera function) to the Hive wallet https://webwallet.auroracoin.is/ and get a working Schildbach Android wallet up and running.

Third is to get a merchant solutions going that will pay merchants in Icelandic Krona.

I'm not sure what I can talk about concerning other projects at this point in time but summer vacation is delaying all production until August I guess.

In other news, lots of work has been put into promotional efforts, that will hopefully come to fruition in the coming weeks. Summer vacation has taken its toll where it seems that no one in the dev team takes the same week off for holiday.

Regarding the exchange https://isx.is/ there are ~700 registered users (0.2% of the Icelandic population) and there have not been any hiccups in its operations and everything runs smoothly.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:39:32 AM

Hi guys,

Thank you

Hi Conqueror

In other news, lots of work has been put into promotional efforts, that will hopefully come to fruition in the coming weeks. Summer vacation has taken its toll where it seems that no one in the dev team takes the same week off for holiday.

Regarding the exchange https://isx.is/ there are ~700 registered users (0.2% of the Icelandic population) and there have not been any hiccups in its operations and everything runs smoothly.

Thank you for update! Actually considering buying some again.
Will watch the chart a bit more and see.
Thanks again!
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:07:00 PM

Nice short doc on Auroracoin here :

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/auroracoin
dinobotta

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:48:18 PM

We are in the news again: http://www.vb.is/frettir/vice-synir-mynd-um-auroracoin/129183/

Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:06:44 PM

An article from Vice about Auroracoin.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-new-currency-at-the-end-of-the-world
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:14:06 PM

I am interested in Auroracoin but often heard of it as being a scam.

Why do people say Auroracoin is/was a scam? As it has been a free airdrop among all of Iceland's citizens, I cannot see how this could be a scam?

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:58:53 PM

Why do people say Auroracoin is/was a scam? As it has been a free airdrop among all of Iceland's citizens, I cannot see how this could be a scam?

There was tremendous pump at dump at the very beginning.
Lot of butthurts yelling scam. I call it free market.
This coin is legit project, especially now under new team.
Skarfur

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:19:39 PM

Yes I would say that is the main foundation of the scam yelling along with the creator's anonymity.

This pump and dump had nothing to do with the developers at the time. There were just some unrealistic expectations that there would just be a bang and all of a sudden Auroracoin would be instantly adopted in Iceland. This of course could or would never happen as this takes hard dedicated work for a long period of time. The bank crash in 2008, capital controls and the airdrop are just factors to give Auroracoin a good head start. So I guess a lot of people got burned in the initial hype and the fact that the creator was/is anonymous and initially had control over 50% of the total coin supply that was premined was just a breeding ground for scam accusations. I myself was worried that something might surface that would prove these accusations correct but it never did and I would never had started to dedicate myself to this project, put my name and face behind it if there was anything that would have indicated that this project was not authentic. I believe that all the other guys who are dedicating themselves on this project with me would say the same.

m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 11:49:24 PM

Yes I would say that is the main foundation of the scam yelling along with the creator's anonymity.

This pump and dump had nothing to do with the developers at the time. There were just some unrealistic expectations that there would just be a bang and all of a sudden Auroracoin would be instantly adopted in Iceland. This of course could or would never happen as this takes hard dedicated work for a long period of time. The bank crash in 2008, capital controls and the airdrop are just factors to give Auroracoin a good head start. So I guess a lot of people got burned in the initial hype and the fact that the creator was/is anonymous and initially had control over 50% of the total coin supply that was premined was just a breeding ground for scam accusations. I myself was worried that something might surface that would prove these accusations correct but it never did and I would never had started to dedicate myself to this project, put my name and face behind it if there was anything that would have indicated that this project was not authentic. I believe that all the other guys who are dedicating themselves on this project with me would say the same.

Thanks to both of you for explaining. Out of all arguments for seeing the early Auroracoin as a scam, I can see how having an anonymous inventor holding 50% of the premine can be dangerous. I thought the initial coin supply was equally being distributed among all citizens that claimed their coins.

Anyhow I agree with you and wish you the best of luck! I think Iceland provides favorable circumstances that can help adopting crypto among the general public.

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:47:02 AM

Early Auroracoin price spike was not pump and dump. It was supply and demand. Baldur was the first to do the airdrop distribution method, which seemed like a genius solution to achieving critical mass.

The supply of Auroracoin was severely restricted at the very beginning, and lots of people wanted a piece of the action. Once Airdrop #1 happened coin supply exploded and price dropped accordingly.
Skarfur

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:23:02 PM

Thanks to both of you for explaining. Out of all arguments for seeing the early Auroracoin as a scam, I can see how having an anonymous inventor holding 50% of the premine can be dangerous. I thought the initial coin supply was equally being distributed among all citizens that claimed their coins.

Anyhow I agree with you and wish you the best of luck! I think Iceland provides favorable circumstances that can help adopting crypto among the general public.

The premine was being distributed to the Icelandic public. The creator however had to hold the funds while it was being distributed for for a whole year. It was done in 3 phases where in each phase people had a chance to claim. The first phase was quite successful where there were claims for over 35.000 individuals (over 10% of our nation). There was a facebook scam where 700 claims were made by a scammer and of course there is some part where you have some people claiming for whole families and then selling it directly but the bulk of all the claims were authentic. Even if you would say that half of all the claims would be lost you still have a major! distribution within a single nation and not to mention all the publicity that the currency had here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: