Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136760 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Trukkur

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:35:22 PM

I hope there will be more sell orders on isx.is in october Smiley

I want to sell some ISK for more Aur Smiley

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:40:31 PM

I have a question which I hope someone can answer: can owners of Auroracoin take legal action against other parties just like a company would sue another party?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

By owners do you mean users who have acquired and hold some Auroracoins?

And what kind of legal actions are you talking about and in what case?

I mean take legal action against reserve banks on behalf of auroracoin as a "shareholder" claiming anti competitive behaviour has damaged my "business".
I did some reading on juristic persons. Is Auroracoin a juristic person. Ie. Can it sue?
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 03:48:16 PM

I did some reading on juristic persons. Is Auroracoin a juristic person. Ie. Can it sue?

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but no, Adam, Auroracoin is (like any other decentralized currency) no juristic entity (person). Only true persons or legal corporations can be.

Auroracoin itself is, juridically, best compared with a movement. The movement itself can in no way be held accountable for anything legally. Any person that acts within the movement on its own can be though. This still will be that one person's entity suing (or being sued), not the movement.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
DeadBirdzz

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 04:09:07 PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 05:21:40 PM

I have a question which I hope someone can answer: can owners of Auroracoin take legal action against other parties just like a company would sue another party?

I mean take legal action against reserve banks on behalf of auroracoin as a "shareholder" claiming anti competitive behaviour has damaged my "business".

Just because you did some reading does not make you a lawyer, does it?

You are the attention seeker from South Africa who is always trying to involve Aurora Coin in your dramas.

Roll Eyes
adamastor

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 05:51:10 PM

Just because you did some reading does not make you a lawyer, does it?

You are the attention seeker from South Africa who is always trying to involve Aurora Coin in your dramas.

Roll Eyes

It struck me that crYpto has disrupted the financial system and the political system but it has done very little to disrupt the legal system.

Maybe this is because alot of investment has gone into startups that focus on financial tech but no one has focused oN legal reform.

Instead the only legal content available has come from governments trying to define bitcoin. What I'm looking for is to use crypto to challenge the current legal system in the courts.

adamastor

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 05:56:11 PM

Another perspective us on ask: does the governmenet of iceland regulate Auroracoin and how?

Furthermore what obligation does the government have to regulate auroracoin transactions in Iceland and is the government in the wrong if it doesn't regulate Auroracoin?
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 06:12:20 PM

Those are legitimate questions Adam, so I'll try to answer them to the best of my limited legal knowledge.

I personally don't think chasing a legal path to fight the established elite (i.e. banks and governments) will do much good in getting Auroracoin anywhere. Fortunately (as I explained a couple of posts back) Auroracoin is no legal entity to engage in such legal battles anyway.

Politically, our movement has a good position in Iceland though. You might know that this year there were numerous events that clearly show the people of Iceland have chosen a path of questioning the establishment. This creates a unique opportunity in the political landscape, enabling Iceland to become the first country in the world that is lead by a "anti establishment" party. It happens so that this party has already shown to be very supportive of alternative, blockchain based, currencies.

So, in stead of discussing and pursuing legal routes, I would say, lets get the majority of the people behind us, by means of democratically chosen representatives.

adamastor

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 06:41:43 PM

Those are legitimate questions Adam, so I'll try to answer them to the best of my limited legal knowledge.

I personally don't think chasing a legal path to fight the established elite (i.e. banks and governments) will do much good in getting Auroracoin anywhere. Fortunately (as I explained a couple of posts back) Auroracoin is no legal entity to engage in such legal battles anyway.

Politically, our movement has a good position in Iceland though. You might know that this year there were numerous events that clearly show the people of Iceland have chosen a path of questioning the establishment. This creates a unique opportunity in the political landscape, enabling Iceland to become the first country in the world that is lead by a "anti establishment" party. It happens so that this party has already shown to be very supportive of alternative, blockchain based, currencies.

So, in stead of discussing and pursuing legal routes, I would say, lets get the majority of the people behind us, by means of democratically chosen representatives.

That's fine but at what point will legislation become an issue for auroracoin in iceland?
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 06:50:26 PM

Legislation has always been an issue for Auroracoin. It's basically what started it ;-) What I'm saying is that the defunct system that led to numerous financial crises in Iceland has also led to the creation of Auroracoin to offer the people an alternative based on true valuation of their holdings.

Looking at the current political landscape in Iceland, I would say upcoming elections might push legislation towards a favorable way of Auroracoin. Again, the movement of Auroracoin is closely embedded into the minds and thoughts of Icelanders. Once it gets political endorsement, things might become more clear.

Also, I might add that we already have had several official meetings with official Icelandic organs including the tax department and we have in writing that Auroracoin in no way is questionable to any legislation.

adamastor

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM

Legislation has always been an issue for Auroracoin. It's basically what started it ;-) What I'm saying is that the defunct system that led to numerous financial crises in Iceland has also led to the creation of Auroracoin to offer the people an alternative based on true valuation of their holdings.

Looking at the current political landscape in Iceland, I would say upcoming elections might push legislation towards a favorable way of Auroracoin. Again, the movement of Auroracoin is closely embedded into the minds and thoughts of Icelanders. Once it gets political endorsement, things might become more clear.

Also, I might add that we already have had several official meetings with official Icelandic organs including the tax department and we have in writing that Auroracoin in no way is questionable to any legislation.

Thanks LTEX.
Tai_Pan

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:10:04 PM

Hello.

I asked this on the contact form from the official website about a week ago but I got no answer.
So I'll try my luck here.
Do you know another qubit working pool for AUR besides strataspool?

Thank you very much.

mmkiwi

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:46:31 PM

Hello.

I asked this on the contact form from the official website about a week ago but I got no answer.
So I'll try my luck here.
Do you know another qubit working pool for AUR besides strataspool?

Thank you very much.
http://crypto.office-on-the.net:12355/static/

Russian guy hacked my account and put stupid DAV logo as my profile pic, also got me -1 negative trust feedback.
alex31

Activity: 93

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 01:39:50 PM

www.zpool.ca
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:21:46 PM

A nice article on Bitcoinist by Jack Tatar.

http://bitcoinist.net/iceland-election-interest-auroracoin/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Crypto-currencyViaAliHamzaOnInoreader+%28crypto-currency+via+Ali+Hamza+on+Inoreader%29
Trukkur

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 06:42:14 PM

Me and almost all of my family, friends and coworkers are gonna vote for the Pirate Party

I hope they win, it would be nice to have a chance to see a chance for once Smiley

Skarfur

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:58:53 PM

Yeah, I hope they will continue to get proper following. They are getting so much following now because people want to vote for change and the Pirate Party is the only party that is aiming to change how things are done not just how they would do things differently within the same old system.
Trukkur

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:24:52 PM

Yeah, I hope they will continue to get proper following. They are getting so much following now because people want to vote for change and the Pirate Party is the only party that is aiming to change how things are done not just how they would do things differently within the same old system.

My mother was talking to me about our corrupt monetary system. I told her about Auroracoin. Now she want's % of my rent that I pay her in Aur Smiley

dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:57:50 PM

My mother was talking to me about our corrupt monetary system. I told her about Auroracoin. Now she want's % of my rent that I pay her in Aur Smiley

This is the best thing I have heard for a while.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Skarfur

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:32:14 AM

Smart woman, your mother. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: