Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:25:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 04:35:26 PM

Cheap 10k sell order on ISX Smiley
Need to cash out some btc for rent deposit.

If you need BTC, wouldn't Bittrex be a better option?
No, I'm trying to sell my btc for Icelandic fiat, already bought some Aur on bittrex and put it for sale on ISX.

Ah, gotcha!  Smiley

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MikkiRefur

Activity: 78
Merit: 16

Auroracoin Community Development

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 05:31:21 PM

I hope you are correct, but everything seems to have gone very quiet in Auroracoinland.  The devs have not given us any updates on progress, either technical or promotional, for quite a while now.

It would be encouraging to hear something, anything, on what they are up to.

I'm going to break protocol about talking about developments.  We don't like talking about things that aren't released yet because we don't want to create hype, but we do have things in the works.

Wallet update should be out shortly which improves on loading times and other small things, as well as a new android wallet.  Both in testing.  An intermittent issue with the android wallet electrum connectivity is delaying that release, which we are troubleshooting currently.  There's also some 2 merchant solutions in the works, but it's slow going, as we are almost completely writing one of them from scratch.  The other is in testing and should be released at some point as well.  No firm ETA on anything at the moment.  We're not in a rush to release something just to release it.  We've had a lot of stuff near completion for a little while, but we're trying to be extremely diligent in bug testing before we tell the whole country "use this amazing thing" and then it fails at some point.

Promotional wise, the foundation members would need to speak to what they would like to disclose at this time or not.  I will say that from what we've discussed in private, there is a lot of interest in AUR in Iceland.

-Fuse

Thank you very much indeed for this update, it really is greatly appreciated.

I agree with you in principle about keeping things quiet until they are released in order to avoid hype; that is the right approach.  Just occasionally though a few hints on progress can help to maintain community interest and steady investors nerves. You have done well with this little update.

Very glad to hear that you are focusing on quality of output and not speed of output.  Please do continue to take your time over this stuff and get it right from day one; more haste less speed and all that.

Interesting that you are working on two merchant solutions; why would that be, I wonder ??   Huh   I'm happy to wait for the surprise!!

Keep up the good work.

another merchant solution is an online shopping plugin for auroracoin payments !!   one shop is coming online soon - just an issue of production server configurations.

also there is a group independent from the foundation that will be building up downtown adoption / awareness.

mikki
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:34:56 PM

Anybody merge mining AUR with UIS?

It should be possible on Qubit and Skein. But I recommend experimenting with Skein.
http://unitus.online/getstarted

zpool is for sure

Do you have link to that pool please?
Icebucket

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:48:20 PM

my wallet is stuck, it shows that there is no block source available :/
how do I fix that ?

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
MikkiRefur

Activity: 78
Merit: 16

Auroracoin Community Development

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 09:26:03 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2017, 04:50:26 PM by MikkiRefur

my wallet is stuck, it shows that there is no block source available :/
how do I fix that ?

Sounds like it could be an outdated client wallet.  

PM me for more help.   I will type up the results in a follow up post.

-mikki

Follow-up - Icebucket installed the latest client, replaced wallet.dat file with previous version, synced blockchain, and working fine with all coins showing up.

-mikki
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:27:17 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2017, 09:38:32 AM by dinobotta

Central bank of Iceland is speculating on crypto's as national currency in the future. I will be there later today.

http://www.sedlabanki.is/utgefid-efni/vidburdir/nanar/2017/02/09/Verdur-Bitcoin-fyrirmynd-rafraenna-thjodargjaldmidla

Will Bitcoin give rise to new forms of central bank money?

Seminar on the question: Will Bitcoin give rise to new forms of central bank money?

This subject will be discussed in a seminar in Sölvhóll, the conference room in the Central Bank onThursday, February 9, at 11:00 hrs. Speakers will be Jón Helgi Egilsson and Sveinn Valfells, Ph.D.

Abstract:
A growing number of central banks, including those of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, the UK, Russia, China and India, are investigating the feasibility of issuing central bank digital currency (CBDC) using the blockchain distributed ledger technology pioneered by Bitcoin. CBDC would complement other forms of central bank money currently in circulation. A monetary regime with CBDC has never existed anywhere, mainly because the technology to make it feasible has not been available. In a recent report, researchers at the Bank of England claim that a CBDC regime could offer economic benefits; for example, it could increase output, help stabilise the business cycle, and foster financial stability.

In this workshop, we present an overview of the Bitcoin architecture and a model of the embedded economic incentives. We discuss research findings concerning CBDC to date and analyse some of the challenges central banks face in adopting blockchains.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Fragbait

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:07:13 PM

A growing number of central banks, including those of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, the UK, Russia, China and India, are investigating the feasibility of issuing central bank digital currency (CBDC) using the blockchain distributed ledger technology pioneered by Bitcoin.

They should soon realize the feasibility is not there at all. Unless 7 transactions per second or w/e is enough for them.
dinobotta

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:58:20 AM

A growing number of central banks, including those of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, the UK, Russia, China and India, are investigating the feasibility of issuing central bank digital currency (CBDC) using the blockchain distributed ledger technology pioneered by Bitcoin.

They should soon realize the feasibility is not there at all. Unless 7 transactions per second or w/e is enough for them.

It was an interesting talk at the Central bank yesterday.

They were going over the blockchain/Bitcoin technology and what central banks around the world are doing. Ending up suggesting that perhaps the Icelandic Central bank should start issuing the Icelandic currency (ISK) on a blockchain.

I ended up talking to the to Jón Helgi Egilsson, vice chairman of the Icelandic Central Bank, after the meeting. He was enthusiastic of plowing the field of issuing the national currency of Iceland on a blockchain. We discussed the limitations of Bitcoin transaction volume and other challenges of Bitcoins and how it might effect their project.

I explained to him how a Auroracoin project was doing and he seemed impressed of our hard fork and what we were doing in general with the Auroracoin project, even though it is a blatant "fork off" of the ISK. He suggested that the Central bank might need further information on our project and what we are doing, to help them on their journey to issue the ISK on a blockchain.

Hopefully we can build on this relations and influence the Central Bank of Iceland

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:39:11 AM

They were going over the blockchain/Bitcoin technology and what central banks around the world are doing. Ending up suggesting that perhaps the Icelandic Central bank should start issuing the Icelandic currency (ISK) on a blockchain.

I ended up talking to the to Jón Helgi Egilsson, vice chairman of the Icelandic Central Bank, after the meeting. He was enthusiastic of plowing the field of issuing the national currency of Iceland on a blockchain. We discussed the limitations of Bitcoin transaction volume and other challenges of Bitcoins and how it might effect their project.

I explained to him how a Auroracoin project was doing and he seemed impressed of our hard fork and what we were doing in general with the Auroracoin project, even though it is a blatant "fork off" of the ISK. He suggested that the Central bank might need further information on our project and what we are doing, to help them on their journey to issue the ISK on a blockchain.

Hopefully we can build on this relations and influence the Central Bank of Iceland

Surely the people need to make demands of their bankers. Demands like the bank should use auroracoin as a reserve asset for the krona.

Auroracoin doesn't have to be a hard fork of the krona it can help the krona in many ways
Fragbait

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:15:01 AM

Thanks for sharing this information. Did they mention reasons why using a blockchain for a national currency would be desirable?
preble

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 05:47:26 AM

It's just a matter of time before there is news in Iceland that will trigger large scale usage. I'm using this time before that happens to continue to accumulate. 5 exchanges are using this coin even though most of them don't have much volume but its still promising. See the rest of you at the end of the rainbow.
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:41:39 PM

Interesting news, but :

What is the advantage of issuing ISK on a bloackchain?
What timescale is envisaged for achieving this?
How will it impact on the adoption of Auroracoin?
Why would you want to influence the Central Bank of Iceland?  To what end?

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
dinobotta

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:43:26 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 09:03:12 AM by dinobotta

Interesting news, but :

What is the advantage of issuing ISK on a bloackchain?
What timescale is envisaged for achieving this?
How will it impact on the adoption of Auroracoin?
Why would you want to influence the Central Bank of Iceland?  To what end?

My understanding was that they are interested in getting rid of cash, lowering fees, not having to relay on Visa/MasterCard, get full transaction traceability, get easier clearing and settlement for banks and individuals etc.

They talked about the UK Central bank is looking at ~5 years and mentioned that in some interview with the Financial times the Swedish CB is looking at ~2years. They didn't mention when Iceland should do this just that they had to see where other CBs were going.

They didn't say anything about Auroracoin or its adoption but talked a bit about Bitcoins adoption globally.

I just suggested that if the CB goes on this road it would be interesting to me if they seek further information on projects such as ours, not saying they will, but if we can influence anything in the process it would be super cool.

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:30:49 AM

Getting rid of cash is the most stupid thing a country could do. It makes your whole economic infrastructure dependent on the power grid AND network infrastructure. For both you can't guarantee 100% uptime. Cryptos complement cash, not replace it.

adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 01:41:19 PM

Getting rid of cash is the most stupid thing a country could do. It makes your whole economic infrastructure dependent on the power grid AND network infrastructure. For both you can't guarantee 100% uptime. Cryptos complement cash, not replace it.

All this discussion by central banks is focusing on how to upgrade the existing system to compete against bitcoin but not how to work with bitcoin to make a better system

It's like they have shut out the possibility of using bitcoin/ auroracoin to their advantage from the start.

Based on the statements from the central bank of iceland it looks like they will completely ignore the possibilities of using auroracoin as a asset to back the krona.

When it comes to influence why not create a protest movement that demands the cB buys auroracoin
DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 01:47:15 PM

All this discussion by central banks is focusing on how to upgrade the existing system to compete against bitcoin but not how to use crypto to empower the current system.

It's like they have shut out the possibility of using bitcoin/ auroracoin to their advantage from the start.

Based on the statements from the central bank of iceland it looks like they will completely ignore the possibilities of using auroracoin as a asset to back the krona.

When it comes to influence why not create a protest movement that demands the cB buys auroracoin

Very interesting to see Auroracoin is still an issue in Iceland.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:52:59 PM

All this discussion by central banks is focusing on how to upgrade the existing system to compete against bitcoin but not how to work with bitcoin to make a better system

Hi adamastor,

Your comments have been more insightful lately then in the past. My compliments for that. We had some internal discussion regarding this CB meeting. This also shows that the foundation is positioning themselves as an authority on crypto/blockchain tech. I think this is a good development. It also shows the CB is a bit clueless on what can be done and what should be not (hence my previous comment). Even if the CB releases their own "i-krona" blockchain, they have the same trust record regarding ISK in terms of financial stability (which is poor and is the reason why AUR exists in the first place).

For now I don't see the CB people as the bad guys and I consider all options open. Mind that these are just initial talks.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 03:14:56 PM

I would also like to add that having our great representatives from the Aurarad foundation present at these meetings is really awesome! How many crypto initiatives do you know that have direct and frequent fundamental contact with central banks and government? Auroracoin does!

This is precisely why Auroracoin is so special folks, what would take Bitcoin or any other coin decades to achieve, Auroracoin is already realizing. Not only because we take the right action, but also because the targeted community is manageable in a way no other country can be!

Respect to my friends in Iceland!  Smiley

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:00:32 PM

Auroracoin is mentioned on Cointelegraph again:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/cointelegraphs-guide-to-national-altcoins-a-viable-local-alternative
preble

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:53:30 AM

I would also like to add that having our great representatives from the Aurarad foundation present at these meetings is really awesome! How many crypto initiatives do you know that have direct and frequent fundamental contact with central banks and government? Auroracoin does!

This is precisely why Auroracoin is so special folks, what would take Bitcoin or any other coin decades to achieve, Auroracoin is already realizing. Not only because we take the right action, but also because the targeted community is manageable in a way no other country can be!

Respect to my friends in Iceland!  Smiley

Auroracoin is beyond impressive in my humble opinion. Would the dev. team mind if I requested it to be on poloniex? https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: