Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:17:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheMiningPool.mine

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:06:44 PM

theminingpool.online

AuroraCoin [AUR] Added to TheMiningPool.online!

AuroraCoin [AUR]
stratum+tcp://theminingpoolstratum.selfip.com:3004

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MikkiRefur

Activity: 78
Merit: 16

Auroracoin Community Development

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 02:28:44 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 01:49:37 PM by MikkiRefur

So the foundation:
  • Ditched the Auroracoin brand
  • Sold the vast majority its Auroracoins
  • Repurposed the proceeds to fund things not directly related to the coin

Let's face it. You guys abandoned the project.

To be clear we have not abandoned the project.  If anyone has abandoned the project it would be the Icelanders that claimed their coins in 2014 and either sold the coins or have simply waited for other people to get involved without personally getting involved or contributing in any significant manner.

1.  The Auroracoin brand has clearly not been ditched.  Whatever that means.

2.  Yes, 80% of the Auroracoin holdings were sold to fund the Icelandic Blockchain Foundation, of which Auroracoin is a significant interest.  Aside from the CEO salary, none of the proceeds (ever) went to individuals or team members.

3.  Yes, as explained the funds were repurposed but it is not accurate to say these uses are not directly related to the coin.  

This decision to found the Icelandic Blockchain Foundation, maintaining Auroracoin as a primary working group within the Foundation ,
has done wonders for the legitimacy and objectivity within and without the foundation.  Especially in developer and legislative circles.

While your comments are well-founded and welcome they do not represent the reality of the situation.

If you would like to participate we would welcome your contributions.

Michael Hannes
MikkiRefur

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 02:38:19 PM

Hey guys.

Im happy to see the Auroracoin team evolve but the lack of communication really damages peoples faith in you.
I feel like you could have let people know you were going to liquidate before the event.

More Auroracoins still sit outside of Iceland than in and its the international market that sustains the price which is why Ive emphasised the role of international investors when the team was so hard headed about it being hermetically sealed in Iceland.

You failed to mention that the mining power behind Auroracoin is at an all time high.

What is being done to get Icelandic miners to mine Auroracoin?

Surely this will be a major objective for the IBF or do people think they are better off mining ethereum?

Hey Adamastor,

Thanks again for your input.  Yes, perhaps there could have been more communication... but then again, it probably was better to not announce the sale of the coins as so not to initiate an unwarranted panic within the space.

There are still 20% of the funds available - and those that were sold have been put to an extremely worthwhile cause.

Think about it.... Of all the things Auroracoin has accomplished, we can now add that it has funded the premier Blockchain Advocacy group within the nation of Iceland.

I was just in the offices a few days ago, just dropping in for a chat, and was cut short due to a meeting with a member of the national parliament.

This kind of objective exposure has done wonders for the legitimacy of Auroracoin within the tech community and various stakeholder communities as a whole.

We recognize that the majority of coins exist outside of Iceland and I, for one personally, have been working on building merchants, online retailers, and tourist destinations to accept auroracoins.... this is simply a long road that we are on, however one in which has shot up in exposure.

Yes, mining has been on the rise - again, I have been noticing this and it is part of active discussions we are having.

--------------

Lets touch base some more in a PM - I sent you a message.

Michael Hannes
MikkiRefur

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 02:49:06 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 01:51:38 PM by MikkiRefur

Took me a while to admit to myself but I came to the same conclusion. Unfortunately I cannot see what upsides AUR would have towards other coins like say BCH, DASH, ETH, XMR in the context of Iceland, neither for the potential people using those nor for the Cryptocurrency Foundation: I don't think many Icelanders claimed their AUR (I asume the claims were fraudulent to a large percentage) and if they did they turned around quickly and sold them. Another upside could be AUR being the sole coin traded on isx exchange, but I'm guessing this will change pretty soon?

For me the Auroracoin Project was an experiment to see if an airdrop to a geographically isolated population based on "one head one coin" could work to popularize the coin and get people to use it as money.

AUR was the most promising experiment in this direction as far as I know and I'm quite sad to see it finally fail. Some valuable lessons were learned.

It's been a fun, entertaining and educating ride and I thank everyone involved in the project, especially the people in Iceland doing real work. Thank you.

There's still some possibility the coin will survive in some meaningful way, but hope is getting thin... I can see how a shift of focus makes sense. The use of AUR funds given from premine may be questinable, but in the end: who cares...

Who cares ?   We care Smiley

Well, no one can say that you have not played an important role in the project.
 Thanks for keeping your Abe explorer up for all this time and providing airdrop statistics.

I think the thing is that many people have come to the conclusion that mass airdrops,
 in general, only lead to quick sell offs....  At this point though the debate is moot for Auroracoin.

However, Auroracoin has not failed... we are still working, growing and yes, pivoting (vertically) from our lessons.

New merchants are still being added and new relationships are being forged.  Again, on the scale of a tiny north atlantic nation.

I can say with 100% certainty that this idea to found the Icelandic Blockchain Foundation
 has been phenomenal in regards to Auroracoin legitimacy.  There is no longer a sense of "hidden agendas" due to the objective nature of the group.

We have seen a tenfold increase in local interest, and generally people have been
pleasantly surprised to find out that Auroracoin is still contending quite well, respectively speaking.

So keep those fingers crossed and keep an eye out for further developments.

adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:36:03 AM

Thanks mike I replied.

The team blocked access to the app to the entire country of South Africa because of their problems with me.

This is discrimination at its worst. Its punitive. Its almost sabotage from within.

Please allow south africans access to the app your decision to ban us looks immature and nothing more but a cheap reaction to display your power.

this decision shows that you have little good will for the ideals of crypto currency. Decentralisation and freedom of expression was destroyed when you banned an entire country from using your app.

Im disgusted but plead with you to reverse your decision.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:14:44 PM

Who cares ?   We care Smiley

This is good to hear ;-).

Sorry for sounding so negative before. I had been keeping my hopes up for AUR (and still do now) and had a temporary lapse of faith. I'm not talking about the value of my bag here (I decided long ago (and still stick to that decision) to go down holding that bag even if the ship sinks to the ground), and I hope that came across over time. My plan is to some day spend my AUR in Iceland. Either by buying a nice power plant or by buying a couple of beers, depending on where things go with Auroracoin.

Well, no one can say that you have not played an important role in the project.

Thanks for keeping your Abe explorer up for all this time and providing airdrop statistics.

"important" is an overstatement, but I am happy to play a small part and it is fun.

I've been running explorer.auroracoin.eu, been helping to keep the market "stable", been mining (at a loss) when we had the pool hopping troubles before multi-algo, tried to help a tiny bit with the code when I found issues and I've also been telling people IRL about the Auroracoin experiment here in germany. I always promote AUR as a "buy" when people ask me what altcoin they should get ;-).

I would love to help adoption in Iceland somehow, but that's hard to do from outside the country.

I think the thing is that many people have come to the conclusion that mass airdrops,
 in general, only lead to quick sell offs....  At this point though the debate is moot for Auroracoin.

However, Auroracoin has not failed... we are still working, growing and yes, pivoting (vertically) from our lessons.

New merchants are still being added and new relationships are being forged.  Again, on the scale of a tiny north atlantic nation.

I can say with 100% certainty that this idea to found the Icelandic Blockchain Foundation
 has been phenomenal in regards to Auroracoin legitimacy.  There is no longer a sense of "hidden agendas" due to the objective nature of the group.

We have seen a tenfold increase in local interest, and generally people have been
pleasantly surprised to find out that Auroracoin is still contending quite well, respectively speaking.

10-fold increase? How did you measure that and in what timeframe did that occur?

So keep those fingers crossed and keep an eye out for further developments.

:-)

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
z3x

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:23:52 AM

BITTREX:The BTC-AUR market will be delisted on 10/19/2018

very sad:(
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:47:07 AM

damn! But to be expected looking at the volume...

What BTC-AUR markets are left?

looks like it's just cryptopia and yobit, both with negligible volume.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
z3x

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:21:56 PM

It seems that way, shit.
anagamidev

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:22:32 PM

Yeah, but should ready for exit pump Cheesy
z3x

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:30:18 PM

Well, maybe the volumes will increase by yobit ,
 after closing trades on bittrex
MikkiRefur

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 03:49:23 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2018, 04:32:16 PM by MikkiRefur

Well, maybe the volumes will increase by yobit ,
 after closing trades on bittrex

Ironic as we have made some progress here with establishing a new group within the Icelandic Blockchain Foundation.

and ironic that auroracoin has brought so much to iceland, including funding the IBF, and we just havent found our voice yet.

which is why I have been building the auroracoin101 brand and signing up merchants and working with the dev and coin team.

===  for example, got a new merchant yesterday officially on board,   https://auroracoin101.is/merchants,  Bio Borgari  Organic Burgers.

We will also be building a merchant signup campaign from our recent merchant experiences...  market materials are being prepared, as well as merchant signage / brochures.

----------------

Well, i guess we will see where the price lands on ISX.is in Iceland.   There was always arbitrage going on with Bittrex,   so yobit and cryptopia will take over a bit, i suppose.

I guess in many ways the cheap prices will continue again until we start driving coin demand here in Iceland.

just trying to find the best way to offer a 10 or 20 % discount when paying with merchants.   there are some ideas.

----------------------------------

However, in my mind, as one of the top auroracoin advocates, contributor, and also founder of auroracoin101.is

the most important thing to do is to find our landing place with IBF and continue with current plans.

We expect a room full of attendees showing up Thursday, Oct 11, at the next IBF meetup...

with Auroracoin being discussed and team recruiting and building.

----------------------------------

michael hannes

toogoody

Activity: 588
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:37:14 AM

List of Auroracoin mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/auroracoin-sha
https://miningpoolstats.stream/auroracoin-scrypt
sawa
Legendary

Activity: 1308
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:30:33 AM

P2pool nodes scanners for:
[AUR](GROESTL) http://p2pool.top/scanner/aur-groestl/
[AUR](QUBIT) http://p2pool.top/scanner/aur-qubit/
[AUR](SCRYPT) http://p2pool.top/scanner/aur-scrypt/
[AUR](SHA256D) http://p2pool.top/scanner/aur-sha256d/
[AUR](SKEIN) http://p2pool.top/scanner/aur-skein/

Wussel

Activity: 10
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:16:29 PM

So the foundation:

To be clear we have not abandoned the project.  If anyone has abandoned the project it would be the Icelanders that claimed their coins in 2014 and either sold the coins or have simply waited for other people to get involved without personally getting involved or contributing in any significant manner.

2.  Yes, 80% of the Auroracoin holdings were sold to fund the Icelandic Blockchain Foundation, of which Auroracoin is a significant interest.  Aside from the CEO salary, none of the proceeds (ever) went to individuals or team members.

3.  Yes, as explained the funds were repurposed but it is not accurate to say these uses are not directly related to the coin.  

This decision to found the Icelandic Blockchain Foundation, maintaining Auroracoin as a primary working group within the Foundation ,
has done wonders for the legitimacy and objectivity within and without the foundation.  Especially in developer and legislative circles.

While your comments are well-founded and welcome they do not represent the reality of the situation.

Michael Hannes

1: The CEO doesn't need to be paid, at least not with funds obtained by literally selling Auroracoin. If he believes in crypto and especially in Auroracoin he could have bought it himself from his own money. We all know this is bullshit.

2: The reality is, is that Auroracoin is going to be delisted from Bittrex. So you are NOT expanding but shrinking.

3: Show us where the money went from the 80% that has been sold. Show the receipts, bank statements or some kind of evidence where the money went. These are all very very easy answers you are giving. Zero evidence that the money is being used to create positive growth for AUR.

Furthermore, you are talking about meetups with a 100 people. Do you have any proof of that? Do you have photos or smth that proofs that there weren't 10 people at the Oct 11th meetup?

In short, the replies you gave us are filled with hopefull statements but that's it...just statements. I see no proof that what you wrote is actually true on the contrary the fact that AUR is going to be delisted from Bittrex is counterproof of your positive statements.

Normally I would accept proof like "project progression", but there isn't any progression with AUR so you have to provide something else.

Regards
MikkiRefur

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 10:23:26 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2018, 08:13:14 AM by MikkiRefur

So the foundation:

Michael Hannes

1: The CEO doesn't need to be paid, at least not with funds obtained by literally selling Auroracoin. If he believes in crypto and especially in Auroracoin he could have bought it himself from his own money. We all know this is bullshit.

2: The reality is, is that Auroracoin is going to be delisted from Bittrex. So you are NOT expanding but shrinking.

3: Show us where the money went from the 80% that has been sold. Show the receipts, bank statements or some kind of evidence where the money went. These are all very very easy answers you are giving. Zero evidence that the money is being used to create positive growth for AUR.

Furthermore, you are talking about meetups with a 100 people. Do you have any proof of that? Do you have photos or smth that proofs that there weren't 10 people at the Oct 11th meetup?

In short, the replies you gave us are filled with hopefull statements but that's it...just statements. I see no proof that what you wrote is actually true on the contrary the fact that AUR is going to be delisted from Bittrex is counterproof of your positive statements.

Normally I would accept proof like "project progression", but there isn't any progression with AUR so you have to provide something else.

Regards

1.  Stating that the full-time CEO of a national blockchain advocacy group does not need to be paid implies that you are basing your opinions on some subjective utopian reality where people's time and effort does not require compensation.  Not sure what you mean about him being able to buy his own coins as that is not related to salary.  

2.  Yes Bittrex is delisting AUR and that is unfortunate, however it does not change our efforts in regards to auroracoin.

3.  Why do you feel that you are owed these receipts and evidence of how the coins were used ?  This sounds like you have a warped sense of entitlement.  What have you done to warrant such inclusion within the project and foundations decisions?   What have you contributed if I may ask ?  How have you asked to be involved ?  

Doing a simple google search for "Icelandic Blockchain Foundation" will give you an idea of how the funds have been started to put into use.

It has been clearly stated that the decision was made to form the IBF to bolster the blockchain community in general in Iceland and that the IBF would have more ability as a neutral organization to make that happen.  This has attracted many more individuals to the community in general and in turn has given auroracoin exposure as well.

This was all done under strict by-laws and voting protocol conducted in an official meeting earlier this year.  That's just the way it is.  Everyone has their own opinions about how things could go or should go - but it is a fact of nature that things do not always go the way that you wished it would.

So you can FUD and complain all you want but it does not contribute to a constructive conversation.

michael hannes
Wussel

Activity: 10
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:18:00 PM

So the foundation:

Michael Hannes

Regards

1.  Stating that the full-time CEO of a national blockchain advocacy group does not need to be paid implies that you are basing your opinions on some subjective utopian reality where people's time and effort does not require compensation.  Not sure what you mean about him being able to buy his own coins as that is not related to salary.  

2.  Yes Bittrex is delisting AUR and that is unfortunate, however it does not change our efforts in regards to auroracoin.

3.  Why do you feel that you are owed these receipts and evidence of how the coins were used ?  This sounds like you have a warped sense of entitlement.  What have you done to warrant such inclusion within the project and foundations decisions?   What have you contributed if I may ask ?  How have you asked to be involved ?  

Doing a simple google search for "Icelandic Blockchain Foundation" will give you an idea of how the funds have been started to put into use.

It has been clearly stated that the decision was made to form the IBF to bolster the blockchain community in general in Iceland and that the IBF would have more ability as a neutral organization to make that happen.  This has attracted many more individuals to the community in general and in turn has given auroracoin exposure as well.

This was all done under strict by-laws and voting protocol conducted in an official meeting earlier this year.  That's just the way it is.  Everyone has their own opinions about how things could go or should go - but it is a fact of nature that things do not always go the way that you wished it would.

So you can FUD and complain all you want but it does not contribute to a constructive conversation.

michael hannes

1: How much does the CEO get paid per month?

2: You could have avoided that. Why don't they delist Bitcoin Cash? Because the effort put in the coin by Roger Ver alone is much more than what you guys all together have achieved so far. Besides the fact that Bitcoin Cash is in demand, the biggest holders hold onto their coins instead of selling them in the market. In fact, we all know Roger Ver bought more BCH to grow his holding. I am just using this as an example.

3: As an investor in AUR I think it is a minimum to come up with images, facts and proof instead of storytelling. So far all we could see is that a huge exchange is delisting AUR, some websites that even I can make and some nice story.
Yes, I'm aware is wasn't Oct. 11th yet so this is/was a good opportunity for you guys to collect proof.

4: You talk about bolster the blockchain community, sorry to say but the price clearly doesn't show that.
Selling the coins because it was conducted in an official meeting is just an excuse. I'm not the only one that is dissapointed about the decission of IBF but many more who have put their faith, money and trust in AUR.

This is not about FUD, but about facts.

Regards
Cryptonizor

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:43:22 AM

Aurora Paper Wallet Generator:

https://cryptonizor.com/wallet/aurora/
adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:59:01 AM

Aurora Paper Wallet Generator:

https://cryptonizor.com/wallet/aurora/

This wallet generator is NOT for auroracoin but for the erc 20 token
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:06:42 PM

So the foundation:

Michael Hannes

Regards

michael hannes

1: How much does the CEO get paid per month?

2: You could have avoided that. Why don't they delist Bitcoin Cash? Because the effort put in the coin by Roger Ver alone is much more than what you guys all together have achieved so far. Besides the fact that Bitcoin Cash is in demand, the biggest holders hold onto their coins instead of selling them in the market. In fact, we all know Roger Ver bought more BCH to grow his holding. I am just using this as an example.

3: As an investor in AUR I think it is a minimum to come up with images, facts and proof instead of storytelling. So far all we could see is that a huge exchange is delisting AUR, some websites that even I can make and some nice story.
Yes, I'm aware is wasn't Oct. 11th yet so this is/was a good opportunity for you guys to collect proof.

4: You talk about bolster the blockchain community, sorry to say but the price clearly doesn't show that.
Selling the coins because it was conducted in an official meeting is just an excuse. I'm not the only one that is dissapointed about the decission of IBF but many more who have put their faith, money and trust in AUR.

This is not about FUD, but about facts.

Regards

Wussel, please come and join IBF and work with us. You are welcome to join the Auroracoin subgroup of IBF, the only coin specific subgroup of IBF. The task is the same as before... get Auroracoin accepted everywhere in Iceland. Help us instead of hiding behind a username here on Bitcointalk and just spread FUD

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: