Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:10:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info 11 phrase Mnemonic from October 2014  (Read 109 times)
Maverick.au (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 01:58:14 AM

Hi,

I have a Paper Wallet from Blockchain.info that has a 11 phrase Mnemonic on there.

I can use this to recover the primary password on the account on the account. This is the legacy wallet Mnemonic from what I understand.
https://blockchain.info/wallet/forgot-password

However the same Mnemonic is not accepted on this page "Recover Funds" which asks for your 12 recovery words "Recovery Passphrase" which I understand is their HD wallet.
https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/recover

The Paper Wallet is a PDF generated by them I believe, the public and private key are also listed and these have QR codes that show the same public and private keys. The date of creation of the file is October 2014.

One of the phrases is not BIP39 compliant from some checking I've done "explode".

Is there a way to convert the 11 phrase to 12?

Thanks.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:04:40 AM

Are you really sure that it is 11-word, and not 12 or any numbers except 11?
It seems new to me that there is an existing 11-word recovery phrase by blockchain.info. All I heard/saw was 12, 17, 24-word recovery phrases and etc.
Maverick.au (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 06:11:19 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 07:47:10 AM by Maverick.au

Are you really sure that it is 11-word, and not 12 or any numbers except 11?
It seems new to me that there is an existing 11-word recovery phrase by blockchain.info. All I heard/saw was 12, 17, 24-word recovery phrases and etc.

Hi, Absolutely it's only 11 phrases. I've had others check it out as well. It's got to be valid as it worked to get the primary password using the link above. The pdf file was downloaded from Blockchain.info.

I've contacted Blockchain.info to ask them so hopefully they will come back with something.

I thought maybe it was a BIP39 format with the checksum missing but the phrase "explode" I understand is not use by BIP39.

Trying to find a way to recover this wallet, I have some backups (*.aes.josn) files but I can't tell if they are encrypted with the secondary password or not and the tool at https://github.com/blockchain/my-wallet-backup-decryption-tool/releases keeps giving Java errors on multiple machines.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: