Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EclipseMC?  (Read 3060 times)
foulshot (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 12:27:42 PM

Hello all,

I stopped mining a while ago but had some coins with EclipseMC.  I notice their website is down.  Anybody know what happened to that pool?

Thanks in advance

-F

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 04:22:35 PM

Hello all,

I stopped mining a while ago but had some coins with EclipseMC.  I notice their website is down.  Anybody know what happened to that pool?

Thanks in advance

-F

Badluck mate unfortunately they have shutted down their servers and pool. Here is someone announcing it here :-  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=16385.msg14340574#msg14340574 but due to eclipse site being shutted down, I also am unable to view the main announcement on their site.

Though you can try to contact their announcement thread starter. It seems like you may not be able to get those coins back as OP of the announcement thread has never been online since 2year+.
foulshot (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:46:32 PM

Hello all,

Thanks in advance

-F

Badluck mate unfortunately they have shutted down their servers and pool. Here is someone announcing it here :-  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=16385.msg14340574#msg14340574 but due to eclipse site being shutted down, I also am unable to view the main announcement on their site.

Though you can try to contact their announcement thread starter. It seems like you may not be able to get those coins back as OP of the announcement thread has never been online since 2year+.

Wow, can that be?  Can they legally walk away with all that money?  I'll start emailing whomever I can to find to get access to the balance in my account.  If anyone has any success I'd love to hear about it.  I will provide the same.  Thanks for the info.
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:50:21 PM

Hello all,

Thanks in advance

-F

Wow, can that be?  Can they legally walk away with all that money?  I'll start emailing whomever I can to find to get access to the balance in my account.  If anyone has any success I'd love to hear about it.  I will provide the same.  Thanks for the info.
They closed down, most sites have a terms of service which if you do not pull your funds out they may keep them in cases of going out of business. They are not your bank and do not need to keep and hold your money for you, especially after no longer providing that service.
foulshot (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:41:17 PM

Hello all,

Thanks in advance

-F

They closed down, most sites have a terms of service which if you do not pull your funds out they may keep them in cases of going out of business. They are not your bank and do not need to keep and hold your money for you, especially after no longer providing that service.

Come on.  That can't be their excuse.  This pool was run by Butterfly Labs.  Seems criminal that they have funding issues then shut down a pool to take everybodys money.  A courtesy email would have been nice.  Especially since they sold everyone the ASICs that we were mining with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: