Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is it to store your bitcoins on a mobile phone?  (Read 7285 times)
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:07:42 PM

If you are sure that you will not lose or broke or smth else bad with you mobile phone, you can use it without any problem, but if you have problems with your hands, better not to Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:16:19 PM

I don't think it is the wisest thing to do, the chances of leaving your phone somewhere or breaking it are too high, desktop or an offline option would be the best solution.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:31:02 PM

i personally wouldn't recommend to save your bitcoin into mobile phone because I had a bad experience my smartphone has died because i was dropping my smartphone into the rivers when i was on vacations several month ago and i can't access my wallet and all my private data was gone and i think if you want store your bitcoin especially for huge amount my advice is just save into your private computer or laptop and don't let someone else use or access your computer
as long as you keep a backup of your private key can still open the wallet and I think it is the fault of your own is not a major problem in storing bitcoin in mobile phone.

bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:02:24 PM

I don't think it is the wisest thing to do, the chances of leaving your phone somewhere or breaking it are too high, desktop or an offline option would be the best solution.

You are right about that but I think it can be okay for low amounts, if you have bigger amounts you should just use a offline wallet instead.
btcltccoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:06:37 PM

It's save enough to store bitcoins on phone. I've done it several times, and nothing's bad happened. maybe for the tips, don't download too many applications and don't klick links, be careful of these things. It's same tips if you want to store your bitcoins on PC.

I agree mycelium comes in handy here. I also don't have many apps on my phone; i only use satoshi convertor to calculate the current conversion rates and yourfreedom for when i have no wifi area around me.
biggbox

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 11:15:50 PM

How many of you has 2 separate phones? One for Google 2FA, another for daily use?

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:36:14 PM

How many of you has 2 separate phones? One for Google 2FA, another for daily use?

I do! I use a phone solely for security purposes such as 2FA and a normal phone where I do my daily things on. I like to keep things seperate.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:36:56 PM

You are right about that but I think it can be okay for low amounts, if you have bigger amounts you should just use a offline wallet instead.

With indeed small amounts its no problem at all but if you are using larger amounts its gonna be a problem for sure indeed.
Large amounts always need a offline wallet in my opinion.
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:40:20 PM

yeah I would suggest to use desktop wallet. of course it will be more secure than using the phone wallet. if you do not have the urgency to use the wallet phone. it is better to avoid it dude

DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:53:07 PM

yeah i think it does not matter if you only save a little bitcoin in it using a mobile phone wallet of course there is an interest. like you have frequent transactions. and you're always outside then the wallet phone good for you. the note also that you have to add some security authentication

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:55:59 PM

It completely depends on how safe your phone is. Do you encrypt your files? Do you go on sketchy websites? Do you have malware? Did you scan for malware recently/constantly? Well depending on ho you answer these, yes it's safe or no its not. There's no blanket answer here.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:04:58 AM

Its in my a okay way to store them but only for small amounts for some transactions, for big amounts a better secured wallet is needed.
wintermeasures

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:42:19 AM

If I backup the keys onto my phone's sdcard, don't other apps have temporary access to that file before I delete it? I'm using a Micromax phone and I'm concerned that the phone contains pre-installed malware.

Is it better to just move the money to a wallet on my PC?

I think store bitcoin in the mobile phone very high risk. Because the phone can be lost at any time and if there are bad people who find it and know what is bitcoin then your can dissapear Cheesy I suggest using an online wallet. thank you
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:09:51 AM

i dont think that it is safe to keep your  violet in moblie phone. i think its too risky. if you lost your mobile phone then what wil you do. even the pc is not good to keep to violet. if you print the on a paper and keep it on a safe place where the access of other people may not be easy.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:17:13 AM

I use mycelium, but not in the way most do. I use it in tandem with my ledger wallet. Without my ledger plugged into my phone (through an otg cable), it's like a watch-only address. As soon as I plug it, I can send bitcoin without a hitch.
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:22:45 AM

Well, i never stored my bitcoins my mobile phone because i think it's risky and can easily get lost if your phone lost. It will safe if you don't do something wrong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: