Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: idk where this belongs, but please help me....  (Read 939 times)
Woodcock36 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:30:22 AM

My friend and I were talking this morning and he was looking for ideas for his next tattoo(his fourth). I told him he should do what some people have done and sell space on his body to a company as promotion. Now we talk regularly about Bitcoin and given my latest exploits into this world I said, maybe you should get a bitcoin tat, and have somebody sponsor it. I told him I would give him .75 btc for a tat with my address listed under the Bitcoin Logo. He scoffed at such a low price. He said if I could hit 12BTC he would do it.
   I propose this, if we pool our resources, and a bunch of people donate with the highest bid(or top 3 highest if it gets up high enough), that my friend will have a Bitcoin tattoo with the winner's address written underneath (or top 3 if the highest bid doesnt match his quote). I think it would be funny as shit to see this jackass walking around with a tat of BTC on his body. Winning bid picks placement and design.

The only way this will work is for all money to be held in escrow until proof is given that the ink is on his body, with dox from the parlor(in this case it will be either Tattoo Lou's on Long Island or Blackstone Ink in Woodstock Ga(Blackstone is a friend and I am willing to pay for the air fare to get us down there from Long Island to see this happen). So a)who is willing to hold the money in escrow, and b)is anybody willing to pay an idiot to get a tat with their address on it?

Tip me for glory!: 1FKppwEjrenyhNXC9AHobgtuCcBTSLdnzY
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:18:49 AM

A QR Code would be better so people could scan it with their phones and donate!
Woodcock36 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:52:55 AM

Brilliant! Thanks for the idea. I'm not sure how accurate a QR code would be on skin given it's less-than-flat surface area though.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:56:55 AM

I'd suggest Firstbits or a shortlink, because a full address is just too long and there's no copy and paste Smiley
Woodcock36 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:05:21 AM

I concur TradeFortress, but the entire idea is so full of jackassery that a full address would add to the comical nature of this entire idea. There has to be a way to make this work. While I am here, anybody have any idea for the actual artwork? I will talk to the artists about whether or not a QR will work on skin, because that seems to make the most sense. If he did it on a more flatish area of his body like a tramp stamp then maybe it will work. But I still worry about the human error factor in creating a QR from a stencil. 

HowGudAmI

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:10:35 PM

I concur TradeFortress, but the entire idea is so full of jackassery that a full address would add to the comical nature of this entire idea. There has to be a way to make this work. While I am here, anybody have any idea for the actual artwork? I will talk to the artists about whether or not a QR will work on skin, because that seems to make the most sense. If he did it on a more flatish area of his body like a tramp stamp then maybe it will work. But I still worry about the human error factor in creating a QR from a stencil. 

Check this out:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20078153-71/man-has-qr-code-tattooed-onto-chest-really/

It seems QR code tattoos are possible!

Smiley
Woodcock36 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:14:00 PM

Awesome. Then a QR Code it is.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:36:31 PM

I still remember this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27958.0

Also, I'm willing to hold escrow if needed.
Woodcock36 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:39:12 PM

Thanks John, I doubt this is heading anywhere. Doesn't seem to be any real interest, just curiosity.

nanopene

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:48:17 AM

What about tatooing a QR code on his forehead? LOL
He should charge double for that
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:31:50 PM

I might be interested. What's the minimum?

caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:33:47 PM

In response to my own post, nevermind. I did not read this through. I will gladly accept donations of coffee Tongue

Woodcock36 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 11:04:30 PM

lol, the price has tripled since this thread was created. I am going to offer him my .75 again and see what he says now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: