Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268508 times)
drnkk

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:29:38 PM

Hello;

While we are talking about bot behaviors,
I want to remind the developers and learn the users' opinions about a feature suggest I mentioned before.

You can not change the limits and parameters while bots are running,

but in my opinion it will be more effective
to be able to change parameters while bots are running.

An easy way of implementation is when user suspend the bot let user change parameters and limits
and after clicking resume

optionally margin maker calculate the next order accordingly or refresh order directly.
So we do not have to stop bot, wait for order cancelation, change parameter, start again.

for static ping pong after suspending bot and changing parameters
the order can be directly updated accordingly.

Best Regards

Bitrated user: drnk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dan_and_shan

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:42:39 AM

Hello;

I want to remind the developers and learn the users' opinions about a feature suggest I mentioned before.

An easy way of implementation is when user suspend the bot let user change parameters and limits

optionally margin maker calculate the next order accordingly or refresh order directly.
So we do not have to stop bot, wait for order cancelation, change parameter, start again.

Best Regards

I agree this would be fantastic Smiley

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 09:17:16 PM

Hello;

Best Regards

I agree this would be fantastic Smiley

We are looking into being able to pause a strategy, adapt it's parameters and re-start it.

Thanks for your input guys.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leomedina01

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:20:57 PM

Hello, I liked the software, but I'd rather need a ping-pong strategy that I could set the buy price greater than market price and it did not place the buy order when i start strategy (I think this is a buy limit order right?).

So suppose a coin market price is @0.01 now, then I start a ping-pong strategy with buy price @ 0.015 and sell price to 0.02. Then, what i wanted is... when the ping-pong strategy starts it places the buy order only when price is @0.015 and then a sell order @ 0.02 ( sell price which i set for the stretegy). I tried do that, but when I set a buy price above the market price, it buys instantly when i start the strategy, I guess that's why ping-pong strategy can only handle buy orders and not a buy limit order. That's what I'd need... and also the stop-loss feature which i asked sometime ago.

If you had that features, I'd buy the software now. Can you implement something like this?

Thnx.
drnkk

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:45:05 PM

Stop-loss orders are imaginary orders for future to be placed with a price threshold limit.

Stop-Loss limits and related imaginary orders can be shown with a dashed line,
we can adapt them by moving in the graph according to the market,

if you implement this kind of price monitoring bot
We can leave leonArdo running while going to sleep with a relaxed mind Smiley

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 02:46:55 PM

Stop-loss orders are imaginary orders for future to be placed with a price threshold limit.

Stop-Loss limits and related imaginary orders can be shown with a dashed line,
we can adapt them by moving in the graph according to the market,

if you implement this kind of price monitoring bot
We can leave leonArdo running while going to sleep with a relaxed mind Smiley

We are currently testing stop loss functionality.

It's beautiful. Can't wait for you guys to get your hands on it!!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 02:47:19 PM

Hello, I liked the software, but I'd rather need a ping-pong strategy that I could set the buy price greater than market price and it did not place the buy order when i start strategy (I think this is a buy limit order right?).

So suppose a coin market price is @0.01 now, then I start a ping-pong strategy with buy price @ 0.015 and sell price to 0.02. Then, what i wanted is... when the ping-pong strategy starts it places the buy order only when price is @0.015 and then a sell order @ 0.02 ( sell price which i set for the stretegy). I tried do that, but when I set a buy price above the market price, it buys instantly when i start the strategy, I guess that's why ping-pong strategy can only handle buy orders and not a buy limit order. That's what I'd need... and also the stop-loss feature which i asked sometime ago.

If you had that features, I'd buy the software now. Can you implement something like this?

Thnx.

Why would you want to buy at a higher price?

leomedina01

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:22:59 PM

Thnx.

Because this is part of my strategy...i can predict where price goes by finding the next resistance and other resistences above that. so when a price breaks out a resistence, this is where i want the bot starts to place a buy order... and a sell order at the next resistance above that one. so this is like a "future" ping-pong, in a upper price level, with a higher price than market. You know? i want a ping-pong starts in a resistance breakout, and not when price touchs the closest support.
Iza

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:28:23 PM

I have an issue with my leonArdo. There was a "crash" when I attempted a normal shutdown of the program. When I went to use it the next time, I do not have more than 6 or so hours of history showing in my charts.

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

drnkk

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:59:44 PM

as far as ı understand
What leomedina01 wants to do is monitoring market and
detecting an overshoot in the price, taking leverage of it.
it is kind of expecting a future price if a wall breaks up, and it makes sense.

it can be called step-up bot Smiley
and a step down bot for the reverse strategy
which is selling during breakdown and buy again.

But I think first step is to implement a stable stop-loss bot,
than this idea is an extension of it as after stop-loss action happened
there can be an option to create a 2nd buy or sell order.

dan_and_shan

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:09:29 PM

I have an issue with my leonArdo. There was a "crash" when I attempted a normal shutdown of the program. When I went to use it the next time, I do not have more than 6 or so hours of history showing in my charts.

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

That happens now and again, a restart usually loads all market data,some times twice, i think it is api not responding quickly enough, but not really sure.
 Wink

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:25:56 PM

as far as ı understand
What leomedina01 wants to do is monitoring market and
detecting an overshoot in the price, taking leverage of it.
it is kind of expecting a future price if a wall breaks up, and it makes sense.

I think he is meaning something like this:

or?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 09:35:32 PM

Thnx.

Because this is part of my strategy...i can predict where price goes by finding the next resistance and other resistences above that. so when a price breaks out a resistence, this is where i want the bot starts to place a buy order... and a sell order at the next resistance above that one. so this is like a "future" ping-pong, in a upper price level, with a higher price than market. You know? i want a ping-pong starts in a resistance breakout, and not when price touchs the closest support.

Individual strategies will be possible when we release our strategy editor!

There will be unlimited possibilities!

Thanks for your explanation!

All the best,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 09:38:21 PM

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

Is this still an issue?

If so, you could try deleting the hidden .leonArdo folder which is in your home directory. Make sure you have your API keys saved before doing so.

Let me know if you have your history data back!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Iza

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:02:11 PM

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

Is this still an issue?

If so, you could try deleting the hidden .leonArdo folder which is in your home directory. Make sure you have your API keys saved before doing so.

Let me know if you have your history data back!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

It's been an issue on and off since I started to use Leonardo some time ago, especially with new coins (there might be a 1 month history, but I would see less than 24 hours). I did delete the hidden directory, restarted and re-entered my API info (Poloniex). and added just one trading pair. BTC/USDT and had the same issue. I closed Leo again, rebooted my computer (Mac) and tried again. Same issue. Close program and waited about 10 minutes did not choose to open last session and picked my usual trading pairs. It took some time to load, but the history was there.

If there is anything I could do (send logs or something) to help you see the problem, let me know. I really love your software, keep up the good work!

surface

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:42:29 AM

Is it possible to use 1 to 5 min candles (Poloniex)?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 08:58:04 AM

Is it possible to use 1 to 5 min candles (Poloniex)?

Hi surface,

It is already possible!

At the top of leonArdo's chart there are time window options. The first window is 30 minutes and contains 1 minute candles! The 6 hour time window contains 5 minute candles!

All the best,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 12:04:33 PM

leonArdo patch 3.2.2 released

This is needed only if you trade on Bitfinex. On Bitfinex the max int value was about to be reached for order numbers, which forced them to change their API.

This meant we had to update leonArdo.

How can you get your copy?

If you are an existing customer you can simply click on the "update available!!" link on the leonArdo login screen and download this version.

surface

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:11:28 PM

Oh, I see. Thanks a lot for the clarification, Jonathan!

Hi surface,

It is already possible!

At the top of leonArdo's chart there are time window options. The first window is 30 minutes and contains 1 minute candles! The 6 hour time window contains 5 minute candles!

All the best,
Jonathan

lowcap

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 04:29:59 PM

Do you have an affiliate program so others can help you sell your software?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: