Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:17:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268520 times)
Namroc Smith

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:33:33 PM

Hey,
Im very new to (any) trading software. So far I just bought and sale manually in long term, so thats why I have some(maybe very stupid) questions. I was searching for a tutorial that explains "every button" but I cant find it. I know there is a "help context" but that doesnt help in all cases:

The software is running now, for 2x app. 12 hours and it seems that it does the job well. It onl ycan seem to me, because I dont no really what Im doing...but i t works Wink

1.  There is this Profit/Loss: But thats only shows "margin trading" result? Is there a conclusion somewhere , to see profits/loss from the exchange?
2. WHat happen in the red area?
3. What happens in the upper and lower blue area? I know its called "by margin" and "sell margin" <-- but thats not "margin trading" right? *confused*
4. Is there a generell "sell/buy margin" settings, that suppose to be more safe or risky?
5. The "minm. effective gain". I can read what the context menue tells me, but I dont understand it. If I put it on 20% what happens? Is it for the whole time, for any bet?
6. Does the bot stopp at some point trading? After a period of time? Or trades?
7. "Start with / sell/buy" Is that just the first trade, or a longterm setting?

Do you know any tutorials that helps my confusion? If seen tha tits from leonArdo, bunt it looks its for people that allready knows the "trading system".

btw, is that the thread ok to ask? Or is there a dummy section somewhere?

thx

One newbie helping another here, so I will do my best.  First I would say watch the videos in the first post, the interface is a bit different, but the concepts are the same.  Secondly start learning with the ping pong until you get the hang of how this works.  It has far less options, since it is a simple process, but it is a great way to use your existing trading knowledge to learn the interface.

As for your points:

1:  It doesn't track this now, or at least it doesn't show it.  It has been requested a lot.
2:  Read area is the selling area, it is limited by your settings.  The videos show how to change this.  Generally if you have mostly empty rules it tries to sell around the dotted line at the bottom of the red area.
3:  Lower blue is buy area, again see videos.  Generally if you have mostly empty rules it tries to buy around the dotted line at the top of the blue area.
4:  Again, see the videos for a coverage of the settings.  Also remember they can't give trading advice so you will have to seek that out elsewhere or do some trial and error.
5:  This tells the job your expected profit or loss from the run.  0% or positive means the job must create a trade in your margins that will at least yield that % of profit, however it can get blocked since sometimes you need to take a loss to keep going.  Going negative allows for loss to occur in the hopes you make it back up.  Something that needs some experience to use correctly.
6:  No, however it can create a trade that can't be filled (market moved outside your limits) or it cannot meet your min effective.
7:  Yes that is for first trade for that bot, for that session.  Make sure to check this, I have done the double buy mistake before.

Biggest thing to remember is that there aren't magic numbers to make it work, and each market IS different.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 08:43:42 PM

Hey,
Im very new to (any) trading software. So far I just bought and sale manually in long term, so thats why I have some(maybe very stupid) questions. I was searching for a tutorial that explains "every button" but I cant find it. I know there is a "help context" but that doesnt help in all cases:

The software is running now, for 2x app. 12 hours and it seems that it does the job well. It onl ycan seem to me, because I dont no really what Im doing...but i t works Wink

1.  There is this Profit/Loss: But thats only shows "margin trading" result? Is there a conclusion somewhere , to see profits/loss from the exchange?
3. What happens in the upper and lower blue area? I know its called "by margin" and "sell margin" <-- but thats not "margin trading" right? *confused*
4. Is there a generell "sell/buy margin" settings, that suppose to be more safe or risky?
5. The "minm. effective gain". I can read what the context menue tells me, but I dont understand it. If I put it on 20% what happens? Is it for the whole time, for any bet?

Do you know any tutorials that helps my confusion? If seen tha tits from leonArdo, bunt it looks its for people that allready knows the "trading system".

thx

Thanks for checking out leonArdo!

Let me run through your questions.

>> 1.  There is this Profit/Loss: But thats only shows "margin trading" result? Is there a conclusion somewhere , to see profits/loss from the exchange?
Not yet, but there will be.

>> 2. WHat happen in the red area?
I assume you are talking about the mArgin maker bot. The blue area encapsulates the min and max trade that occured in the time window for which it is active. The red area is a relative percentage of that which tells the bot where to place the next buy/sell. Of course as the window shifts with passing time the height of the blue area will change and therefore the prices at which buy and sells occur will also change. It's dynamic.

>> 3. What happens in the upper and lower blue area? I know its called "by margin" and "sell margin" <-- but thats not "margin trading" right? *confused*
See previous answer.

>> 4. Is there a generell "sell/buy margin" settings, that suppose to be more safe or risky?
No. You need to look at each currency pair, volume, history, bring your own experience etc. and then decide how to set up the bot! But you can use the demo to practice Smiley

>> 5. The "minm. effective gain". I can read what the context menue tells me, but I dont understand it. If I put it on 20% what happens? Is it for the whole time, for any bet?
If you set the Min Effective Gain to 20% then after the first buy, the bot will place the next sell order at a price that ensures after trading fees have been deducted that you get a +20% win. The same happens if you start with a sell.

>> 6. Does the bot stopp at some point trading? After a period of time? Or trades?
No. You need to manually stop the bot.

>> 7. "Start with / sell/buy" Is that just the first trade, or a longterm setting?
Just the first order. The bot tries to buy/sell over and over again, making gains each time.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 08:44:20 PM

One newbie helping another here, so I will do my best.  First I would say watch the videos in the first post, the interface is a bit different, but the concepts are the same.  Secondly start learning with the ping pong until you get the hang of how this works.  It has far less options, since it is a simple process, but it is a great way to use your existing trading knowledge to learn the interface.

As for your points:

1:  It doesn't track this now, or at least it doesn't show it.  It has been requested a lot.
2:  Read area is the selling area, it is limited by your settings.  The videos show how to change this.  Generally if you have mostly empty rules it tries to sell around the dotted line at the bottom of the red area.
3:  Lower blue is buy area, again see videos.  Generally if you have mostly empty rules it tries to buy around the dotted line at the top of the blue area.
4:  Again, see the videos for a coverage of the settings.  Also remember they can't give trading advice so you will have to seek that out elsewhere or do some trial and error.
5:  This tells the job your expected profit or loss from the run.  0% or positive means the job must create a trade in your margins that will at least yield that % of profit, however it can get blocked since sometimes you need to take a loss to keep going.  Going negative allows for loss to occur in the hopes you make it back up.  Something that needs some experience to use correctly.
6:  No, however it can create a trade that can't be filled (market moved outside your limits) or it cannot meet your min effective.
7:  Yes that is for first trade for that bot, for that session.  Make sure to check this, I have done the double buy mistake before.

Biggest thing to remember is that there aren't magic numbers to make it work, and each market IS different.  

Just saw your answer now. Thanks!!

Namroc Smith

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:46:41 PM

No worries, your answers are better  Grin

As for your points:

Just saw your answer now. Thanks!!
akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:47:38 PM

Hey,

thx

Thanks for checking out leonArdo!

Let me run through your questions.

>> 1.  There is this Profit/Loss: But thats only shows "margin trading" result? Is there a conclusion somewhere , to see profits/loss from the exchange?
Not yet, but there will be.

>> 2. WHat happen in the red area?
I assume you are talking about the mArgin maker bot. The blue area encapsulates the min and max trade that occured in the time window for which it is active. The red area is a relative percentage of that which tells the bot where to place the next buy/sell. Of course as the window shifts with passing time the height of the blue area will change and therefore the prices at which buy and sells occur will also change. It's dynamic.

>> 3. What happens in the upper and lower blue area? I know its called "by margin" and "sell margin" <-- but thats not "margin trading" right? *confused*
See previous answer.

>> 4. Is there a generell "sell/buy margin" settings, that suppose to be more safe or risky?
No. You need to look at each currency pair, volume, history, bring your own experience etc. and then decide how to set up the bot! But you can use the demo to practice Smiley

>> 5. The "minm. effective gain". I can read what the context menue tells me, but I dont understand it. If I put it on 20% what happens? Is it for the whole time, for any bet?
If you set the Min Effective Gain to 20% then after the first buy, the bot will place the next sell order at a price that ensures after trading fees have been deducted that you get a +20% win. The same happens if you start with a sell.

>> 6. Does the bot stopp at some point trading? After a period of time? Or trades?
No. You need to manually stop the bot.

>> 7. "Start with / sell/buy" Is that just the first trade, or a longterm setting?
Just the first order. The bot tries to buy/sell over and over again, making gains each time.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

I just want to add (since you can't give trading advice) is that if you set it at 20%, the likelihood of you ever making the trades to make that happen are very slim. It might take weeks.

If you want to make any money using margin bot, you'll need to set it to a negative amount (say -1 or -2%). Yes, it sucks to lose money. But if you lose a dollar now, you give yourself the potential to make $20 in the next few trades.
sawsawsaw

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:30:39 PM

Thanks a lot for all your detailed answers! Helps a lot!

After a couple of hours playing around , and doing allready profit Wink I start to understand...

Thanks a lot for your help
drnkk

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:56:13 AM

I remind it again
 - Different colors for sell and buy sections/buttons.

Ilove leonardo but hate myself
I did it again
accidental buy instead of sell Smiley

Bitrated user: drnk.
sawsawsaw

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:19:51 PM

Another question:

From time to time it happens that a window pops up

"One active order remains. Do you want to cancel it?"

Im pretty sure that I didnt accidently press buttons, so why it is happening?

And deosnt matter what Im clicking "yes / no" the bot stops on that currency.

thx
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:39:17 PM

Another question:

thx

The best I can tell is that it does that when it's trying to draw funds that aren't available (perhaps the coin value has increased). Try to leave some btc & altcoin for a bit of wiggle room.
sawsawsaw

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:12:34 PM

Thanks got it!
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:36:55 PM

Another question:

thx

The best I can tell is that it does that when it's trying to draw funds that aren't available (perhaps the coin value has increased). Try to leave some btc & altcoin for a bit of wiggle room.

Yup, that's it. After I start leaving at least 1% of whatever coin and BTC in reserve related to it, that has not come up.

Go Big or Go Home.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 09:09:17 PM

Another question:

thx

Yup, that's it. After I start leaving at least 1% of whatever coin and BTC in reserve related to it, that has not come up.

Thanks for helping out guys!

Overall, I agree it's a good strategy, but I have observed this happening when funds were there too - unfortunately. That is on us to get to the bottom of!

All the best,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 09:26:17 PM

Alt coins are performing incredibly...

jooj

Activity: 650
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 09:49:59 PM

I see mArgin maker and Ping pong strategies in leonArdo, do you have plan to implement more strategies such as ARB and balancing?

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:58:20 PM

Yup. Any idea when the next release will be and what will be changed? We're still very eagerly waiting for a profit/loss per day kind of thing per coin/market, etc. and/or a way to setup smaller automated trades with offset stats and have leonardo populate this for us, vs manually doing orders .

Go Big or Go Home.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:34:55 AM

I see mArgin maker and Ping pong strategies in leonArdo, do you have plan to implement more strategies such as ARB and balancing?

We plan to implement more strategies, but in general want to give you the tools to create your own. Our strategy editor will enable that.

akeetlebeetle

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:37:37 AM

We plan to implement more strategies, but in general want to give you the tools to create your own. Our strategy editor will enable that.

How is that memory leak bug fix coming? I have to restart the program every other day.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:38:05 AM

Yup. Any idea when the next release will be and what will be changed? We're still very eagerly waiting for a profit/loss per day kind of thing per coin/market, etc. and/or a way to setup smaller automated trades with offset stats and have leonardo populate this for us, vs manually doing orders .

The next release will contain some much needed maintenance for the memory leak and some CPU optimizations. After that stop-loss is on the cards.

Reporting will follow.

Sorry the pace is a little slow, but I am putting together an all-star team of devs now which means the pace will quicken going forward.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:39:44 AM

How is that memory leak bug fix coming? I have to restart the program every other day.

It's a bitch. Thought we had it a few times, but turned out we didn't. Horrible work but we will find it.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

akeetlebeetle

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:43:25 AM

It's a bitch. Thought we had it a few times, but turned out we didn't. Horrible work but we will find it.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

You'll figure it out.

Had it shut my program down once with a bunch of pop ups (something about c+ errors). The other times it just gets SO slow.

One question I have. Is the program supposed to recover when exited (and restarted)? Because I've never been able to get it to continue trading (they all say suspended, but if you change it to resume, it doesn't take control). It works fine when losing internet connection, though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: