Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:26:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268517 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 03:01:19 PM

Hello. I installed a demo version and when I try to open the programm I get this error . I have a windows 10 and all versions of framework and visial c++ are installed. Can somebody help me to figure out what is wrong?

@leonArdo@margin, I'm sorry for interrupting you but can you help me with solving this problem?

Is leonArdo crashing  immediately after starting it? Do you see the login windows at all?

All the best,

Rene

It does not even open: I click on the icon and then the error occure immediately.

That is strange indeed. This normally only happens with Bitdefener or a similar software installed.
Are you sure you are not running something like that?

All the best,

Rene

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frodev

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:01:51 PM

+6.5% gains in the last 21hrs, no errors or unexpected losses while I slept ...

I spoke a little too soon. While I didn't get any errors or unexpected large losses while I slept, I just checked over all the running strategies more carefully, and while all 6 were still running, all but one of them were stuck on buy orders that were way out of range (far below the current buy price) of the current time window range. I had to stop all these orders and start them again and now it's all back to normal.  I have no idea what caused this.

I still stand at 6.5% gains in the last 21 hours though - it probably would be closer to 7.5% if the above hadn't happened.

Sounds like the price just moved away from the expected window. If you reduce your statistical window (and maybe even max order age) these order will be replaced closer to the current price.
But that might not always be the desired behavior.

All the best,

Rene

Thanks Rene, yeah I've basically come to the same conclusion. It's working pretty well now, I seem to be getting around 6% gains per 24hr peroid. if I can increase that t around 8 or 10 that would be amazing, but even at 6 it's pretty damned good.
JorisLit

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:05:16 PM

I spoke a little too soon. While I didn't get any errors or unexpected large losses while I slept, I just checked over all the running strategies more carefully, and while all 6 were still running, all but one of them were stuck on buy orders that were way out of range (far below the current buy price) of the current time window range. I had to stop all these orders and start them again and now it's all back to normal.  I have no idea what caused this.

I still stand at 6.5% gains in the last 21 hours though - it probably would be closer to 7.5% if the above hadn't happened.

Sounds like the price just moved away from the expected window. If you reduce your statistical window (and maybe even max order age) these order will be replaced closer to the current price.

All the best,

Rene

Thanks Rene, yeah I've basically come to the same conclusion. It's working pretty well now, I seem to be getting around 6% gains per 24hr peroid. if I can increase that t around 8 or 10 that would be amazing, but even at 6 it's pretty damned good.

Would love those numbers..

Still shows me that i needs more time on youtube learning to trade
sarunw

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:52:30 PM

Both 3.5 and 3.6 Mac version is corrupted http://www.marginsoftware.de/downloads.html

Could you checking it?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 08:11:05 PM

All the best,

Rene

Happy to hear that.

All the best,

Rene

hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 08:17:32 PM

Does anyone have tips on how to get notifications (via e-mail for instance) when a bot successfully makes a BUY of SELL?
I should hope you will have better success than that!  Grin I mean it seems that unless you are only expecting very few successful transactions in a day a person may want to avoid that much email traffic. I have thought about it and I know of no way to get the alerts, from my prospective any add-on or screen scraping and email etc would be an unnecessary security exposure, one more open port for the hackers.

I prefer telegram notifications, it should not be difficult to implement for LeonArdo developers.

Hell yeah! Telegram notifications would absolutely be the coolest thing! Wink

Hacky

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
hackbyte
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 08:23:52 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 09:54:21 PM by hackbyte

I have another suggestion or feature request. Which might actually be a cool/handy feature on its own (and can probably "adapted to the actual bots" too.. dunno Wink).

I want to be able to create spread orders.

Say i want to have 6 buy orders volume N each, starting at value X going down Y steps in price:

So i want it to create a buy order at X,
another one at X + (Y*1), next one on X + (Y*2), next on X + (Y*3)..... and so on.

The same for the Sell orders, start at X and then step up Y each time.

Maybe adittionally one can enter a maximum volume he want to order and set a slider to see how much this will make for how many orders and so on.  That would actually btw fit very well on the margin maker and he pingpong bot and make them able to profit from bigger swings where you would loose some gains probably otherwise. Wink

What you you guys think? Wink)

Greetings

hacky

Edit:
P.s.: It might probably make sense, in such a separate manual spread-trading strategy tab, to actually have some sort of a switch, so that a user can enter a fixed amount of order volume spitted by the amount of orders, or volume per order for all orders (then in a separate field).

So a user can then switch to the mode he wants (volume overall/volume per order) and then simply adjust the according value in the interface. The corresponding other Max/MaxPerOrder field can then automatically actualized whenever the corresponding other gets changed.

There you even can put your nice volume slider from the usual sell/buy orders on the manual trading strategy. would be a nice feature Wink

Oh and you simply can make sure, that the "per order" slider never goes down the min order size limit .. and even count that up for the over all volume slider (adapted with the number of wanted orders).

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 08:24:28 PM

Both 3.5 and 3.6 Mac version is corrupted http://www.marginsoftware.de/downloads.html

Could you checking it?

we had a temp problem with a broken build. Sorry about that. Was already fixed Smiley

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 08:26:16 PM

Does anyone have tips on how to get notifications (via e-mail for instance) when a bot successfully makes a BUY of SELL?
I should hope you will have better success than that!  Grin I mean it seems that unless you are only expecting very few successful transactions in a day a person may want to avoid that much email traffic. I have thought about it and I know of no way to get the alerts, from my prospective any add-on or screen scraping and email etc would be an unnecessary security exposure, one more open port for the hackers.

I prefer telegram notifications, it should not be difficult to implement for LeonArdo developers.

Hell yeah! Telegram notifications would absolutely be the coolest thing! Wink

Hacky

There will be more notification options available and telegram is high up on our list Smiley

All the best,

Rene

seldem

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:34:20 PM

Hey team. Only a few days left till end of year. Is the next release still on target Smiley

Hi mafia,

great to hear from you! Smiley
Yes. The release is on target and we are looking forward to the release next week.

All the best,

Rene

Will you include stop loss feature to PingPong and to manual trading also?  I have read in previous posts that it was requested many times.
Best regards.
hackbyte
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 10:06:33 PM

Oh, and what about different data dirs per cmdline parameter?

Or, can i simply link the leonardo binary in to an data dir and have it use the local profile in this dir instead of some default path when it detects it is started within an profile dir Wink

Would be to nice, that way i don't need 3 different users for 3 leonardo programms on 3 different exchanges. Wink

Greetings,

hacky

frodev

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:55:40 PM

Ok if someone would humour me with any responses to another question:

I've been having great success with this pair XVG/BTC but sometimes it kind of gets stuck when the price trend goes up or down as shown in this screen shot. I've still not totally got to grips with how the minimum gain setting affects things when it has a negative value. Am I correct in thinking a lower negative value would convince the bot to sell at a loss and then free it up to buy at the lower price? (eg changing it from the -2.0 setting as shown to say around -0.10)...

If I've got that wrong, could someone please explain what setting I would need to change to get it to do that?

The stop loss is set very low and doesn't seem to be interfering any more.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4586/38228693724_8a7f1f78cf_o.png
frodev

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:03:48 PM

To be honest I've only been trading for about a month and not full time. I spent a couple of weeks trading manually in my spare time on bittrex before I got leonardo, then I spent a few days trying to figure out how to do it all with leonardo - with a mixture of small successes followed by bigger losses - overall it was losing money. I then kind of gave up, but part of the problem was my terrible internet connection which kept stalling things.

I've since set LeonArdo up on a VPS and things are much better, so I've put some more time in to try and figure a working strategy out and it seems to be paying off. So my point is 6 weeks ago I didn't have a clue about any of this, so it's totally possible to get there. It's not a set-and-forget situation though, it requires lots of time, effort and research to figure out the best combination of pairs/strategies etc.

my latest figures are 9.30% after 34 hours continuous trading on 6 pairs/bots, (or 6.7% per 24hr). I've analysed the data from the trades over that time and identified the weak pairs and am tweaking the settings in the hope to make the weak ones do better. If that doesn't work I will replace them with others and see how that goes.

Best of luck, and if you have any questions about what I've learned in the last few weeks that you think might help, feel free to ask.
JorisLit

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:35:44 AM

To be honest I've only been trading for about a month and not full time. I spent a couple of weeks trading manually in my spare time on bittrex before I got leonardo, then I spent a few days trying to figure out how to do it all with leonardo - with a mixture of small successes followed by bigger losses - overall it was losing money. I then kind of gave up, but part of the problem was my terrible internet connection which kept stalling things.

I've since set LeonArdo up on a VPS and things are much better, so I've put some more time in to try and figure a working strategy out and it seems to be paying off. So my point is 6 weeks ago I didn't have a clue about any of this, so it's totally possible to get there. It's not a set-and-forget situation though, it requires lots of time, effort and research to figure out the best combination of pairs/strategies etc.

my latest figures are 9.30% after 34 hours continuous trading on 6 pairs/bots, (or 6.7% per 24hr). I've analysed the data from the trades over that time and identified the weak pairs and am tweaking the settings in the hope to make the weak ones do better. If that doesn't work I will replace them with others and see how that goes.

Best of luck, and if you have any questions about what I've learned in the last few weeks that you think might help, feel free to ask.

Thank you for your kind words.

I will look into a good vps..and see if I can get this puppy running on linux.
Good to see that I only need to tweek my settings to have crypto fun.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 11:52:42 AM

Hi guys,

we are spread a little thin on support this weekend but will answer your questions later today!
Thanks for your support.

All the best,

Rene

evan79

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:53:30 PM

Is there plans to add 1, 5 and 15 minute graphs?
Also when I hover the mouse over a time block on the graph there used to be a pop-up window showing opening, high and low and volume for the block but now nothing shows?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 01:09:35 PM

Also when I hover the mouse over a time block on the graph there used to be a pop-up window showing opening, high and low and volume for the block but now nothing shows?

We have those! The smallest candles are 1 minute candles found in our 30 Minute view.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

frodev

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:07:10 PM

My 24hr average went down to 3.5% this morning due to a couple of pairs that were making very low gains and then a net loss. I've cut those two and replaced them with two that seem much better and 24hr average is steadily climbing back up, now at 4.92%

What is becoming clear to me is that this software can work very well, but it requires a fair amount of time and effort to learn how all the different parameters interact (not surprising - as with anything really) but also quite a bit of analysis of the trading data in order to cull pairs that are not doing well and optimise the ones that are doing well. To this end I have been logging all trade data in a spreadsheet (periodically) over the last 48 hours so I can make such analyses.

It's been quite a lot of effort, which is fine for now laying the groundwork, but it seems it would be fairly straightforward (in theory - I know you guys are very busy) to add some statistics for each trading pair to get an idea of how they are performing over time - eg net gain/loss per each pair (either all-time or the last N-trades/72 hours or something) which pairs have a high percentage of loss trades etc. This is essentially what I've done in my spreadsheet but it would be so useful if it was built in.

Also a way to see at a glance when inputting amounts to trade with - how much that is worth in BTC (or as a percentage of available BTC). A the moment I have to go back to Bittrex, see how much BTC is available to trade with, divide by the number of pairs Im working with and then figure out how much that BTC is worth in each particular pair. It's quite convoluted and makes it hard to hold an overview of what's really going on at a glance. Again something that would be fairly straightforward to put in the app somewhere. I know you have the wallet overview window but it's not very intuitive and there are no tooltips to clarify what each column actually is.

I'm still really happy with the software on the whole, just wanted to point out some areas for improvement Wink
evan79

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:18:00 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 04:06:35 PM by evan79

We have those! The smallest candles are 1 minute candles found in our 30 Minute view.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathon, sorry my question was not clear, will you be adding a 1, 5 and 15 minute view in the future like the exchanges have?
JorisLit

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:50:47 PM

My 24hr average went down to 3.5% this morning due to a couple of pairs that were making very low gains and then a net loss. I've cut those two and replaced them with two that seem much better and 24hr average is steadily climbing back up, now at 4.92%

What is becoming clear to me is that this software can work very well, but it requires a fair amount of time and effort to learn how all the different parameters interact (not surprising - as with anything really) but also quite a bit of analysis of the trading data in order to cull pairs that are not doing well and optimise the ones that are doing well. To this end I have been logging all trade data in a spreadsheet (periodically) over the last 48 hours so I can make such analyses.

It's been quite a lot of effort, which is fine for now laying the groundwork, but it seems it would be fairly straightforward (in theory - I know you guys are very busy) to add some statistics for each trading pair to get an idea of how they are performing over time - eg net gain/loss per each pair (either all-time or the last N-trades/72 hours or something) which pairs have a high percentage of loss trades etc. This is essentially what I've done in my spreadsheet but it would be so useful if it was built in.

Also a way to see at a glance when inputting amounts to trade with - how much that is worth in BTC (or as a percentage of available BTC). A the moment I have to go back to Bittrex, see how much BTC is available to trade with, divide by the number of pairs Im working with and then figure out how much that BTC is worth in each particular pair. It's quite convoluted and makes it hard to hold an overview of what's really going on at a glance. Again something that would be fairly straightforward to put in the app somewhere. I know you have the wallet overview window but it's not very intuitive and there are no tooltips to clarify what each column actually is.

I'm still really happy with the software on the whole, just wanted to point out some areas for improvement Wink

Do you make youtube video's..I would love to hear your explain the basics.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: