Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268517 times)
Barnaby Rudge

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:51:37 AM

Still, I don't even use the bots I use the program to trade manually and keep my eye on multiple pairs on multiple exchanges. Sure the charts lack some functionality compared to trading view or other options but this is more then made up for by the convenience of having everything in one spot.

As my last post on the subject I will quite clearly state my issues and wait for Jonathon to respond. I have been impressed by Marginsoft in the past and their responses to customer issues

1. When I signed up the understanding that the price was cheap as this was a beta and we were assisting with the issues. Thats fine I was happy with this.

This was acknowledged by Jonathon in his post where the price was raised. I understand that the program is still in BETA however I believe that basic things such as the ongoing run time issues should have been resolved before any price rise occurred. Instead they are worse then ever before.

2. It is my opinion that existing issues from the original beta such as the runtime errors should have been resolved before price increases were implemented to add increased functionality. I believe not addressing the existing issues before increasing the price to improve functionality is unethical

3. I believe that not improving functionality or performance and implying that the cost increases were due to increased functionality or performance that simply does not exist was disingenuous and unprofessional.

4. Rushing to release the Bolinger Bot before Christmas in a broken state before Christmas was part of an attempt to justify a price increase and once again this was disingenous and unprofessional. Especially as the bot was released at a time when Marginsoft would be short staffed and not able to offer adequate support to the product and the bot is simply broken and no good to anybody in it's current state.

5. Stating that the ping pong bot had been fixed when this is clearly not the case is pretty poor. I realise these guys are under the pump but based on past observations Marginsoft have defenitely dropped the ball. Based on past positive experiences with this company I expect better

6. I believe that a price increase even though the program is still in BETA would be fair if pre-existing issues were resolved or if increased functionality or features had been added. This is clearly not the case. In fact the product has become worse and marginsoft has clearly let themselves down by jumping the gun and rushing to market when not ready to do so in order to justify a price increase.

7. As a test I have set up multiple trading view pairs in multiple tabs and had no problems with crashes or errors and had them running for three days. Trading view is a free product and what you are competing with. This is what you guys have to compete with. Especially now that you have increased the price it is more important than ever that your product functions and basic problems such as the run time errors are addressed.

8. I support this product and I hope you guys get it together and make it work. I am writing this partially out of frustration but mainly in the hope that you guys can address these issues, improve the product and make it what it can be. The vision is there.

Also to other posters it would be appreciated if you avoid attacking me by implying that my O'S is pirated or that I am too lazy to do the groundowrk to make Leonardo work on my system.

I apologise for taking so much space in the forum and I hope that I have made my concerns clear and will not respond again until Jonathon responds.

Thak you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nerijusvinyl

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:06:09 AM

I didn't mean to be rude or attack you in any way.
Everyone knows that windows have never been a good/stable os  and there could be 10+ reasons why apps do crash, witch is not always could be fixed by developers. That's what I mean Smiley Sorry if that looked like an attack to you.

Anyways, in my opinion if app dev is private company (witch it is), it can do whatever they want to with the price etc
because if they're smart enough to keep a company for so long, I believe they are ready for loss's and profit's in 12months period.
I did testing when there was still old price, when I decided to buy it, price increased and  I was disappointed a little bit to be completely honest,  but I have no trouble to pay more for what I believe in, regardless  I also lost a bit with BB bot, but no complains since it says beta on your own risk.

It's always easy to critic or put all blame on someone, but believe me, it's not easy to keep
- a small company profitable  
- aspecially in in such a small niche and concrete place.
-  make it work good for everyone in every os + version that people using when there is 100+ variables in each one of them... well that's hard. even an IT whales or SAAS company's  do make mistakes every day, but you deal with it or you're free to use other services in the market.

Once again, don't get me wrong, Im not here to insult you. I'm just giving my opinion just like you did
I think we should end up right here with it. at least I'm done.
 since I've been in similar business before , I know how hard it can be sometimes so I do wish all the best for you and to Leonardo!
P.S. it's good to get a criticism but only when it's constructive Smiley

Anyways, there is group in telegram, witch is quite useful if people have questions. but probably not official.

Saturable

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:41:06 AM

Still, I don't even use the bots I use the program to trade manually and keep my eye on multiple pairs on multiple exchanges. Sure the charts lack some functionality compared to trading view or other options but this is more then made up for by the convenience of having everything in one spot.

*snip snip snip*
I believe you have several posts that all say the same thing. We get you're upset. But there isn't really a reason to be.

I remember looking at this bot years ago and seeing the price at $89 for a "limited time." I purchased it almost a month ago, and guess what? That "limited time" banner was still there. Margin have been dumping hours of effort into this bot, and this is one of the most affordable ones that I've found. Gunbot is priced at 0.1 BTC (about $1,357 right now), so with leonArdo being 99.935% cheaper... I have nothing to complain about. Especially because even at its heightened price, you still get free lifetime updates.

And sure... there are bugs. I am one of those people who suffer from the runtime error. My .NET framework is up-to-date. I've placed leonArdo as an exception on all modules of my antivirus software. And, I do agree with you, I shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to get this program running properly. But... it's a beta. We're pretty much paying for early access. We're getting funds to the developers so that they can create a better end product. If that means I can't really use the thing for over an hour at a time, then oh well. If you want a complete product find a new bot, but trust me, they aren't as cheap as this one.
Barnaby Rudge

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:58:33 AM

*snip snip snip*
I believe you have several posts that all say the same thing. We get you're upset. But there isn't really a reason to be.

I remember looking at this bot years ago and seeing the price at $89 for a "limited time." I purchased it almost a month ago, and guess what? That "limited time" banner was still there. Margin have been dumping hours of effort into this bot, and this is one of the most affordable ones that I've found. Gunbot is priced at 0.1 BTC (about $1,357 right now), so with leonArdo being 99.935% cheaper... I have nothing to complain about. Especially because even at its heightened price, you still get free lifetime updates.

And sure... there are bugs. I am one of those people who suffer from the runtime error. My .NET framework is up-to-date. I've placed leonArdo as an exception on all modules of my antivirus software. And, I do agree with you, I shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to get this program running properly. But... it's a beta. We're pretty much paying for early access. We're getting funds to the developers so that they can create a better end product. If that means I can't really use the thing for over an hour at a time, then oh well. If you want a complete product find a new bot, but trust me, they aren't as cheap as this one.

I agree I like the product. But it's not up to you to defend the product it's up to marginsoft.

Also the dev cant just do what they like. They are bound by consumer laws and are now bound by the possibility of credit card chargebacks now that they accept paypal as a payment method. If i had payed via normal channels for this I would defenitely be considering launching a credit card chargeback.

Also it's not just a matter of the product been unusable for an hour or two. The product is completely broken. Marginsoft have done themselves a disservice by rushing this release out before Christmas when it clearly was not ready

Jonathons' abscence is defenetiely noted. So far there has been no response from marginsoft  defending there product. The only people commenting defending appear to be shills who have launched personal attacks against me by implying that I am using a pirated OS or that I am too lazy to make the product work properly and that the onus to figure it out is on me. I have never seen him go this long without responding to criticism of his product before.

That alone should tell you something.

My recomendation to any person considering purchasing the bot is not to do so at this stage until the runtime issues are resolved.

Perhaps Marginsoft could respond with a timeline of when they expect this to occurr
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:30:30 AM

New Year's Tip for crypto traders, especially helpful for users of leonArdo.

Keep some type of ledger, I do 3 times a day. Mark the date time-time, BTC price, how much is on which exchanges, and soft wallet, in both currency of your choice and satoshi count. We know BTC can move 30% in a day so what you want to grow is the satoshi count. Throw in any brief notes that may be meaningful.

Keep it fun, if it hurts change your position.  Grin

Happy New Year!

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
Saturable

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:02:41 AM

*snip snip snip*

I agree I like the product. But it's not up to you to defend the product it's up to marginsoft.

Also the dev cant just do what they like. They are bound by consumer laws and are now bound by the possibility of credit card chargebacks now that they accept paypal as a payment method. If i had payed via normal channels for this I would defenitely be considering launching a credit card chargeback.

*snip*

Jonathons' abscence is defenetiely noted. So far there has been no response from marginsoft  defending there product. *snip*

First, you wouldn't need to issue a chargeback. Just contact them if you want a refund. Simple as that. Second, perhaps the reason you aren't getting a response from them is because, as they stated previously, it's the holidays and they're working with a skeleton team. Regardless I don't think it's worth my (or anybody's) time arguing here. If you want a response from Margin just email them.
Barnaby Rudge

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:27:51 AM

Again why are you defending them. I know that they monitor this forum. I am posting these comments for the benefit of others who may be considering purchasing the program.

And again. They should not have rushed a broken release out before christmas when they would not be in a position to support it because of the Holidays. I will say it again doing this and using it as jusification for a price rice IMO is disingenous, borderline unethical and pretty poor business practice.

Stating that hey had fixed the Ping Pong bot when this is not the case is just icing on the cake.

I have been a fan of Marginsoft in the past and this type of behaviour is out of character so I would appreciate their reply. Not replies from randoms with no insight.

The reason I am posting these comments on a public forum is  to warn potential purchasers that something seems to have changed at Marginsoft and to give them the right of reply.
gnoe

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:43:53 AM

Happy New Year to everyone with lots of coins in our pockets.  Grin
gnoe

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:47:21 AM

I'm planning to use a raspberry soon or a Banana Pi M3 with 2gb ram.

What is the raspberry's power consuption?
10 watts?

Thanks.

I have seen that the problem of crashes is frequent in installations on windows. The same thing happened to me, but I was fortunate that version 3.7.3 runs on raspberry and since I had one, I installed it on it and it has worked well, running for days without hanging up.
If you have the raspberry option, I would recommend it, especially because it can be up and running all the time.

Happy New Year to all of you!!

biege

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:24:47 AM

I hope you add a functionality to rearrange the tabs.
m.otion

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:04:50 PM

It seems like people are mostly concerned about the runtime issues which I had as well, but I must say they're gone after I've removed the unstable overclock from my PC and updated to the latest version of leonardo.
Midway down writing this post I've run into a c++ error hahahaha, haven't seen them in days!

Anyway, I am more interested in knowing as to why does the bollinger band trader has its function in reverse. It buys expensive and sells cheap!  Undecided

https://ibin.co/3mhQG8fga5NB.png
https://ibin.co/3mhQWzyeu9h2.png

Look at the screens and see that the bands are positioned kinda alright, but the calls for bits/sales are all over the place and mostly the wrong way around.

Anyone can advise on what's going wrong here?

Appreciate it!
WanyikaBasenjis

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:05:29 PM

OMG. Welcome to the club  Grin  Grin  Grin
I have also the "Runtime error".
First time i have it.

https://i.gyazo.com/e7e52a21ea17823c05db1355c4fff531.png

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 01:29:13 PM

It seems like people are mostly concerned about the runtime issues which I had as well, but I must say they're gone after I've removed the unstable overclock from my PC and updated to the latest version of leonardo.
Midway down writing this post I've run into a c++ error hahahaha, haven't seen them in days!

Anyway, I am more interested in knowing as to why does the bollinger band trader has its function in reverse. It buys expensive and sells cheap!  Undecided

Look at the screens and see that the bands are positioned kinda alright, but the calls for bits/sales are all over the place and mostly the wrong way around.

Appreciate it!

We posted this in the release notes, here on the thread and have sent every customer a mail

Important note regarding the just introduced Bollinger Band Bot:

“The new Bollinger Band bot is in beta and we advise you to not trade with large amounts with it until all issues have been resolved. It turns out in certain circumstances when bad data is delivered by exchange APIs that its new spot order type can be triggered erroneously. In a subsequent patch release we handled one such case but there may be more.

Another thing to note is that although there is stop loss available on the bot, there is no Min Effective Gain which given certain parameters and market conditions can mean that sometimes a loss making cycle is executed by the bot.

We broke our necks to get this release out and that coupled with record numbers of new customers means I have to give my team a break over Christmas so that we can come back strong after the holidays and make all the improvements and, indeed, introduce new features going forward.”

Without seeing the logs I cannot say for sure, but it looks like you are running into this issue.

We hope to have a fix out in the next few days.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 01:30:48 PM

OMG. Welcome to the club  Grin  Grin  Grin
I have also the "Runtime error".
First time i have it.

If it occurs after a couple of days on Windows then our hope is that a Win 64 bit binary will fix it. Until then you should consider re-starting leonArdo before it crashes. Please wait until the terminal is not in the middle of an action and perhaps even manually save strategies first by right clicking the strategy button.

Sorry about this inconvenience. We are working on it and it's a priority.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 01:31:23 PM

I hope you add a functionality to rearrange the tabs.

Which tabs? You can move around currency pairs and markets.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 01:39:31 PM

Hey guys,

we are looking into the ping pong bot and the runtime errors and we keep you updated on all developments!
Thanks for submitting bug reports and your support.

We wish you all a happy new Year!

Why was the program removed from BETA and price increased when the runtime issues that have been a constant and ongoing issue for months have not been properly addressed.

I really like Leonardo and believe that the product has great potenital. However it is way to buggy for a full release at this stage.

I would appreciate a response from Jonathon on this one please

Hi Barnaby,

Maybe we were premature taking the product out of beta - wait a minute. We are still in beta! Look at the login screen. Would it have made a difference for you though? Did you buy it because it was no longer a beta. Do you want a refund?

We are working on a Windows 64 bit binary which we think will fix the runtime errors that some windows users have been experiencing.

Who said anything about you running a pirated OS? Was it someone from my team?

As for the static ping pong issue. We did fix the issue! The issue you are experiencing is one I haven't been able to reproduce. If we can reproduce it we will fix it. Please contact us at support@marginsoftware.de to get the best experience regarding this issue. Your input can help us to get to the bottom of it.

And please note that it is New Year's Day and support may not be at the level it usually is. We deserve a break too at least once a year. Most of the team are back full time tomorrow.

Here's to a great 2018.

Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 01:41:08 PM

What i do not like is that the Bot (and yes i like "The Bot") could have hold the BTG before selling, because the MACD was not yet declining. I could have earned much more.

Bought at 235 and sold at 238 and could have done it in 245 or to be save at 244

Any chance MACD will be implemented in the future or something like that.

We are looking into endowing the current bots with a trend watcher that helps avoid this situation.

Thanks for your input.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 01:45:32 PM

Again why are you defending them. I know that they monitor this forum. I am posting these comments for the benefit of others who may be considering purchasing the program.

And again. They should not have rushed a broken release out before christmas when they would not be in a position to support it because of the Holidays. I will say it again doing this and using it as jusification for a price rice IMO is disingenous, borderline unethical and pretty poor business practice.

Stating that hey had fixed the Ping Pong bot when this is not the case is just icing on the cake.

I have been a fan of Marginsoft in the past and this type of behaviour is out of character so I would appreciate their reply. Not replies from randoms with no insight.

The reason I am posting these comments on a public forum is  to warn potential purchasers that something seems to have changed at Marginsoft and to give them the right of reply.

I have replied to you now.

Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 02:00:10 PM

As my last post on the subject I will quite clearly state my issues and wait for Jonathon to respond. I have been impressed by Marginsoft in the past and their responses to customer issues

1. When I signed up the understanding that the price was cheap as this was a beta and we were assisting with the issues. Thats fine I was happy with this.

This was acknowledged by Jonathon in his post where the price was raised. I understand that the program is still in BETA however I believe that basic things such as the ongoing run time issues should have been resolved before any price rise occurred. Instead they are worse then ever before.

2. It is my opinion that existing issues from the original beta such as the runtime errors should have been resolved before price increases were implemented to add increased functionality. I believe not addressing the existing issues before increasing the price to improve functionality is unethical

3. I believe that not improving functionality or performance and implying that the cost increases were due to increased functionality or performance that simply does not exist was disingenuous and unprofessional.

4. Rushing to release the Bolinger Bot before Christmas in a broken state before Christmas was part of an attempt to justify a price increase and once again this was disingenous and unprofessional. Especially as the bot was released at a time when Marginsoft would be short staffed and not able to offer adequate support to the product and the bot is simply broken and no good to anybody in it's current state.

5. Stating that the ping pong bot had been fixed when this is clearly not the case is pretty poor. I realise these guys are under the pump but based on past observations Marginsoft have defenitely dropped the ball. Based on past positive experiences with this company I expect better

6. I believe that a price increase even though the program is still in BETA would be fair if pre-existing issues were resolved or if increased functionality or features had been added. This is clearly not the case. In fact the product has become worse and marginsoft has clearly let themselves down by jumping the gun and rushing to market when not ready to do so in order to justify a price increase.

7. As a test I have set up multiple trading view pairs in multiple tabs and had no problems with crashes or errors and had them running for three days. Trading view is a free product and what you are competing with. This is what you guys have to compete with. Especially now that you have increased the price it is more important than ever that your product functions and basic problems such as the run time errors are addressed.

8. I support this product and I hope you guys get it together and make it work. I am writing this partially out of frustration but mainly in the hope that you guys can address these issues, improve the product and make it what it can be. The vision is there.

Also to other posters it would be appreciated if you avoid attacking me by implying that my O'S is pirated or that I am too lazy to do the groundowrk to make Leonardo work on my system.

I apologise for taking so much space in the forum and I hope that I have made my concerns clear and will not respond again until Jonathon responds.

Thak you

You believe many things there Barnaby.

I believe we have a a great product and a great team and a great price at $129 for a lifetime.

This is software by the way. There will always be issues no matter how one plans or how long one waits. Apple also releases patches.

We are working on the Windows issue and hope to release a fix soon. I cannot reproduce your ping pong issue.

As for getting the release out before Xmas. It came with many important updates and I won't apologise for it.

If you want support write a mail to support@marginsoftware.de.

Jonathan

m.otion

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:06:59 PM

https://ibin.co/3mhQG8fga5NB.png
https://ibin.co/3mhQWzyeu9h2.png

Appreciate it!

We posted this in the release notes, here on the thread and have sent every customer a mail

Important note regarding the just introduced Bollinger Band Bot:

“The new Bollinger Band bot is in beta and we advise you to not trade with large amounts with it until all issues have been resolved. It turns out in certain circumstances when bad data is delivered by exchange APIs that its new spot order type can be triggered erroneously. In a subsequent patch release we handled one such case but there may be more.

Another thing to note is that although there is stop loss available on the bot, there is no Min Effective Gain which given certain parameters and market conditions can mean that sometimes a loss making cycle is executed by the bot.

We broke our necks to get this release out and that coupled with record numbers of new customers means I have to give my team a break over Christmas so that we can come back strong after the holidays and make all the improvements and, indeed, introduce new features going forward.”

Without seeing the logs I cannot say for sure, but it looks like you are running into this issue.

We hope to have a fix out in the next few days.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

I have read that part and understand it well, that's why I'm not giving the bots more than £15 Tongue

How can I rid myself of this issue though? Is it something the developers have to fix or are my settings are just messed uP? lol
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: