Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:42:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:44:39 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 10:56:36 PM by leonArdo@margin

It is about greediness to capitalize on past users who were fooled to pay a "Lifetime License".

Where did you read a promise for lifetime UPDATES? If they stated that, you may have a case, otherwise you DO have acquired a lifetime license. You can use your product forever. Yes, yes, APIs can change, the old product won't be updated anymore etc., but that would fit in a "lifetime updates" model.

There's simply almost no business that can survive without either charging for updates, support, or subscription, unless they have a constantly growing user base, which is not the reality. Almost all software that come to my mind fit in one of the models I mentioned.

And calling them "greedy", "misleading", "cheaters" or whatever else you called them is absolutely unfair. First because they didn't break a promise. Second because they listened to the users and offered a very good deal for existing ones. And third, because everyone here who have done business with them, used support etc. know they are extremely honest and decent people.

Thanks a lot for your support dbolivar

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:49:44 PM

I do NOT recommend anyone to buy anything from this developer.

I bought the unlimited edition just a couple of weeks ago FOR 249 USD (my decision was based on their false claims) and all I can have now is just 6 month of supported product. I mean... seriously?

Yes maybe "lifetime support" doesn't literally mean lifetime, but when I invested I chose this product and paid for it based on that information - to get at least 1, maybe 2-3 years of supported product.

What I've got instead, is 6 month of supported product for $249. Integrity? Anyone? You do what, when and how you want and that's ok for you. What you promised just a couple weeks ago is now... well, not valid. You guys lied to me. 

No one lied to you.

to get at least 1, maybe 2-3 years of supported product.

You GET 1 YEAR of margin FOR FREE. Read the post!!!!

We also will continue to offer support to leonArdo customers. No one said support was ending.

And you get to keep what you bought for LIFE!!!!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:56:16 PM

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say that those of you who are supporting us at this difficult time - thanks so much.

It really means a lot to us.

We are working our asses off to get the next release out which will be the first version margin version.

Updates to follow.

Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 11:04:41 PM

Hey Jonathan,

Please let us know if this change/switch to margin will be taking place in the next day or two.

I'm interested in purchasing leonArdo but would only want to do so knowing that I can receive the 50% discount on the continued subscription after the free trail. However I would like to look at it tomorrow in detail before making a decision and just want to get a better idea of how soon the launch will be taking place.

Thanks!

Not sure if we answered you yet.

Actually we are still a couple of weeks away from the switch as there is just so much to do to get everything ready. Once we are closer to the release date for margin we will give some notice here.

For now, anybody who purchases leonArdo will get the offer all leonArdo customers will get.

Best wishes and thanks for your support,
Jonathan

nthnode404

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Everything I say is in My Opinion Only!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:44:48 PM

I wish I kept my Bitcoin instead of buying this bot. I would have made more money in the long term just holding BTC instead of now having to pay more for monthly subscriptions! I'm not going to put any more money into this. It was also difficult to learn without clear step by step tutorials on how to get started and see it making a profit.

Would you mind to share your strategy for trading in profit? Cause so far I am in minus.

Well there's my problem, without the clear step by step tutorials, I was unable to have a strategy nor did I make any money. I am in the same boat as you are, in the minus.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:43:48 AM

Yesterday and today I have been reading a great book which has become a classic and is still relevant, Bollinger on Bollinger Bands by John Bollinger. It gives a very good history on the method itself, which was named spontaneously during a live radio interview!

I am revamping all the trades I have on Binance which are strictly Bollinger Band trades, made a couple of changes over the week and wasn't satisfied with the results so I decided read and learn from the man himself. The book gives great insight to trading and the history of trading as well as the thought process and mathematics that goes into the methodology.

Being new to trading it has enriched my insight greatly. If anyone wants to up their game, I would certainly recommend his book.

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
Ghostkai

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:09:03 AM

Congrats on the re branding! I like it, and as an early adopter I will continue to support this team with using the new and improved Margin.
TheMatrix101

Activity: 330
Merit: 130

Ⓚ Kore Application Developer Ⓚ

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:14:58 AM

Hey Jonathan, thanks for all the work you and your team have put into this project. I, and surely many others, am very grateful for your work. I am a bit confused on the API changes though, from what I can make of your posts your bot wont be tied to your api key anymore but rather to your margin account which holds your api key allowing you to update your key as needed?

...I may or may not have lost my bittrex key and haven't used the bot since...so this would be a welcome change Smiley

Again thanks for all the time and effort you guys have put into this.

Matrix

█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
al1n

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:46:22 AM

Jonathan (leonArdo@margin) please have a look here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3062286.msg31539893#msg31539893

Is this a scam attempt or it is for real?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 10:47:26 AM

I wish I kept my Bitcoin instead of buying this bot. I would have made more money in the long term just holding BTC instead of now having to pay more for monthly subscriptions! I'm not going to put any more money into this. It was also difficult to learn without clear step by step tutorials on how to get started and see it making a profit.

Would you mind to share your strategy for trading in profit? Cause so far I am in minus.

Well there's my problem, without the clear step by step tutorials, I was unable to have a strategy nor did I make any money. I am in the same boat as you are, in the minus.

We cannot give trading advice. Legally we are not allowed. We can only provide a tool to trade with.

By the way, the fact that had you just held BTC rather than traded you would have made more money is not really a negative for leonArdo if you consider the following

Cryptocurrency value tracker Coindesk places the value of one bitcoin on January 1, 2017, at the price of $997.69. On December 16 of the same year, it reached $19,343, a near-2,000 percent increase in value.

Honestly, if we could guarantee 2000 percentage a year we would not have sold leonArdo for a laughable $129  Wink

It is always a mix between human and bot that works best. So although we provide a super easy to use interface we cannot tell you what parameters to set up a given bot with. For that you need to do your homework. The job we have set ourselves is to build the best crypto currency trading terminal on the market. We think we are already leading in that regard and we will continue to push out lots of new features over the coming months.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 10:53:50 AM

Congrats on the re branding! I like it, and as an early adopter I will continue to support this team with using the new and improved Margin.

Thanks a lot for your support! It means a lot to us.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 10:56:56 AM

Jonathan (leonArdo@margin) please have a look here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3062286.msg31539893#msg31539893

Is this a scam attempt or it is for real?

It's a scam alright. Thanks for highlighting!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 11:01:54 AM

Hey Jonathan, thanks for all the work you and your team have put into this project. I, and surely many others, am very grateful for your work. I am a bit confused on the API changes though, from what I can make of your posts your bot wont be tied to your api key anymore but rather to your margin account which holds your api key allowing you to update your key as needed?

...I may or may not have lost my bittrex key and haven't used the bot since...so this would be a welcome change Smiley

Again thanks for all the time and effort you guys have put into this.

Matrix

Hi Matrix,

Thanks for your support!

margin won't have your half secret baked into the binary like leonArdo had. Instead customers can add a half secret for each market they want to use through their account on the website. It's super easy and super fast. No need to wait for support to build you a new version  Wink

Also note that even if you only bought a single license for leonArdo, during the 6 month free period when you can use margin you can add as many exchange connections as you like.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

DarthKegRaider

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:17:27 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 08:28:42 PM by DarthKegRaider

Buy on a low trough, sell on a high peak.  It sounds easy enough, and can be much farther from the truth.  A couple of 'tips' for what I do.  Now remember kids, this is what "I" do.  It's not official marketing advice, hell I only started with Crypto in December!  I don't do anything financial for a living, my wife controls my everyday wallet, not my crypto!

1) Check out coinmarketcap dot com, research the coin you would like to invest in.  In particular, the 24 hour volume and change % in the last 24 hours.  Honestly, if it's a high change, stay away as you have already missed that wave.  Keep an eye on it though, there might be opportunities to jump in when the FOMO / pump&dump subsides.  Higher dollar volumes means more people are actively trading that coin, so you should see some action quickly.
2) I use "Margin Maker" 98% of the time.  I haven't had a problem with bollenger bot selling at the wrong points, but it just doesn't trade as often as MM in my opinion.  I'm all for chasing many small (3-5%) gains in a day.
3) Using LeonArdo.  Search for the coin you wish to trade by clicking the 3 horizontal lines in the top left, Add Crypto pair, search.
4) Create a strategy for that pair.  Click on the chess piece, slide up or type in the amount of crypto you wish to trade with.  Now, NEVER slide to 100%.  If this is a test run, start out with just more than minimum or up to 1/5th of your total amount.
5) Adjust your statistics window in which Leo will make decisions.  I generally work around 3 hours.
6) Adjust your "Buy margin [% window]" and "Sell margin [% window]".  Me, I use about 20 on both.  Zoom in on your active candles and look at the peaks and troughs, try and match them.
6) Minimum effective gain.  ALWAYS set this.  I was losing in the begining because it would sell in a peak below the purchase price.  Set it to 3% or whatever you 'think' your profit should be on this crypto.
7) Maximum order age.  I'm on Bittrex, so the minimum i can use is 0.10.
8 ) Tick the "Avoid direct buy" and "Avoid direct sell", and put in say "0.300".  this will tell leo to try and buy at 0.3% lower than what is currently on offer.
9) Right click your chess piece and "Save all strategies", so it sticks if leo crashes.
10) Hit start and leave Leo do his job.

If all goes well, and you have a horizontal wavey market, you should be making 3% gains every trade.  Of course, this doesn't sound like much at $3 for every $100 traded.  But, if Leo smashes out 10 trades in the 24 hour period, you now have an extra $30.  This $30 can be then used to start another crypto trade by going back to step one, and researching.

Also, use an app on your phone to track trades.  I use "Delta" on my android.  you can enter in the exact amounts at buy and sell times, and it will give you an exact amount gained or lost.
Seriously man, it's a pretty fun learning curve.  If you take the time to play with the demo side, and learn it first, you can't really go wrong.  I spent 4 days straight playing with Leo before I purchased.

Good luck, happy trades.
- DKR
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 10:30:25 PM

Buy on a low trough, sell on a high peak.  It sounds easy enough, and can be much farther from the truth.  A couple of 'tips' for what I do.  Now remember kids, this is what "I" do.  It's not official marketing advice, hell I only started with Crypto in December!  I don't do anything financial for a living, my wife controls my everyday wallet, not my crypto!

1) Check out coinmarketcap dot com, research the coin you would like to invest in.  In particular, the 24 hour volume and change % in the last 24 hours.  Honestly, if it's a high change, stay away as you have already missed that wave.  Keep an eye on it though, there might be opportunities to jump in when the FOMO / pump&dump subsides.  Higher dollar volumes means more people are actively trading that coin, so you should see some action quickly.
2) I use "Margin Maker" 98% of the time.  I haven't had a problem with bollenger bot selling at the wrong points, but it just doesn't trade as often as MM in my opinion.  I'm all for chasing many small (3-5%) gains in a day.
3) Using LeonArdo.  Search for the coin you wish to trade by clicking the 3 horizontal lines in the top left, Add Crypto pair, search.
4) Create a strategy for that pair.  Click on the chess piece, slide up or type in the amount of crypto you wish to trade with.  Now, NEVER slide to 100%.  If this is a test run, start out with just more than minimum or up to 1/5th of your total amount.
5) Adjust your statistics window in which Leo will make decisions.  I generally work around 3 hours.
6) Adjust your "Buy margin [% window]" and "Sell margin [% window]".  Me, I use about 20 on both.  Zoom in on your active candles and look at the peaks and troughs, try and match them.
6) Minimum effective gain.  ALWAYS set this.  I was losing in the begining because it would sell in a peak below the purchase price.  Set it to 3% or whatever you 'think' your profit should be on this crypto.
7) Maximum order age.  I'm on Bittrex, so the minimum i can use is 0.10.
8 ) Tick the "Avoid direct buy" and "Avoid direct sell", and put in say "0.300".  this will tell leo to try and buy at 0.3% lower than what is currently on offer.
9) Right click your chess piece and "Save all strategies", so it sticks if leo crashes.
10) Hit start and leave Leo do his job.

If all goes well, and you have a horizontal wavey market, you should be making 3% gains every trade.  Of course, this doesn't sound like much at $3 for every $100 traded.  But, if Leo smashes out 10 trades in the 24 hour period, you now have an extra $30.  This $30 can be then used to start another crypto trade by going back to step one, and researching.

Also, use an app on your phone to track trades.  I use "Delta" on my android.  you can enter in the exact amounts at buy and sell times, and it will give you an exact amount gained or lost.
Seriously man, it's a pretty fun learning curve.  If you take the time to play with the demo side, and learn it first, you can't really go wrong.  I spent 4 days straight playing with Leo before I purchased.

Good luck, happy trades.
- DKR

Thanks for sharing your experience DKR!

All the best,
Jonathan

jproxer

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:39:33 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience DKR!

All the best,
Jonathan
Can you please share some of your own experience, not as Leonardo owner/devoloper but as a leonardo user?  Wink Wink Grin

...and congrats for the re-branding!
victory1908

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:23:04 AM

Hi i'm having problem adding Poloniex. Every other market seem to be ok but I can not add Poloniex (no currency pair available to select at the right conner)

Any one got same issue?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 08:42:35 AM

Hi i'm having problem adding Poloniex. Every other market seem to be ok but I can not add Poloniex (no currency pair available to select at the right conner)

Any one got same issue?

Hi,

Poloniex put up a barrier for some regions. Can you type this URL into your browser:

https://poloniex.com/public?command=return24hVolume

Does it immediately show you the list of currency pairs or do you first have to get past a re-captcha?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

victory1908

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:32:32 AM

Any one got same issue?

Hi,

Poloniex put up a barrier for some regions. Can you type this URL into your browser:

https://poloniex.com/public?command=return24hVolume

Does it immediately show you the list of currency pairs or do you first have to get past a re-captcha?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Hi i go to the URL and i need to get past a re-captcha
allyrbase

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:34:13 PM

It is about greediness to capitalize on past users who were fooled to pay a "Lifetime License".

Where did you read a promise for lifetime UPDATES? If they stated that, you may have a case, otherwise you DO have acquired a lifetime license. You can use your product forever. Yes, yes, APIs can change, the old product won't be updated anymore etc., but that would fit in a "lifetime updates" model.

Not updates... he's referring to "Lifetime License" as Margin STILL states on their order page, even though they've decided to pivot to a Subscription base. How could anyone think this is not deceiving to unsuspecting new licensees?

When development ceases on a product, an honest developer should be forthcoming and disclose that they are selling you and EOL product license.

https://image.ibb.co/jMUQ8S/Margin.png

My suggestion would be to have a notice or direct link to the press release on the "BUY" page so that people know exactly what they are getting.

If you click buy we advertise that we are re-branding and link to the post explaining all. This has been on our landing page and pricing page since right after we announced.

So get your facts right before casting stones.

And it still IS A LIFETIME LICENSE.

Come on... Your re-branding link below the offer boxes reads like fine print and can be overseen by some.

Not interested in escalating this debate any further, so for the sake of clarity let me ask you this... If someone were to purchase a leonardo ultra license today for $249, will you continue to support your product even though development has ceased?  For example, if an exchange makes a sweeping API change that prevents users from trading or affects indicators/ bots in some way, will Margin patch leonardo so that it's license holders can resume using your software as it was designed on said exchange?
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: