Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:30:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268518 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 02:50:49 PM

Is anyone here still using Leonardo? It serves me well on Bittrex and I am in full doubt whether should I move to new margin software.
I kind of have this rule about  not touching thing that works well.

You can sign-up for margin, add new key pairs on the site and use in both in parallel. Just keep in mind to not open too many pairs if you run it from one IP as the exchanges also limit the max connection from a single IP. So you can test drive it and compare it head to head.

All the best,

Rene

Thanks for your suggestion. I would like to compare them working in parallel. Should I pay something for such  test drive? In fact I have in my house two ethernet lines from different ISP but affraid Bittrex will prevent  me from  using  both of them  simultaneously.

Hi naska,

No need to pay anything yet. As a leonArdo customer you have an account at margin.de already. Just use the email address you registered with us and click on the Forgot your password link to reset it. You still have 5 months of margin left for free.

You won't have any issues with API quotas if you use different ISP connections!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbolivar

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:38:29 PM

Hi Jonathan, I have one question regarding that: let's say I have Margin on a remote VPS, and a local installation. Since they are on different ISP connections, can I leave both running at the same time, on the same exchanges, for the following scenario:

- Margin@VPS: bots.
- Margin@local: manual trading.

Are both instances going to be synchronized in real-time, meaning if the "bot" instance makes a trade, I'll see it immediately on my local installation and vice-versa? Any possible side-effects with that scenario?
cruxio

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:54:54 PM

Picked this up yesterday. Very slick interface, good API responses, order books and multiple bots per trading pair in one app is amazing. There's only one feature that is missing, that was very useful from the Quatloo days...dynamic ping pong of the order books based on the bid/ask spread. It would make entrance and exits a very easy task.
I've read that the team is planning a strategy update to allow some customization. Hopefully we can put something together. Looking forward to the next update.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 09:24:47 AM

Hi Jonathan, I have one question regarding that: let's say I have Margin on a remote VPS, and a local installation. Since they are on different ISP connections, can I leave both running at the same time, on the same exchanges, for the following scenario:

- Margin@VPS: bots.
- Margin@local: manual trading.

Are both instances going to be synchronized in real-time, meaning if the "bot" instance makes a trade, I'll see it immediately on my local installation and vice-versa? Any possible side-effects with that scenario?

Yes, you will see all orders immediately as each instance polls the exchange API. What you won't know is who owns a particular order as the two instances of margin are local and have no knowledge of each other. So your bot order on the VPS will show up as an ordinary limit order on your local instance of margin.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 09:26:14 AM

Picked this up yesterday. Very slick interface, good API responses, order books and multiple bots per trading pair in one app is amazing. There's only one feature that is missing, that was very useful from the Quatloo days...dynamic ping pong of the order books based on the bid/ask spread. It would make entrance and exits a very easy task.
I've read that the team is planning a strategy update to allow some customization. Hopefully we can put something together. Looking forward to the next update.

Hey cruxio,

Great to have you onboard! And thanks for the nice comments.

Can you describe the dynamic ping pong bot a bit for me?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 09:26:59 AM

Hey, I have a suggestion. One thing that’s kind of a pain with the BOT. The Minimum Effective gains is a % which is fine I can figure it out but it takes time. If somehow you could find a way to put a $ amount also it would help greatly.
I find using this bot I’m am constantly trying to find the right % to make a penny or two on one coin. It would be much easier to just type .02 gain per coin then trying to figure out if 4% or 2.2% will give me .02 per coin.

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll look into it but shouldn't be too difficult to add.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

cruxio

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:27:02 PM

I'm also seeing not so desirable effects of the new BB strategies, ranging form not as good profits as the MM would have done, to very strange multiple buy/sell orders in short succession. I left 7 pairs trading in BB strategies overnight (bittrex) to see the effect - overall the BTC value went down by about 12%. Now granted everything came down 20-40% overnight, but I've had the margin maker bots running in similar situations and still ended up with a net profit. I can't post any screenshots just now.
For now I will stick to the margin maker bots, maybe run one or two BBs on the side to see how they get on.
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:04:37 PM

I'm also seeing not so desirable effects of the new BB strategies, ranging form not as good profits as the MM would have done, to very strange multiple buy/sell orders in short succession. I left 7 pairs trading in BB strategies overnight (bittrex) to see the effect - overall the BTC value went down by about 12%. Now granted everything came down 20-40% overnight, but I've had the margin maker bots running in similar situations and still ended up with a net profit. I can't post any screenshots just now.
For now I will stick to the margin maker bots, maybe run one or two BBs on the side to see how they get on.
The multiple buy/sells is indicative of a shallow order book at that moment. Bollinger Band bot only does spot buys and spot sells so it has to contract for enough buys/sells to fill the order.. If the book is shallow at that moment it scatters doing the best it can so you may have a percent or more range in the multiple orders to fill the trade amount. This is another reason why the trade amount does not always equal what you requested. A week or two ago I posted a screen shot of 17 orders taking place in a single second to fill an order.

I too had stop losses trigger, but the n00bs are learning, each of the last 4 successive dips I have had fewer and fewer stop loss triggered. Almost identical to last December.

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
CTShaman

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:22:43 PM

Hope you are ready for action! In my opinion this run up is the same we experienced in November and December.

Last year I was using mArgin Maker when it happened, this time I hope to take some sage advice, when it doubles set half aside!  Grin

CREDIT to htL-NL (cryptocompare post) for all the hard work!
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/btc/post/p_921594

Posting the graphs here because it is so clunky to drill through the post. I've added my comments at the bottom of the original post.

CTShaman

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:45:56 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 03:54:10 AM by CTShaman

Hello guys/
share your results and settings for Leo

https://ibb.co/hq0kDn

https://ibb.co/cMMmKS
Edited to add that the market volatility the last few days has dealt me a mighty kick to the codpiece.
I am reworking my stop loss settings based on this article.
https://www.quant-investing.com/blogs/general/2015/02/16/truths-about-stop-losses-that-nobody-wants-to-believe

CTShaman

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:30:59 PM

Tip for Binance Traders (will also work other exchanges using something similar to BNB).

Having to buy BNB every day or every other day is too reminiscent to grocery shopping for me. Roll Eyes

You know how it is, go grocery shopping on Tuesday, the wife's favorite flavor of the week is on sale, you should get 30 but you only want to spend for 6. You get home to find out she has plans for 10, the next day you head out for the store, the sale is gone but now they are 20% more expensive than they were originally. Exasperation!  Shocked

I feel the same way trying to keep BNB in stock, but for weeks on end.  Angry

Here is what I did to solve/resolve the problem. I trade with a set amount. Calculated the set amount x 5 and put in a low bid for BNB (you aren't paying market rate are you?  Cry ). Then added 6 BNB pair (while I waited for the bid to come in), some may get away with 3 pair and some may need as many as 8 pair depending on your leverage. So now in addition to all the BTC pair and the token USDT pair, I now have the potential for having 5 BNB pair bringing home the bacon to feed my greedy trading.

As for the 6th BNB pair, because margin's Bollinger Bands bot does spot buys, typically I will run with 20-40% more bots than I can actually afford and yes, sometimes they stop or under buy because of lack of funds, but not very often.  Wink

There are so many tricks and tips to bot trading at this moment I feel like a n00b because it took me so long to wake up to just allow the bot to get the best price and get a little profit in process.  Cheesy

I am having a good day and I hope you are too!  Grin

anuuva

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:25:27 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 02:37:54 AM by anuuva

any tips on getting this bot to not crash?
tried on 2 ubuntu and 2 windows machines and cant get more than a day out of it

is it reliable on raspberry pi? i have a B+ (2014) i could try it on

also the RSS feed feature seems to be broken. I see icons but nothing shows on hover like in leonardo
sadnblueish

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:55:09 PM

also the RSS feed feature seems to be broken. I see icons but nothing shows on hover like in leonardo

Same reliability issue with me on Windows Home x64. Works good for 12-18 hours then it starts increasing CPU utilization before crashing.
CTShaman

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:36:04 PM

Shallow order book:

Had the stop loss set at 15% but it could not get out until there were enough orders to sell to so it went down another 5%. At the time of sale there were only 34 BTC per hour. Did not mean to whale, but last night was a real rodeo with BTC begging for release at 10G.

Billyboy4022

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:36:23 AM

Same reliability issue with me on Windows Home x64. Works good for 12-18 hours then it starts increasing CPU utilization before crashing.

yea im finding the same thing
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:03:04 PM

Can you take a look at the memory utilisation? If you click in the bottom right hand corner you will see a graph.

Can you contact support@margin.de and send us a screenshot of that after 12-18 hours.

Thanks a lot,
Jonathan

shifty303

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:17:03 PM

I've been using 3.7 x64 for a while and I just installed 3.8 x64. I'm getting the error "The code execution cannot proceed because libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I've reinstalled and get the same error. Anyone know of a fix?

Win10x64 Pro 1709
dbolivar

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:23:11 PM

Interesting article; as always, bringing valuable contributions to the forum, thanks! My personal experience with stop losses is somewhat mixed:

1) For high volume markets, it usually works, although I was commonly using a lower % than the article suggests (and indeed, sometimes it was triggered for the market to recover shortly after).

2) For low volume markets, which are susceptible to huge variations and market manipulations, I think it's usually a trap; but I barely trade in these markets anyway, because of these reasons (easy targets for P&D groups, for instance).

3) Trailing stop is wonderful if you place it in an upward trend. Margin has support for these orders on Bitfinex, which I tend to favor given this and some other reasons.

4) BUT despite being useful, given the wild west fuckfest the crypto markets have been recently (have you noticed what was precisely called the "Bart Formations", which is basically Bart Simpson's head, happening all the time with the BTC market some time ago?), I've been focusing on manual trading, and usually go to sleep with USD/USDT. Too many shocks after waking up when bought in crypto... Smiley
anuuva

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:40:10 AM

Can you take a look at the memory utilisation? If you click in the bottom right hand corner you will see a graph.

Can you contact support@margin.de and send us a screenshot of that after 12-18 hours.

Thanks a lot,
Jonathan

thanks guys, sorry for sounding like an ass but its getting frustrating.

if its easier to implement a workaround for the moment it would be appreciated - some features i think you need anyway:
- constant saving log to text file
- button to resume all bots
- make "save all strategies" a separate button
- watchdog to restart on crash
- allow numeric entry on font sizes, something up with the sliders

i have a watch on the memory using process explorer to see ram before crash
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 07:17:08 AM

Thanks a lot,
Jonathan

thanks guys, sorry for sounding like an ass but its getting frustrating.

if its easier to implement a workaround for the moment it would be appreciated - some features i think you need anyway:

i have a watch on the memory using process explorer to see ram before crash

Hi anuuva,

No bother. I am sorry you are frustrated.

Let me run through your list of feature requests:

This is already available. Logs are saved in the hidden .margin and .leonArdo folders, respectively. These are in your home folder.
Yes, a number of people have asked for this. Enough for me to think we should do it. Of course it carries a risk as the market may have changed in the meantime.
I'm reluctant to do this as it takes up space and actually will become redundant once all strategies are automatically saved.
Agree it would be nice.
Agreed.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: