Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER - Slikroad632 - Stole over 200$ worth of content from me.  (Read 1071 times)
OrangeVonPurple (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:47:19 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 04:35:04 PM by OrangeVonPurple

First of all, YES, I should have probably figured that someone that took their name from an infamous underground drug website might not be the most trustworthy customer. Live and learn  Undecided

I was contacted by this user about the Xbox LIVE cards and Microsoft Points card I currently sell on these forums. We made a deal for BTC3 for 2 years of Xbox LIVE and 4000 Microsoft Points. This user then took advantage of my inexperience with BTC transactions and insisted I send the codes first since "they were taking all the risk" in this deal. Since I was not yet familiar with the escrow system I foolishly agreed to send the tokens first.
 As I'm sure you have guessed, the buyer stole the codes and disappeared.

He later popped back up and messaged me claiming that he had been hacked and someone else had been in control of his account when He ripped me off.When I didn't respond, he sent another message claiming the "hacker" was, in fact, his BROTHER and that he had no BTC to pay me with. He has since gone dark.

Now, I bear the lions share of the blame here for jumping into a transaction before I was fully educated on how to protect myself but, in the interest of protecting our community, I wanted to pass this story along and, hopefully, save any potential victims from losing your hard earned BTC and wares!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Have a great day!

(PS apologies for the lack of PM screenshots. Im writing this on my phone. I'll update this post with more info once I'm in front of A PC)

UPDATE:Slikroad632 has provided the owed BTC3 and has apologized. All is forgiven from my end.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:49:12 PM

noticed the guy, found him fishy from the start on.
OrangeVonPurple (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:31:14 PM

Yeah, I don't know how my bullshit radar didn't freaking explode when I was talking to him....Guess I was just having an off day.

On the plus side, he was dumb enough to use the email address linked to his Gamertag as his displayed email in this forum so I now have access to his full name, phone number, Gamertag, and address.

I haven't decided what, if anything, I'm going to do with this information but, in my last email to him I addressed him by his actual first-name which is when he started franticlly telling me his account must have been hacked or it had to have been his brother.

Pretty sure I succeeded in making the little thief shit a proverbial brick.,,,which almost made the whole thing worth it

...almost

Grin

hamdi

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:33:18 PM

i would ask him again, alongside that you know who he is, to give back your money.

otherwise file a police-report in his area.
OrangeVonPurple (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:05:54 PM

That is a very good idea!

Thanks for the help on this, much appreciated  Cool

Have a good afternoon!

21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:22:07 PM

Sorry to hear that you got scammed. Sad

I agree with Hamdi: let him know that you'll pass his info to the authorities if he doesn't pay what he owes.

You work for Microsoft, right? You have his gamertag? Couldn't you report his gamertag for using stolen codes?
OrangeVonPurple (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:44:07 PM

I advised the scammer that I would be contacting the authorities in his area and he confessed to stealing from me and says he sent the BTC3 he owes me but, it's been over 2 hours and nothing has hit my account and, once again, this guy has dropped off the radar.

I've messaged him again to give him once more chance to make good. If he bails again I'll be filing the police report and reporting his Gamertag Smiley

Really a bummer that we have people like this in our otherwise fantastic community.

Thanks for all the support guys!

hamdi

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:49:03 PM

maybe he is running wild to get some coin from somewhere now...
set him an ultimatum.
OrangeVonPurple (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:55:14 PM

I gave him until 5PM PST.

He's got about 2 hours left.
OrangeVonPurple (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 12:56:23 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2013, 01:06:45 AM by OrangeVonPurple

Update:

This user has transferred the owed BTC3 and has made this situation right.

A good outcome!

Thank you for the support everyone.

hamdi

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 12:59:25 AM

it's never cool to call the police, but in such a case... if he is so stupid, playing such games with his real ID...
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:36:00 AM

Update:

This user has transferred the owed BTC3 and has made this situation right.

A good outcome!

Thank you for the support everyone.

Glad to hear it! Smiley
OrangeVonPurple (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 08:18:38 PM

yeah, I may have jumped the gun  Tongue

His promised btc never showed up.

Ugh. Scammers.
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:32:06 AM

yeah, I may have jumped the gun  Tongue

His promised btc never showed up.

Ugh. Scammers.
That sucks - is his username actually slikroad632 or silkroad632?

poly | My Tip Jar
OrangeVonPurple (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:34:24 PM

username is "Slikroad632"

It's looking like I will have to involve law enforcement if am going to ever see the BTC that I'm owed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: