Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:07:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum scammers trying to suppress BTC till they find someone to Dump Eth on  (Read 9257 times)
korila

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:05:32 PM

This topic is so funny  Cheesy

I'm laughing very hard when I see Bitcoin holders so afraid like that. If ETH was a scam, they would not even bask about it.

And when Bitcoin will crash during its halving, and ETH gets to $50, he'll say "THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPEN IF IT WAS NOT FOR ETH" Cheesy

The two next months will be priceless. The fact is that Speculation talking, Ethereum has the most tremendous potential. And potential means Pump. It still has two updates called Metropolis and Serenity (with a GUI client and PoS !), and countless Decentralized Applications and Organisations coming our way.

Every altcoin is scams, except Ethereum, since it's not an alt. The reason is simple: This is a NEW project, made from scratch. Call it Bitcoin V2 if you want.

Ethereum is not Bitcoin's rival, it is its future.

BTC is old history
Eth is the new king!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:07:29 PM

There is nothing mystical to the recent price development of BTC and ETH. It was so obvious that whales would use the BTC halvening hype to sell BTC at the highest possible price and then jump on Ethereum that has a potential far above BTC could ever had. I am not saying that BTC is dead but it is also not really alive compared to Ethereum.

Ethereum binds all the smart developers in masses, it is not possible to convert them to develop BTC platforms. Plus ETH and its byproducts like DAO produce news on daily basis in the NYT, CNBC, BBC etc. hard to beat that.
LiskCryptoFan

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:11:12 PM

I guess big players are the scammers then? due to the position in power.

http://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-exchange-rebrand-ethereum-trading/

I think regardless of its faults, its one of the few alt coins to be almost matching bitcoin, even litecoin didnt do this.

It's nice to see some common sense.

LiskCryptoFan

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:13:51 PM

Is that so wrong?

You forgot this question:

Isn't the fact that paid shills are hyping Eth a giant red flag to anyone that's not an idiot?

If you disagree with someone, just call them a paid shill.  It's impossible for them to prove otherwise. "Nice" tactic, it's apparently keeping Ethereum's price low. Wink

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:55:00 PM

If you disagree with someone, just call them a paid shill.

You're on a shill account created in March 2016 named after an IPO scamcoin that hasn't even released yet while saying there's no shills on the forum.  That's a good one.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
bluebit25

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 10:26:46 PM

This shit cracks me up, how someone has the time to shit talk ETH. Watch it go to $60, the DAO just got a put on the frontpage of the New York Times print edition this Sunday. ETH has essentially replaced Bitcoin. Miners already switching, ETH has more nodes, Coinbase adding ETH trading, Gemini already did, Okcoin rumors, i could go on and on. What do we have in Bitcoin? still talking it's problems, blocksize debate, nothing happens, news controlled by Theymos.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:35:51 PM

This shit cracks me up, how someone has the time to shit talk ETH. Watch it go to $60, the DAO just got a put on the frontpage of the New York Times print edition this Sunday. ETH has essentially replaced Bitcoin. Miners already switching, ETH has more nodes, Coinbase adding ETH trading, Gemini already did, Okcoin rumors, i could go on and on. What do we have in Bitcoin? still talking it's problems, blocksize debate, nothing happens, news controlled by Theymos.
Okay, so eth is good for what? DAO? Grin What a joke.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:40:56 PM

Actually the eth price is already pumped up, otherwise I can't understand its fast raise few months after being launched. But it is just a matter of time to see it plummeting.
mannybitcoins

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:28:04 AM

Thanks guys, I needed some comic relief today. Bookmarking this thread for when I need another laugh.
GetClams.com

Activity: 179
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:46:15 AM

One thing to consider is that Ether is not even positioning itself as a currency but as a distributed computing platform. Time will tell.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3425
Merit: 4344

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:29:25 AM

Sorry to pop youre reality bubble; ETH and DOA are both smart scams. Btw..never heard of SegWitt? it makes Lightning+Thunder network for real.
korila

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:53:39 AM

Sorry to pop youre reality bubble; ETH and DOA are both smart scams. Btw..never heard of SegWitt? it makes Lightning+Thunder network for real.

LOL where is Segwit??

keep getting delayed infinitely

It-s like Unicorn~~
Chocapic

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:45:50 AM

Have you read this article ? It's actually pretty bad publicity for the DAO.
A couple quotes :

DAO investors are dumb :
For these investors, in some sense it is the digital equivalent of buying into a bakery with no baker, no menu and no assurance that the ovens will even be delivered.

People who will have to make sound investment decisions (usually made by professionals irl) are just normal people with not much spare time or financial wisdom :
The investing decisions are to be made through online polling of shareholders like Mr. Stern, who has a day job dealing with parking policy in the town of Montreuil, just outside Paris.

Clash with reality :
Patrick Murck, a lawyer who has long dealt with Bitcoin issues, said that even if Mr. Jentzsch and his collaborators were not operating the venture, they could face legal liability for promoting it if the investments go awry — and, potentially, even if they don’t.
"You can’t code away your legal responsibilities,” said Mr. Murck, who is a fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard. “This is something that has been tried before and has failed before.
“My opinion is that the D.A.O. will be D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival),” Daniel Larimer, the founder of BitShares, wrote. “The theory of jointly deciding to fund efforts will face the reality of individual self-interest, politics and economics.”
Pretty much what every sane person is thinking.

Not enough testing :
“It’s an unstable thing right now,” said Joseph Lubin, who was one of the founders of Ethereum. “Young, complex machines tend to have flaws and vulnerabilities that you can’t anticipate.”
“If I would have known the size it has grown to, maybe the tester in me would say, ‘I need more testing,’” he said. “This is very risky. It’s all new land.”

I mean, there is really nothing positive in that article. You can read "scam" between the lines.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:57:21 AM

this ethereum story is being dragged on for a long time and every time you think the scam is over and done with they come out with a new shinny thing to attract more money and pump it harder and dump after a while of pumping to get out soon.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:02:03 AM

LOL where is Segwit??

It-s like Unicorn~~

What delay?
There's difference between being code released and being merged!!
If you check the HK agreement it was all about a code release up to april.And that is what happened.Right now it's on Segnet and almost ready to get implemented.It's all about the miners then.
korila

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:15:48 AM

LOL where is Segwit??

It-s like Unicorn~~

What delay?
There's difference between being code released and being merged!!
If you check the HK agreement it was all about a code release up to april.And that is what happened.Right now it's on Segnet and almost ready to get implemented.It's all about the miners then.

miners consensus on Segwit will take forever and may not happen. Then, why not wait for 8mb hard forks??
BTC is doomed.
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:26:10 PM

Looks like it's over Eth shills!

A young Ethereum shill horrified by the news reacts:

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 12:34:19 PM

Lovely.  Ethereum is relatively slightly cheaper in btc terms.  Phat green candle incoming on ethereum

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
finkelsteinMonster

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:38:22 PM

Lovely.  Ethereum is relatively slightly cheaper in btc terms.  Phat green candle incoming on ethereum
Nah, doing great in BTC terms. Currently this:
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3425
Merit: 4344

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:12:19 PM

LOL where is Segwit??

It-s like Unicorn~~
miners consensus on Segwit will take forever and may not happen. Then, why not wait for 8mb hard forks??
BTC is doomed.

Noobs like you are not well informed enough. Why dont you google for SegWitt(roadmap)/Lightning/Thunder network?

The miners alrdy said they will support SegWitt and it will be released before the halving.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: