Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:01:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIMiner running slowly when combining miner types across GPU's, Suggestions?  (Read 1660 times)
skeeterskeeter (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:08:20 PM

So I recently started bitcoin mining with my GPU's in the spare time during the day while I am at work and I am having to issues/difficulty in some areas.

Firstly, about my system. I have a Evga Z77 FTW, 3570K, and for the GPU's a HD 7770, two 5830's (on their way), and a Evga 610GT. I am using GUIMiner to create the actual mining work, and I mine under Slush's pool, BTCGuild, and solo.

For reference through the post:
610GT   11.0 MHash/s
7770   182.0 MHash/s
5830   300.0 MHash/s

Slush's Pool && BTC Guild:
When using GUIminer under slush pool OR BTCguild for each miner (currently only 610 and 7770 running), each miner performs great. Keeps both cards Mhashes at the proper value (from above). I can run either both or single cards at any time and they always run at the value above. I HAVE NOT tested running one card in BTC guild and one in Slush pool at the same time, but I figure it would be the same, both working at the normal speed.

Solo:
When using GUIminer and solo. If just using the 7770 it runs at about 60MHash/s with flags (-v -w128 -f0), when running the 610 is runs at 3MHash/s with flags (-v -w -f0). If I run both miners for each card it takes each cards MHash/s down to the kilo hash range!? It seems I cannot get the cards to run more then half speed when solo mining.

Solo + Pooling:
Say I put either my 7770 or 610 into one of the pools, it runs great (at the expected MHash/s). If I start the other card on solo mining, each cards MHash drop to the kilo hash range!? It seems GUIMiner cannot support pooled and solo mining simultaneously?

So how do I fix this, so that I can throw any card not being used into any mining op and have it be fully utilized?
What flags are necessary to run a card at full out balls to the wall?

In the end I want to (tl;dr run multiple cards in multiple pools (pooled and solo))
- During the day run the 7770, and the 5830's in a pool. And the 610 solo (idc if I never get a block, I'll try though)
- When I get home and am using just the desktop (I run desktop output off the 7770). Run all the cards in a pool but the 7770 with a low hashrate (So I can keep the desktop fresh and alive). Maybe I might try to run one 5830 solo and one in a pool.
- When I am gaming. Run everything except the 7770 in a pool and let me use the card fully for gaming.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: