Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:50:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to be international currency  (Read 94919 times)
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:05:06 PM

Actually, BTC is already an international currency. It is used worldwide. This map could give you the idea on how much BTC is used: https://bitnodes.21.co/
I dont think i can agree with you on that because it is not used worldwide but at some places only.\

You should google where it is being used at the moment.

There is no definition what determines a currency as a global. If you take for example Euro, you can use it in most of the countries but some prefer to use USD, Chinese Yuan, Russian Ruble. But this still doesn't mean EUR is not considered global. It's similar for BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:10:52 PM

Actually, BTC is already an international currency. It is used worldwide. This map could give you the idea on how much BTC is used: https://bitnodes.21.co/
I dont think i can agree with you on that because it is not used worldwide but at some places only.\

There is no definition what determines a currency as a global. If you take for example Euro, you can use it in most of the countries but some prefer to use USD, Chinese Yuan, Russian Ruble. But this still doesn't mean EUR is not considered global. It's similar for BTC.
Why do you think so? If you arrive in any country of the world with dollars can always be exchanged at any Bank for local currency. If you come with rubles or yuan will send you away and you will be left without funds. The same now with bitcoin.
thoham

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:13:45 PM

Bitcoin is already a popular currency at Japan and it gonna be popular at India soon . So apparent Bitcoin will be the international currency soon.
salihno71

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:42:10 PM

Why do you think so? If you arrive in any country of the world with dollars can always be exchanged at any Bank for local currency. If you come with rubles or yuan will send you away and you will be left without funds. The same now with bitcoin.

Not really. You have the possibility to exchange both of the mentioned currencies in the bank (at least in my country Smiley ). You cannot exchange for example Central African Franc, but those two you can.

I think the closest term to what would define a currency as a global would be if it's convertible currency:

http://www.knowledge.fintotal.com/List-of-Freely-Convertible-Currencies-and-Exchange-Rate/6553

As for BTC - you have some local exchanges and https://localbitcoins.com/ so it looks better than Central African Frank in this case.
Sifat33

Activity: 283

Honesty is the best policy

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:17:38 AM

If bitcoin to be international currency, what do you think?
You can use it every where and anywhere, without exchange it.
And how to use transaction with it, if bitcoin just crypto currency?
How many people like with this thread?
There are some country don't accept bitcoin.And there are many people don't know about bitcoin.Some shops accept bitcoin and some shops did not accept bitcoin.But most of the online shop accept bitcoin.So I think bitcoin is not international.

Hishand

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:08:47 AM

Of program I imagine bitcoin can sometime turn out to be an international forex, but by now, it is still extremely difficult for bitcoin, mainly simply because there are even now distinct things that bitcoin demands to achieve initial, like getting some kind of physical device, like paper funds, also for bitcoin.
Maslate

Activity: 2982
Merit: 675

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:10:45 AM

There are some country don't accept bitcoin.And there are many people don't know about bitcoin.Some shops accept bitcoin and some shops did not accept bitcoin.But most of the online shop accept bitcoin.So I think bitcoin is not international.
Well that would not be a problem as long as they have a local exchange where you can easily cash out your bitcoins.
You will only hope that there are merchants who will accept bitcoins in your area if you are really a shopper, bitcoin does not focus on that area
because we have big demand in gambling industry which I think they are served well.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:10:58 AM

Wow! If bit bitcoin will be international currency we don`t need to exchange it right, so less effort for a tourist in one place we don`t need to go in different banks in there country where we are, because bitcoin is already .

I think many transactions will be doing  fast because we are using digital payment so I think many people  like this kind of transaction less effort and speedy.

FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:35:44 PM

Bitcoin will be worldwide currency, later on, Bitcoin is presently turned out to be more prominent and individuals are as of now appreciating Bitcoin and we can utilize it in each edge of the world and we trust Bitcoin will be more prevalent and more grounded  currency of the world
It seems to be true that the bitcoin will be most influential currency worldwide. Hundreds and thousands of people are entering in this world of crypto. Not now, but yes indeed, the world will be doing businesses and transactions in bitcoins. Current situation is predicting the future.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:45:12 AM

Bitcoin will be worldwide currency, later on, Bitcoin is presently turned out to be more prominent and individuals are as of now appreciating Bitcoin and we can utilize it in each edge of the world and we trust Bitcoin will be more prevalent and more grounded  currency of the world
It seems to be true that the bitcoin will be most influential currency worldwide. Hundreds and thousands of people are entering in this world of crypto. Not now, but yes indeed, the world will be doing businesses and transactions in bitcoins. Current situation is predicting the future.

Right now though, Bitcoin is quite negligible. It sucks to say, but the reality is that 99%+ of people do not know what Bitcoin even is.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:52:21 AM

I think it will be hard for a country to use bitcoin as a real currency. We all know that bitcoin is made from technology and it has also a high value now. So I think it's not really safe to use bitcoin in any transaction in the whole world. Why? Because to store bitcoin we need a wallet and there are so many hackers that can hack your wallet so it's better also to use physical money or bank to use in any transactions.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:08:25 AM

nope I think the definition is clear enough, the international currency is a currency that can be used in any country in the world while the euro can only be used in Europe alone? in contrast to the dollar that can be used anywhere because the whole world has long ago set the dollar as a global currency , looking at the possible definition of bitcoin can also be said as a global currency because bitcoin can be used anywhere in all corners of the world
salihno71

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:11:26 AM

nope I think the definition is clear enough, the international currency is a currency that can be used in any country in the world while the euro can only be used in Europe alone? in contrast to the dollar that can be used anywhere because the whole world has long ago set the dollar as a global currency , looking at the possible definition of bitcoin can also be said as a global currency because bitcoin can be used anywhere in all corners of the world

Where did you get that? I know for a fact that you can exchange euro in Latin America and Africa. The only reason why dollar is still relevant is because it's supported by a lot of firepower and most of the petrol trade is still done in usd. This however is changing since some producers are moving from usd to local currency. This fact alone was the reason why some governments in oil-rich countries were toppled and replaced with the total chaos. Also situation has changed in the last 15 years since most of the us production has moved to China giving them means to affect control usd to some extent. Comparing usd to btc is not good for another reason: reasons why usd is widely used are slowly disappearing while reasons why btc (will be) widely used are gaining strength by the day.
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:15:50 AM

I think Bitcoin can be the international currency one day but it needs to cross a lot of hurdles in order to achieve this. This won’t be an easy task to do. For Bitcoin to be recognized as international currency, it needs to earn a very good name in International market first and also it needs to be legalize.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:30:47 AM

I think you got the wrong definition about international currency, the international currency is a currency that accepted worldwide and can be exchange anywhere in the world, not to mention only US DOLLAR is the ONLY currency that accepted everywhere in the world when we doing retail transaction, if you talk about euro only be used in europe alone then lots of other countries also prefer to use their own currency for retail transaction, because why would you bother using other country currency to do retail transaction in your own country?? Its like a currency invasion and not to mention it make deflation for your own currency.

Bitcoin can be used anywhere in all corners of the world, but can you purchase your lunch with bitcoin? I think some other countries and some We*dys in russia has accepted payment with crytocurrency, but it was just SOME, not ALL corners of the world and did you mention about bitcoin trading that just been legalize by CFTC and SEC but not in the third party country, because of that i dont think bitcoin become an international currency, at least not for now  Grin Grin
SHANTA

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:32:15 AM

Bitcoin is as of now global in light of the fact that everyone on the planet can make utilization of it, you just need access to the web. Still not that many individuals make utilization of it
Tubig

Activity: 212

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:20:01 AM

It is already a international currency as majority of people across the globe are using it, the only thing we need is that it should hit the mainstream to get more popular in future.
I agree,  its already, but not generally because not all the people of every country knows and wants to transact using bitcoin, maybe the millenials , the techy and the intelligent and interested ones knows and wants to use this. But as you say the "majority", the question is how did you say the majority?
Beparanf

Activity: 2744
Merit: 754

Burpaaa

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:00:32 AM

It is already a international currency as majority of people across the globe are using it, the only thing we need is that it should hit the mainstream to get more popular in future.
I agree,  its already, but not generally because not all the people of every country knows and wants to transact using bitcoin, maybe the millenials , the techy and the intelligent and interested ones knows and wants to use this. But as you say the "majority", the question is how did you say the majority?
Actually,bitcoin being an international currency will be a ong run to make it happen,or maybe will never happen. USD is already considered as onternational currency for a long time. As long as uSD exist and known by each country,btc will only be considered as a international cryptocurrency.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:24:57 AM

Bitcoin is already a popular currency at Japan and it gonna be popular at India soon . So apparent Bitcoin will be the international currency soon.

Hmm, indeed everyone wants that bitcoin is going to be a popular currency and also the currency most or used by any country or the world. Because of the increasingly popular bitcoin indeed if it is definitely pricing and also all the things there will be changed following the developments that occur. But I worry about that problem to confirm unfinished will be more severe, because the more users it will also use more and more transactions per second. Where it will be slightly slow down some of the transactions that are not tercover by the block.
Symphony_fr

Activity: 200

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:38:31 AM

Bitcoin is already used as an international currency, but not officially, but uncontrolled. The only problem is that it is used only by those who have access to the Internet.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 »
  Print  

Jump to: