Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: forget bitcointalk account email address  (Read 785 times)
foxxcom (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:17:17 AM

I have full member account registered in late 2014 and now i forget my login email address,what i need to do to recover it?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:21:18 AM

I have full member account registered in late 2014 and now i forget my login email address,what i need to do to recover it?

There are a couple options:
1) if you don't have your email address, but still have the user/password, you can just login to your account and change the email to the correct one
2) try out every single emailaddress you ever used
3) ask Theymos to reset your password... Mind you: this request has to be made in a very specific way, using a signature from an old, staked address... And even then, it's up to Theymos wether or not he'll grant a password reset, and even then it might take a really long time
4) forget the account and continue working with this one.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:22:47 AM

You don't need the email to access your account. You just need the username and password. The use of email is for recovery, if you don't have access to it then I doubt you will get access to your bitcointalk account either.
Another option is for you to have a signed message linke in that account. What is the username of your account?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
prabowo96

Activity: 238

it's showtime

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:31:35 AM

my advice, if u still remember the username and password. u can change ur email at profile > Account Related Settings
I hope this helps.

traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 11:54:36 AM

You don't need the email to access your account. You just need the username and password. The use of email is for recovery, if you don't have access to it then I doubt you will get access to your bitcointalk account either.
Another option is for you to have a signed message linke in that account. What is the username of your account?

I think that he forgot the password of the account and also forgot the email he associated with the account. OP the best way is to contact theymos or any mod (if they have access to see email addresses of the accounts)

amzee75

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 12:00:03 PM

if you remember your user name or password then you easily login in to your account other you need to your e-mail to forget.   
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:05:23 PM

if you remember your user name or password then you easily login in to your account other you need to your e-mail to forget.   

He really needs to know email if he forgot password though.   If you use secret question it locks account due to security, so DO NOT use secret question to try to change password.  So he either needs to find the email or hopefully he had account staked and can prove ownership via signing on the forum.

If he forgot user name, email, his posts, etc.  Not going to be much you can do to help him.
foxxcom (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 04:55:44 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 05:56:57 PM by foxxcom

Hi guys thanks for your helps,i forget my password and my email address and now i think i cant recover that email either because in order to recover yahoo maill need phone number and i am not using the phone no i registered at that mail anymore.thanks
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:11:42 PM

Hi guys thanks for your helps,i forget my password and my email address and now i think i cant recover that email either because in order to recover yahoo maill need phone number and i am not using the phone no i registered at that mail anymore.thanks

Do you know your username?   If you used a BTC address on the forums and it's posted you might be able to get it back.  Basically you find a address used with account and sign a message stating that it is your account with that day's date to prove it's current.

But that is what I would look for is BTC address posted for trades, sig campaigns, etc.  Do you know the username?
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:25:32 AM

Do you know your username?   If you used a BTC address on the forums and it's posted you might be able to get it back.  Basically you find a address used with account and sign a message stating that it is your account with that day's date to prove it's current.

But that is what I would look for is BTC address posted for trades, sig campaigns, etc.  Do you know the username?

Highly unlikely that it will be recovered quickly.
Since it is only a full member account, OP could actually start afresh.
foxxcom (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 06:13:48 AM

Ok i think i should use this one and forget it
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:09:08 AM

Ok i think i should use this one and forget it

No. at least try contacting Theymos (Admin) if you was the real owner of the account, and you have staked an address from that address, and you can sign a message with that theymos will recover your account manually. it may take some time as he's a very busy man. but you'll get your account back.
use bctalkaccountpricer.info to check your staked addresses.
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:14:44 AM

Maybe it would be usefull if you told us which account you used to have. We can at least check if it's worth the effort to recover it, and if there are staked addresses available... At the moment, we only know you lost the password/email for an account, but we have no clue as to which account you're talking about Wink
foxxcom (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 11:41:23 AM

Thanks guys i recovered my btc account now,i found my login detail on my old pc its save my day Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: