Question: Can I trust?
Hell Yes! - 12 (25.5%)
Yes - 21 (44.7%)
No - 5 (10.6%)
Hell No! - 9 (19.1%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I trust Blockchain.info wallet?  (Read 4564 times)
dsyahputera

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:48:05 AM

I am truly shocked at the number of users saying Blockchain.info can be safe. I hope you all know that you can put all of your precaution measures, one beautiful day it can be hacked this website, and all your precious coins gone, because hacker will have access to your private keys, and 2FA can do nothing in this case. Is it so difficult to move to a desktop wallet, where private keys never leave your PC ?
AFAIK all wallets stored in blockchain.info is encrypted, and its strength depends on your password. It took a very long time to break the encryption on each wallets (and in Blockchain.info there are much wallets, not just yours). So, if Blockchain.info is hacked, users will have enough time to move their wallet balances to their secured wallet.

I am afraid you have not understand what I mean by hack, I mean the website to go offline, once blockchain.info gets hacked, you cannot access the website, it will give you DDOS or 404 not found error, meanwhile during this time the hacker has all of the database wallets and their private keys, and the hacker has all the time to send those BTC wherever he likes. Its highly not advisable to use such kind of wallets. This is my last warning, you do what you like, I am tired of repeating why blockchain is not the ideal wallet.
AFAIK the private keys are stored in the encrypted wallet. So, if the hackers want steal the private keys, they have to decrypt the encryption first.

Last word, I use Electrum, dude.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:57:05 AM

I am truly shocked at the number of users saying Blockchain.info can be safe. I hope you all know that you can put all of your precaution measures, one beautiful day it can be hacked this website, and all your precious coins gone, because hacker will have access to your private keys, and 2FA can do nothing in this case. Is it so difficult to move to a desktop wallet, where private keys never leave your PC ?
AFAIK all wallets stored in blockchain.info is encrypted, and its strength depends on your password. It took a very long time to break the encryption on each wallets (and in Blockchain.info there are much wallets, not just yours). So, if Blockchain.info is hacked, users will have enough time to move their wallet balances to their secured wallet.

I am afraid you have not understand what I mean by hack, I mean the website to go offline, once blockchain.info gets hacked, you cannot access the website, it will give you DDOS or 404 not found error, meanwhile during this time the hacker has all of the database wallets and their private keys, and the hacker has all the time to send those BTC wherever he likes. Its highly not advisable to use such kind of wallets. This is my last warning, you do what you like, I am tired of repeating why blockchain is not the ideal wallet.
AFAIK the private keys are stored in the encrypted wallet. So, if the hackers want steal the private keys, they have to decrypt the encryption first.

Last word, I use Electrum, dude.

Once he has access of the database you and everyone are screwed, I have seen many horror stories in blockchain.info wallet, some because of user errors, some because of the side of blockchain.

Electrum is the best wallet, as your private keys are in your PC, so if you have protected well your PC you are a lot safer rather than relying on a 3rd party to use your bitcoins like blockchain.
So perfect choice Electrum.

brianlee01

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 07:59:14 AM

I use Blockchain since a year ago and still use it until now. Forhat i never thought that the site is not trusted. I guess it has been a lot of people use that wallet and 98%.
operator55

Activity: 57
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 08:25:58 AM

It's pretty hard to read this thread.

When will people realize that even if blockchain gets compromised the attackers will not automatically get access to your funds?
All data is encrypted there by your password, and your password is not stored anywhere on the servers.

98% of cases where someone is losing bitcoins it's because of being hacked, e.g their computer infected by malware or targetted attack.

The service itself is very popular, solid and reliable imo.

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 11:18:33 AM

It's pretty hard to read this thread.

When will people realize that even if blockchain gets compromised the attackers will not automatically get access to your funds?
All data is encrypted there by your password, and your password is not stored anywhere on the servers.

98% of cases where someone is losing bitcoins it's because of being hacked, e.g their computer infected by malware or targetted attack.

The service itself is very popular, solid and reliable imo.

that is completely right.

the problem here has always been that people don't read the topic and investigate the cause of the loss when people report they have been hacked they will only read the subject of the topic then made a conclusion on their own.

--looking for signature--
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:34:35 AM

I have used bitcoin for a long time, up until now, its the best wallet i had, it never had any bad issue, the protection of blockchain and other wallet its pretty good, i am sure they have tested it before launched to public

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:31:44 PM

I have used bitcoin for a long time, up until now, its the best wallet i had, it never had any bad issue, the protection of blockchain and other wallet its pretty good, i am sure they have tested it before launched to public

They are pretty good secured no doubt about that but a offline wallet is always better in my eyes.
As a example a paper wallet is just so secured in my eyes no doubts about that.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:38:40 PM

They are pretty good secured no doubt about that but a offline wallet is always better in my eyes.
As a example a paper wallet is just so secured in my eyes no doubts about that.
I heard that block chain before their locking account..or its easy to hack by bitcoin hackers but i dont remember when.. just heard it..
Honestly i dont trust any online wallet.. but the only wallet i still use as of now never experience any problem ethereum.. lite wallet for computers and easy to use..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: