Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:52:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems upgrading bitcoind and bitcoin-qt please help!.  (Read 605 times)
jantaro (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 11:58:15 AM

Hi, I m retreiving this info when running

bitcoin-cli getinfo

Errors: "Warning this version is obsolete, upgrade required"

The same command reports me back:

version: 90500
Protocol Version: 70002
Wallet Version: 60000

Do I really need to upgrade?. By the way it works like a charm appart from this message and I ve been reading that the core of the client always remains the same.  And, how could I upgrade?. I compiled bitcoind and bitcoin-qt by myself and it is not in my repositoires, I m using ubuntu based linux. Really need to remove bitcoind and bitcoin-qt and compile it again to the last version?. It is then, sudo apt-get --purge autoremove packagename my best choice?. Told you so because this command will remove the libraries if I m not wrong.

I ve been reading that the command

bitcoin-cli getinfo

is not available on last version, so, whats the new way to retreive all this VIP data?.

version, protocol version, wallet version, balance, blocks, time offset, connections, proxy, difficulty, testnet, key poololdest, key poolsize, unlocked until, pay tx fee, relay fee, errors.

Thanks a million to those who could say something back. Kind regards!.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6505

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 01:18:43 PM

Hi, I m retreiving this info when running

bitcoin-cli getinfo

Errors: "Warning this version is obsolete, upgrade required"

The same command reports me back:

version: 90500
Protocol Version: 70002
Wallet Version: 60000

Do I really need to upgrade?. By the way it works like a charm appart from this message and I ve been reading that the core of the client always remains the same.  And, how could I upgrade?. I compiled bitcoind and bitcoin-qt by myself and it is not in my repositoires, I m using ubuntu based linux. Really need to remove bitcoind and bitcoin-qt and compile it again to the last version?. It is then, sudo apt-get --purge autoremove packagename my best choice?. Told you so because this command will remove the libraries if I m not wrong.
Yes you really do need to upgrade. This is an important upgrade because of a few soft forks that have happened since your version and some upcoming soft forks as well.

Upgrading is really easy when you compile it by yourself, no need to use the package manager. Just download the git source, checkout 0.12.1, build it and install it with make install. That will overwrite the old binaries and install the new version.

I ve been reading that the command

bitcoin-cli getinfo

is not available on last version, so, whats the new way to retreive all this VIP data?.

version, protocol version, wallet version, balance, blocks, time offset, connections, proxy, difficulty, testnet, key poololdest, key poolsize, unlocked until, pay tx fee, relay fee, errors.

Thanks a million to those who could say something back. Kind regards!.
Where are you reading that? getinfo is not deprecated nor is it being removed. Even if it were deprecated, it would be removed several versions later.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: