Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:11:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trestor [Scam]  (Read 6124 times)
ranvijay

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 09:23:24 AM

I've asked one of my friend who also works in Chandigarh IT park area to visit Trestor's office address given on their website. LinkedIn search shows that 37 people work for them, some of them are part time. My friend told me that Chandigarh IT Park is hub of best IT companies in Chandigarh.

Read this article: http://digitalcreed.in/?p=3122

They are trying to increase the acceptance of their tokens via making people grow organic food or sharing content therefore growing the community, that explains why they spent money in Sector 43.

Trestor will definitely fail because the amount of money they are spending on community can never be recovered by hoping that people will accept trest. Good deeds does not mean good business. Nice try though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ranvijay

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:36:58 PM

My friend visited their office, took some pics and talked to their team. I asked my parents to download the app and use 'trests' at trestor merchants in Chandigarh. The overall feedback is good. Will share details tomorrow. My Sundays are working, Mondays are off.
ranvijay

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:52:03 AM

Okay, so my friend met Saurabh Soni and other team members at Trestor Office in Chandigarh. The total number of people at that time in the office were around 15 - 17. There were 3 girls. They had a 3D Printer, not that it matters, it was a nice office setup. Nothing overly great. He could not meet Kunal as he was in Mumbai to meet investors. Apparently they are in the process of raising capital. They had one visitor from IIIT, New Delhi. Trestor is in talks with IIIT and some IITs to run their node and contribute to their network source code. Saurabh mentioned most of the stuff is on their website, I found the following link:

https://trestor.org/source

They are using a Ripple/Stellar like consensus mechanism. Trest is at 1 Rupee because as of right now Trestor is custodian of most of the Trests, Saurabh was clear that the price would begin to fluctuate, and markets will decide the price as more and more trests are out in the market.
ranvijay

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 09:04:25 AM

So, Trestor is a very different project. My parents, are a big fan of Trestor because across the city there are many places where you can pay via Trests and all these places will give you a 20% discount if you pay via trest.

Also, they live in Sector 43 where trestor cleaned garbage and created an organic farm.

https://youtu.be/evQCciUJ4LQ

Honestly, I cannot connect the dots as to why a blockchain startup would create organic farm. There are many unanswered questions which we should get answers of, maybe Trestor should answer them in this thread.

What I am certain of is they are not a scam and they should do a better job at explaining their business model to bitcoin community in India.
chokho

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 09:43:51 AM

I didn't know that this thread was still active, I had lost hope. Thanks manav and ranvijay for bringing in some rationality.
Anyways, since this thread is active, I would just share a few updates:

General Updates

Tech/Product Updates

Market Related Updates
  • There are many businesses in Chandigarh accepting Trest as a payment method. You can see them on the app.
  • Additionally, These places give a flat 20% discounts when you pay with Trestor App. You can experience paying with a cryptocurrency there  Wink.
  • These include a number of popular restaurants, cafes, salons and other stores.
  • Trestor is looking to Raise Funds to strengthen the team and expand further.
  • Video on Trestor's Experiment in sector 43: https://www.facebook.com/trestor.org/videos/663739137126235/

If anyone is looking forward to visit Trestor's office

And yes, because we humans understand things by connecting them to something else, the the valuation of 1 trest = 1 rupee could be understood as pre-sale. Smiley

Given the data in this thread, it proves that Trestor is a legitimate startup. Also, the allegations put on Trestor are baseless.

Manav1112, I'll be really happy to see you here and answer your questions. As per your conclusion, I request you to fix the title of the Thread as this allegedly harms the company. Smiley Hope you understand.

I'm here to answer genuine questions once the title is fixed.

Thanks,
Saurabh, Design and Product Lead - Trestor
in.linkedin.com/in/saurabhsoniss
skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:54:09 PM

Trestor is now a Government of India Recognized Startup (DIPP-1098)
No it isnt. Trestor is enrolled in an incubator recognized by GoI.
Its really shameful of STEP or THAPAR university incubator, whoever wrote that  recommendation letter in this form for you because they did not do due diligence of understanding cryptocurrencies and the scams associated with it.

I didn't know that this thread was still active, I had lost hope. Thanks manav and ranvijay for bringing in some rationality.
Please don't be passive aggressive. Makes you look more scammy.

I read it again and it contains all of the same flaws, (thanks for wasting everyone's time??) namely,
i. All coins are still produced by trestor out of thin air and audaciously at a value equal to 1 rupee by default without any backing or asking value!
ii. All transactions are still controlled by trestor because there is no way to know if validators are not trestor people themselves.
iii. Even after such critical flaws, & even if majority of validators are trusted, the coins manages to remain centralized. Refer to the validator bootstrapping process.

Given the data in this thread, it proves that Trestor is a legitimate startup. Also, the allegations put on Trestor are baseless.
Please point out the data.

I'm here to answer genuine questions once the title is fixed.
The title was magically fixed just a couple of days ago I guess, even before you made this post! I am a skeptic.

Nobody owes you anything, onus is on you to prove that you are not fraud.
In fact you should be thankful that critics took time to review your code and whitepaper & gave you chance to rectify & improve.. but I guess your system was perfect since the very first launch, something even bitcoin couldn't do! Congratulations.
OR you could continue your strategy of working on things offline, but how long do you think its going to scale?

Only kunal said things that were technically false till now & now you have joined as well.
My fear is that when this bursts, you might get all cryptocurrency space in India regulated or banned.

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 09:53:11 AM

Just found few more links that claim Trestor to be a scam. It's not just us!
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Trestor-Reviews-E1147238.htm
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Trestor-RVW10878750.htm
https://www.facebook.com/pg/trestor.org/reviews/?ref=page_internal

However, still no solid proof of it.

One of them:
'I worked at Trestor as an intern (More than a year)
Pros
No pros at all. It's actually a proven scam. Kunal Dixit and Kabir Dixit have scammed several people that have poured money into that centralized digital coin. Trestor owes thousands of dollars and they ran out from Canada. Please check out all Trestor scams either in Google or Facebook page reviewes.
Cons
All people working at Trestor are no getting paid, instead they get empty promises of making a lot of money in the future. Do not believe any comments that are positive ones because they are fake ones created by themselves. I was working for them and had to create a lot of fake comments. Please share and spread this message.

And there are many more - its actually interesting to read the reviews on glassdoor to see the insides of Trestor

edit: One more thing. Seems like people are actually taking action with police as well! Apparently they got money invested into their company from Students and people alike and have failed to return it
https://www.facebook.com/trestor.org/photos/a.213597528807067.1073741830.175087412658079/676165505883598/?type=3&theater

Archived the facebook post before they remove it: https://archive.is/ejZAO
skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:34:44 PM

This starting to burst!

Says something about how much tech does Thapar, IIT Bombay & NASSCOM understand.

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
jjjack

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 08:17:10 AM

why we are discussing about trestor its so disgusting stop wasting ur time as  well of other it was scam it is scam so stop it bro 
Pawar

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 08:31:46 AM

why we are discussing about trestor its so disgusting stop wasting ur time as  well of other it was scam it is scam so stop it bro 

Scam or not.. you need to take a close look ...and like trestor... Bitcoin will also be scam to you bra
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: