Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:30:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin donations for Stefan Molyneux / Freedomain Radio (@117.50 BTC)  (Read 5563 times)
The Madhatter (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
November 15, 2010, 12:00:06 PM

No more emails from him? Weird that he wouldn't get interested.

That is correct. He might just be really busy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 03:50:56 AM

More correspondence:

Hello Stefan,

It has been 30 days since I started the FDR fundraiser. I have closed
the donations box. I am now handing the box over to you to do with it as
you wish. Smiley

Here are the credentials for the MyBitcoin account that I had created to
collect all of the coins into for FDR.

Login here: https://www.mybitcoin.com/login/sign-in.php
Username: XXXX
Password: XXXX

You should change the password immediately.

Cheers!
The Madhatter

Reply:

Thank you so much for your effort and time, I really appreciate your
generosity!

Best wishes,

Stefan Molyneux, M.A.
Host, Freedomain Radio
http://www.freedomainradio.com
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 03:54:07 AM

Did he say he will interviewing Satoshi, the mystery man who invented bitcoin?

The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 04:07:57 AM

I had sent a message to Satoshi and Stefan regarding a radio/youtube interview.

Neither one of them ever replied.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2010, 04:18:49 PM

Disappointing. Thanks for trying.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 05:36:12 PM

Maybe they're just incredibly busy?

BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 07:09:09 PM

Was it made clear that "Bitcoins are the #1 most important development in the fight for freedom in this century" to get his attention?

I facebooked him about BTCs a couple months ago and got no response, but I didn't phrase it like the above (rather, it was a long-winded explaination of BTCs with a request for an interview with Satoshi, so naturally he didn't want to do something that he didn't understand is my guess...)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2010, 07:11:51 PM

What avenues have been tried? Has someone tried messaging his youTube account? What about facebook? Was it made clear that "Bitcoins are the #1 most important development in the fight for freedom in this century" to get his attention?

I facebooked him about BTCs a couple months ago and got no response, but I didn't phrase it like the above (rather, it was a long-winded explaination of BTCs with a request for an interview with Satoshi, so naturally he didn't want to do something that he didn't understand is my guess...)

He'll know you are wrong since raising children peacefully is the number one important development in the fight for freedom. Bitcoin can have #2 spot though.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 08:40:39 AM

I'd still put seasteading before in this priority list.  Grin
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 10:23:53 AM

BrightAnarchist was referring to "developments" rather than "ideas". People can use bitcoin today, but seasteading isn't yet practical for ordinary people.

I agree with FreeMoney about raising children peacefully being number one priority though.
Anonymous

November 19, 2010, 11:36:03 AM

Maybe we need to make bitcoin more visible within the liberty community? I have been submitting bitcoin updates to the free talk live website whenever news such as the eff accepting donations comes out.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 05:50:15 PM

You don't want child abusers on your oversized boat/undersized island  Tongue

Or did you just mean in front of bitcoin?

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2010, 05:50:57 PM

Maybe we need to make bitcoin more visible within the liberty community? I have been submitting bitcoin updates to the free talk live website whenever news such as the eff accepting donations comes out.

I vote them up, lol.

What other sites should we hit?

JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 10:43:12 PM

I'm with BrightAnarchist in putting Bitcoin as the single most important development. You can raise children peacefully and lovingly but they can still become the moral police, religious fundamentalists, hardcore nationalists, etc. Humans are weak by nature and will cling to any gods they can find, no matter how good their childhoods were. Also, profits from this strategy would take generations to be felt. As for seasteading, it only takes for the US to get together with Europe and China and decide that they need to liberate us from liberty for it to be all over.

On the other hand, Bitcoin has the potential to destroy every single government on Earth if implemented on a massive scale, and never give a chance for them to return. There would be no more asking people nicely to give you liberty, you would be able to just take it. I'd go as far as call that scenario the next stage of human civilization.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2010, 12:12:31 AM

I'm with BrightAnarchist in putting Bitcoin as the single most important development. You can raise children peacefully and lovingly but they can still become the moral police, religious fundamentalists, hardcore nationalists, etc. Humans are weak by nature and will cling to any gods they can find, no matter how good their childhoods were. Also, profits from this strategy would take generations to be felt. As for seasteading, it only takes for the US to get together with Europe and China and decide that they need to liberate us from liberty for it to be all over.

On the other hand, Bitcoin has the potential to destroy every single government on Earth if implemented on a massive scale, and never give a chance for them to return. There would be no more asking people nicely to give you liberty, you would be able to just take it. I'd go as far as call that scenario the next stage of human civilization.

In other words, an exists that nobody in the world can close. They might thought that they could close the door, but it is moot.

Well, maybe. We don't know if bitcoin succeed or will not succeed. One thing for certain, the power that may be will have to give at some point.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2010, 07:16:23 AM

Children raised without force don't grow up to force others to follow their morals. There is no one human nature. Humans are changeable and adaptable. It will take generations.

Anonymous

November 20, 2010, 11:17:02 AM

I vote them up, lol.

What other sites should we hit?

I recently got an ad on project wonderful and you can see it on nhunderground http://nhunderground.com/forum/. There are a lot of sites where you can get one free because there are no other bidders. What I am doing is searching project wonderful for the keyword "liberty" and bidding on adspace. Smiley Its not directly bitcoin but it might ease people into it. 

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2010, 04:06:50 PM

I think we should advertise bitcoin directly.

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2011, 08:38:55 AM

I would donate bitcoins to freedomainradio...

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 30, 2011, 09:54:41 AM

Anyone else who would donate bitcoins, feel free to say so at this thread on their forum:

http://freedomainradio.com/BOARD/forums/p/29276/225107.aspx
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: